Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

SATA

This will depend on us moving Andreas and Lingard on i think. Andreas probably would go but Lingard wants to stay unless someone from abroad wants him

The Irish Connection

There is no definit, but the rumours are we have been in contact. Now normally if have been in contact with the player, and they are open to coming we would go ahead and make a bid. However all the reports coming from around the player are he doesnt want to come. Could he be forced to by Rennes? Their presdient says yes, but no player can be forced to leave, he may decide that as RM cant afford him this year he would be better going on a free next year.
We’re usually slow with things. Yes, we seem to have improved this summer, but even with varane it dragged a bit (he didn’t want to have to return to Madrid training). It’s possible, because of Camavingas age, that Ole doesn’t see it as essential to have him in before the start of the season. I think we’ll make a move but it could be another few weeks away.

Tarrou

There’s been reports that he wants to play in Spain and is willing to run his contract down to go to Madrid next summer.

Not sure if that’s reliable or the usual Spanish propaganda.
Fair enough.

I'd wager almost all players would like to go to Madrid though.

And United too. Doesn't seem like a deal-breaker to me.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Fair enough.

I'd wager almost all players would like to go to Madrid though.

And United too. Doesn't seem like a deal-breaker to me.
No I agree. We could be waiting until we offload players or waiting until we can low ball them right at the end of the window.

bosskeano

given our main business with Sancho and Varane is done, we can afford to wait this one out a bit and see what happens. if we move andreas and it opens a space in our midfield for camavinga then we can maybe go see about gettign him closer to the end of the transfer window

Chairman Steve

I feel like this strong preference for Real Madrid story was born out of something being taken out of context and spindoctored, like he said he liked both Real and Utd then someone asked him to choose one, then he chose Real… and then it was reported like ‘CAMAVINGA SHUNS UTD FOR REAL’.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

It seems this might be a case of putting the money down for the player to arrive.
Pretty small fee for a talent as big as him. As long as he genuinely is interested in the move, seems like an easy call to go for him.

Tallis

We need our French legend to step in here and make the call to Camavinga and get him to join.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Pretty small fee for a talent as big as him. As long as he genuinely is interested in the move, seems like an easy call to go for him.
I think it's more than fair, had a great first season, didn't really follow it up the next one in the same vein of progression, he's in the last year of his contract, and we're still in pandemic recovery, so it's actually a fair price IMO.

bosskeano

Agree but as talented as he is, I tihnk its not worth chasing someone who is not keen to join us
we don't know is it more that his first option would be madrid and then United or is not keen to join us at all.

again....if we could sign the kid that would be great even if it means selling him down the line to Madrid for double or triple the fee. We did the exact same thing with Ronaldo.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I just think the Madrid thing gets overly stated, same with Mbappe. They're talking about needing to sell half of their team to get Mbappe, and what would be the point for him to join a depleted squad with a broke club? Even a year from now, on a free, the fee it will cost to sign Mbappe would be really difficult for Madrid to absorb, and Camavinga would get better offers from other club IMO. It just makes no sporting sense at all. At this point, they would be crazy to decide to join either Spanish giants and should go to the Premier League.

3vra

Agree but as talented as he is, I tihnk its not worth chasing someone who is not keen to join us
If you were very good player from France or Portugal and United were your dream club and there was a chance they might be interested in you but right now its just an option for them nothing specific.

At the same time Bayern and Juve were true interested in signing You, of course you would wait to make the best decision but if United does not make any official move for you, you would accept Bayern’s or Juve’s offer and i am sure you would give your best, even being United biggest fan playing for other club, after a while playing against United in CL match you would prefer your club to be on the winning side, this is how It works.

Being a fan of football club is great attribute to have but only for a fana of that club, players are different, if being a fan was important then we would not want to replace McT in the squad and our scouting team would only need to install some cameras in showers all over the world to see which players have biggest United crest on their ducks. I bet there are few in 7 division clubs.

Please stop that romantic BS, cause world is not some fantasy land, This guy is 18 at his age i was deciding what University i should choose for a year or more and everything was in my country.

Plus believe it or not playing for United is not everybody’s dream, but that does not mean we are bad place to be right now. He was born 2002 when we won CL last time he was 6, the last time we won PL he was 11, and then Real won 4 CL, City won 4 PL titles, for teenagers we are ancient history club that they need some conviction to be made. We are like Liverpool in the 90 but still manage to have few great players like Pogba and Bruno even when club is underachieving on all fronts for so long.

DarkXaero

Just saw the Twitch stream with Fabrizio/Bouhafsi. Bouhafsi said that while Camavinga's agent wants him at Man United, the player has wanted to go to PSG (but pursuit of Messi & Pogba for PSG complicates things). Bouhafsi also said that Camavinga's desire to join PSG can change anytime, and he may want Man United in a week, it's a wait and see situation for all parties involved.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sounds like we might be able to nab him. Not ideal that we aren't his first choice, but he will soon get over that.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Every day closer to deadline his price drops - I think we’ll sign him, it was agreed weeks ago and we’re driving the price down. That Boufasi bloke is basically PSG PR - Pogba wants PSG, this kid wants PSG, Varane wanted PSG - feck off and do one. Pogba will sign a new deal and we’ll sign him not because his agent has pushed him here but because we’re actually quite a big fecking club and even a blind man can see the quality of squad we’re building.

GledTheRed

Every day closer to deadline his price drops - I think we’ll sign him, it was agreed weeks ago and we’re driving the price down. That Boufasi bloke is basically PSG PR - Pogba wants PSG, this kid wants PSG, Varane wanted PSG - feck off and do one. Pogba will sign a new deal and we’ll sign him not because his agent has pushed him here but because we’re actually quite a big fecking club and even a blind man can see the quality of squad we’re building.
Well said fella.

Yes x

Rolaholic

Barnett should get a hefty commission for his efforts here when we extend Shaw, good man :lol:

FCAES_7

Didn't watch this kid a lot, but from all the hype seems like a great signing!! But will he need a year to get used the PL like VDB or will he be starting?? Sorry if this had been discussed in the thread already...but this is a key signing for the season!!!

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Really? Inventing reasons for a grudge against Bouhafsi?

Chairman Steve

Bouhafsi reports pretty accurately I thought? He could be in the Qatari pockets to write nice things about PSG but I don’t think it interferes with him reporting the facts.

Rolaholic

Why does everyone wanna go PSG these days. I can understand Real Madrid given their history, but why these lot?
He's a young French player and they're the biggest and richest club in the land, probably more in his comfort zone right now but I think a move abroad would bode him well long term.

mav_9me

Highly doubt that about Boufasi. One of the most reliable journalists out there.

mav_9me

Just saw the Twitch stream with Fabrizio/Bouhafsi. Bouhafsi said that while Camavinga's agent wants him at Man United, the player has wanted to go to PSG (but pursuit of Messi & Pogba for PSG complicates things). Bouhafsi also said that Camavinga's desire to join PSG can change anytime, and he may want Man United in a week, it's a wait and see situation for all parties involved.
Find it hard to believe agent and player disagree but I guess their preferences are different but of course the agent will do what the player wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.