Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

I still think this might happen late late into the window.
Rennes want to sell, reports he has his heart set on spain. Neither of the glamour clubs have any cash so the longer it goes probably the better for us. However if we buy Varane that might give Madrid the funds to buy him.

Nick7

Rennes want to sell, reports he has his heart set on spain. Neither of the glamour clubs have any cash so the longer it goes probably the better for us. However if we buy Varane that might give Madrid the funds to buy him.
I'd say Real would put that money towards another young Frenchman.

Strelok

I still think this might happen late late into the window.
Me too.

Signing a new contract with Rennes will push his price through the roof making it's much harder for him to leave. And I don't think he'd like to spend 2,3 years more there anyway.

Madrid? They need to save every penny possible for Mbappe.

United, the PL? You must be dumb af to say no to that, given the circumstances.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Same. Annoying as he does look a very promising young player.
too many signs pointing elsewhere for camavinga
Though Rennes may favour a decent fee now than risk losing him on a free. Does come down to finances at the end of the day. He wants to move, Rennes should cash in on him at around £35m, he supposedly wants RM but RM making no moves.
Not sure even with him saying that, Rennes will agree to keeping him.

bosskeano

Though Rennes may favour a decent fee now than risk losing him on a free. Does come down to finances at the end of the day. He wants to move, Rennes should cash in on him at around £35m, he supposedly wants RM but RM making no moves.
Not sure even with him saying that, Rennes will agree to keeping him.
Don't think Madrid can pay the 35m for him to be honest unless they sell us Varane and use that money to purchase him. They have a massive bill trying to renovate the Bernabeu and they want to sign Mbappe for free but big wages as well as Haaland next summer for 75m plus big wages. Camavinga seems like he would be way down the list of priorities for them. With that said, they have an old group of midfielders that will need replacing as this kid would tick all the boxes for them.

Inigo Montoya

Don't think Madrid can pay the 35m for him to be honest unless they sell us Varane and use that money to purchase him. They have a massive bill trying to renovate the Bernabeu and they want to sign Mbappe for free but big wages as well as Haaland next summer for 75m plus big wages. Camavinga seems like he would be way down the list of priorities for them. With that said, they have an old group of midfielders that will need replacing as this kid would tick all the boxes for them.
Agree but if Rennes accept a fee what does he do? Reject it and thereby disrespecting them?

bosskeano

Agree but if Rennes accept a fee what does he do? Reject it and thereby disrespecting them?
good question....i suspect they've had dialogue about which club he would accept leaving for which would make it easier for both parties if and when bids arrive

Inigo Montoya

good question....i suspect they've had dialogue about which club he would accept leaving for which would make it easier for both parties if and when bids arrive
Good Catholic boy that he probably is, he's praying for RM to bid

bosskeano

Good Catholic boy that he probably is, he's praying for RM to bid
certainly seems that way and understandable him wanting to go there when Zidane was in charge but not so much now with Ancelotti as manager

I'm not sold on a veteran coach like Ancelotti wanting to bring in a young precocious talent like Camavinga when he has much bigger holes to fill in that squad other than CM

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Hasn't Ole made it pretty clear that he only wants players that actually want to play for us? If Carnavinga has his heart set for Madrid/Barca we'll simply walk away.

atkar83

Is Luckhurst reliable? I don’t think this is happening. I just see his name everywhere so wondering.
He writes for MEN and actually travels with the team. He was one of a handful of journos that was allowed to travel with the team during covid. So he's about as reliable as it gets. I've only been listening to his podcast for a year, but he doesn't seem the type to lie or stretch the truth just for clicks/views

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Is Luckhurst reliable? I don’t think this is happening. I just see his name everywhere so wondering.
Yeah, as atkar83 mentioned, he's very reliable and has solid connections with the club. My only problem with him is his bits of sensationalism when things don't go well, and I think he does that to get more eyes on his articles. He also tends to get a few details wrong from time to time, and then there's that unforgettable Sander Berge incident...

Inigo Montoya

Yeah, as atkar83 mentioned, he's very reliable and has solid connections with the club. My only problem with him is his bits of sensationalism when things don't go well, and I think he does that to get more eyes on his articles. He also tends to get a few details wrong from time to time, and then there's that unforgettable Sander Berge incident...
Caught in the same cubicle of a Gents' toilets together were they?

Jericholyte2

Would still be very interesting to see what would happen hypothetically if we had a free run, left it to the last 2 weeks of the window, then offered €25-30m. Would Rennes put pressure on Camavinga to accept, so they don’t lose him for a free?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
No chance...Everything will be going towards Mbappe.
I just don't buy that, why would Madrid, who are broke, spend money on Mbappe when they can get him next summer for free? I think if they spend any money at all this summer, it will be on cheap players. If they sell Varane, I don't think it covers the fee for Mbappe, but maybe Camavinga.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He writes for MEN and actually travels with the team. He was one of a handful of journos that was allowed to travel with the team during covid. So he's about as reliable as it gets. I've only been listening to his podcast for a year, but he doesn't seem the type to lie or stretch the truth just for clicks/views
Cheers mate

hungrywing

Heck, smile and assure him that yes, he can go to Real.

But first give me three good years along with a promise: if we come up against Real in the CL semis or the final, and I put you on the pitch, play as if from the following day on you would never be able to play football again. Play so that people will talk about that game for years to come - the day when Camavinga dismantled Real and showed them the player they were getting.

atkar83

I just don't buy that, why would Madrid, who are broke, spend money on Mbappe when they can get him next summer for free? I think if they spend any money at all this summer, it will be on cheap players. If they sell Varane, I don't think it covers the fee for Mbappe, but maybe Camavinga.
They'll probably have to save up money just to afford his wages, no? Plus they'll need that champions league money, so losing Ramos/Varane won't make it easier to get top 4 in La Liga. I'm curious how they'll handle this. Do we know how much Mbappe makes at PSG? I know City doesn't reveal wages, not sure if its the same at PSG. Because RM will have to at least match it, but probably beat it by a few million per year

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
They'll probably have to save up money just to afford his wages, no? Plus they'll need that champions league money, so losing Ramos/Varane won't make it easier to get top 4 in La Liga. I'm curious how they'll handle this. Do we know how much Mbappe makes at PSG? I know City doesn't reveal wages, not sure if its the same at PSG. Because RM will have to at least match it, but probably beat it by a few million per year
They can mitigate the cost of his wages with the revenue he'll bring in marketing-wise. It's also easier to secure loans with an asset like Mbappe on your team; it's not as much of an up-front cost as getting him, even with only one year left on his contract.

Womp

idiot
Or he’ll run his contract out again and leave on a free.
Not if his club is to be believed. He could tell them to get fecked and leave on a free anyway, of course, but if the Rennes' poster on here is to be believed - he isn't that type of character.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Would love him for obvious reasons but our club culture is finally getting back to a good place where we have highly motivated players whose first choice is United. Wouldn’t want an 18 year old changing that.

CM10

Hasn't Ole made it pretty clear that he only wants players that actually want to play for us? If Carnavinga has his heart set for Madrid/Barca we'll simply walk away.
He pushed the boat out to convince Bellingham to join before he signed for Dortmund, and there was a similar situation with Cavani before he signed his extension.

I think if the player is good enough he'd make concessions on that policy. It depends on how determined Camavinga is to play for one of the Spanish clubs.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
It's a no brainer that if Pogba does move this summer, It's Camavinga should be the one taking his place in our squad, The kid can develop into anything, we should be doing all things possible to get him to signed on.

red thru&thru

I'm pretty sure this potential signing wouldn't be like the signing of Di Maria. We all know Di Maria didn't want to leave Madrid, Madrid were desperate to sell and then Di Maria had no choice but of United.

Camavinga wants to leave Rennes, they don't want him to leave. There are other clubs who want him and can get him. He's 19 years of age and will be a free agent next summer, so more likely than not have a choice of any of the clubs he wants.

So if he does come to United, it will be because he wants to come. So I wouldn't question his desire to be here and I'm pretty confident he'd give his all.

Would he in 5 years or so want to move to Madrid or PSG? Possibly. But then what is the average span of a player at a single club nowadays?

I'd be delighted if he comes as he brings something we don't currently have.

lsd

The Oracle
I'm pretty sure this potential signing wouldn't be like the signing of Di Maria. We all know Di Maria didn't want to leave Madrid, Madrid were desperate to sell and then Di Maria had no choice but of United.

Camavinga wants to leave Rennes, they don't want him to leave. There are other clubs who want him and can get him. He's 19 years of age and will be a free agent next summer, so more likely than not have a choice of any of the clubs he wants.

So if he does come to United, it will be because he wants to come. So I wouldn't question his desire to be here and I'm pretty confident he'd give his all.

Would he in 5 years or so want to move to Madrid or PSG? Possibly. But then what is the average span of a player at a single club nowadays?

I'd be delighted if he comes as he brings something we don't currently have.

Except it wouldn't be in five years time but after every six months there would be quotes about how much he wants to leave us for his dream club.

We would be lucky to get two years out of him

Do you really want to go through that again ?

croadyman

Except it wouldn't be in five years time but after every six months there would be quotes about how much he wants to leave us for his dream club.

Yeah this is my worry about him seemingly having that dream to play in Spain as well

red thru&thru

What makes you think there would be quotes after 6 months that he wants to leave?

lsd

The Oracle
What makes you think there would be quotes after 6 months that he wants to leave?

He has made it known already before he even signs for anyone else.

It would be like Veron and Di Maria for two all over again.

Barely a day would go by without articles in the media about how much he wants away from us and to go to his dream club

Status
Not open for further replies.