Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondi77

If I am a bit of a tit mate all I can say is you are a double D cup, have a nice day :lol:

Adnan

Talent Spotter

We're trying to possibly move Lingard or even VdB before moving for Camavinga according to Romano, who says it's a open race between Man Utd and PSG who are both trying to sign him, but need to shift a player before making their move.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
If I am a bit of a tit mate all I can say is you are a double D cup, have a nice day :lol:
What's that. Forgot to quote? It seems it's a night full of mistakes for you. Whoopsie!!

Robertd0803

We're trying to possibly move Lingard or even VdB before moving for Camavinga according to Romano, who says it's a open race between Man Utd and PSG who are both trying to sign him, but need to shift a player before making their move.

I reckon Romano is literally playing everyone with this transfer saga just for clicks and nothing is going to happen between now and the window shutting.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Your last few updates have been the kiss of death for incoming transfers, next day or two they just go to a different club :wenger: I’m still holding out major hope for this but it sounds like PSG are firmly in the driving seat.

Also I really hope we don’t sell Donny. At least attempt to sell Matic and Lingard first. We’ve given them every chance and we know exactly what they offer. Donny surely is worth more than than he got the chance to show last year, surely? If he goes it actually has to be one of the worst transfers in our recent history and that’s really saying something given the mess we’d made of all things recruitment. Bizarre if true.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Sportbild is reporting the same: 30mio € to PSG
Sounds like a done deal. Thought he`d go for more €. Maybe only PSG was really in for him. (Bayern were reported to be interested but we seem set on Sabitzer now)
Sportbild are reporting that and are citing L'Equipe as the source. But having had a brief look online, I can't find anything anything on L'Equipe that says the player is joining PSG. What I did find was the below article from L'Equipe earlier today which quotes a local Rennes outlet in reiterating that Camavinga has played his last game for the club and is a possible option for PSG.

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Act...o-camavinga-depart-imminent-de-rennes/1279953

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Your last few updates have been the kiss of death for incoming transfers, next day or two they just go to a different club :wenger: I’m still holding out major hope for this but it sounds like PSG are firmly in the driving seat.

Also I really hope we don’t sell Donny. At least attempt to sell Matic and Lingard first. We’ve given them every chance and we know exactly what they offer. Donny surely is worth more than than he got the chance to show last year, surely? If he goes it actually has to be one of the worst transfers in our recent history and that’s really saying something given the mess we’d made of all things recruitment. Bizarre if true.
The last two which were Kamaldeen Sulemana and Pape Sarr who weren't just linked to us but other clubs aswell.

So #3 might be 3rd time lucky because it looks like he will likely leave and joining United over PSG might well be better for his development due to the competition for places at United in midfield not looking as strong as PSG, possibly?

Ali Dia

The last two which were Kamaldeen Sulemana and Pape Sarr who weren't just linked to us but other clubs aswell.

So #3 might be 3rd time lucky because it looks like he will likely leave and joining United over PSG might well be better for his development due to the competition for places at United in midfield not looking as strong as PSG, possibly?
I agree. He’d have to fancy his chances of getting into our team and becoming a hero but he’s not exactly putting out the vibe he especially wants to come here or thinks we are anything special. I get he could still come and grow to love the club. I hope that’s what happens but he’ll probably just be another ‘they are trying their best to ruin football’ signing from PSG.

Tacitus56AD

Supports
Bayern Munich
Would have liked him in munich especially because his name kinda sounds like lyrics from labrassbanda.
google labrassbanda and leave a like for me if you like their sound like i do. :D :drool:

DON’T PANIC ™

Even if we did sign him, no doubt he’ll play in the reserves for a while and then be loaned out like every other teenage talent we acquire.

Ali Dia

Even if we did sign him, no doubt he’ll play in the reserves for a while and then be loaned out like every other teenage talent we acquire.
Mickson is that you? Like Rooney Ronaldo Anderson Shaw and Martial you mean? This place is a constant whinge fest and now its gotten to the stage where I’m whinging about the whinging! If the player is good enough and developed physically he’ll get into the team. If not or if the team is stacked in his position he’ll go out on loan like at most other big clubs. There aren’t many 18/19/20 year olds regularly starting at our rivals either

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Mickson is that you? Like Rooney Ronaldo Anderson Shaw and Martial you mean? This place is a constant whinge fest and now its gotten to the stage where I’m whinging about the whinging! If the player is good enough and developed physically he’ll get into the team. If not or if the team is stacked in his position he’ll go out on loan like at most other big clubs. There aren’t many 18/19/20 year olds regularly starting at our rivals either
He's not good enough yet. That's the big problem with it. Which explains why the other big teams are also hesitant.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
Please make this happen! He would be the perfect fit and we are absolutely set for the future with him in midfield!

Bondi77

He’ll rotate in beside McT and Fred as a box to box/sitter hybrid and should be a much better player than either in a few seasons.
I would have thought Mejbri would play in that position and surely we need to give the talent already at the club first crack.

Ali Dia

I would have thought Mejbri would play in that position and surely we need to give the talent already at the club first crack.
I hope so, I love Hannibal. Hannibal Camavinga might just be the future of the midfield long term. It’s just when a prospect this good comes along you have to get involved and try your best to develop it no matter who else is on your books. It looks like he’s going to opt to stay in France if PSG go in for him though

Bondi77

I hope so, I love Hannibal. Hannibal Camavinga might just be the future of the midfield long term. It’s just when a prospect this good comes along you have to get involved and try your best to develop it no matter who else is on your books. It looks like he’s going to opt to stay in France if PSG go in for him though
That is understandable, not many players would relocate to another country at that age if they didn't need to.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
So is the: ‘having to sell to buy’ line being taken at face value? We waste literal millions of pounds on 1st team squad members who should have been moved on some time ago, yet suddenly care about the pennies when it comes to a relatively low value transfer? Is this a line being spun to both the media and fans so that whatever plans we have can be worked on in peace? Unless our suitors want a sizeable portion of £30m-£40m straight up or someone like Camavinga is coming in on massive wages, us paying off the transfer fee over, say, 4 years, or adding, what I doubt would be an eye-watering wage to our bloated one seems quite the formality should we want the player. This leads to me thinking this is more about brinkmanship and getting the best possible price we can than any pressing need to sell to buy.

Of course selling to buy is optimal, no doubt about that, but I doubt it’s pivotal for us to do business at such a low end of the market. Surely, reverse psychology also plays a role in that if we got a player in, we’re selling from a position of strength to another who has a pressing enough need to be enquiring about the player? Our surplus being your treasure.

As a point of interest, what kind of wage do people think Camavinga would/should be coming here on? I’d assume he’s on a very modest amount at Rennes, perhaps €30k a week? So tripling his wage here for a first contract with incentives plus very feasible rapid growth should he deliver by way of renegotiation all seems pretty feasible and logical? Or maybe I’m way off and he’s got an agent as savvy as De Jong and he wants big money straight out the traps?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
So is the: ‘having to sell to buy’ line being taken at face value? We waste literal millions of pounds on 1st team squad members who should have been moved on some time ago, yet suddenly care about the pennies when it comes to a relatively low value transfer? Is this a line being spun to both the media and fans so that whatever plans we have can be worked on in peace? Unless our suitors want a sizeable portion of £30m-£40m straight up or someone like Camavinga is coming in on massive wages, us paying off the transfer fee over, say, 4 years, or adding, what I doubt would be an eye-watering wage to our bloated one seems quite the formality should we want the player. This leads to me thinking this is more about brinkmanship and getting the best possible price we can than any pressing need to sell to buy.

Of course selling to buy is optimal, no doubt about that, but I doubt it’s pivotal for us to do business at such a low end of the market. Surely, reverse psychology also plays a role in that if we got a player in, we’re selling from a position of strength to another who has a pressing enough need to be enquiring about the player? Our surplus being your treasure.

As a point of interest, what kind of wage do people think Camavinga would/should be coming here on? I’d assume he’s on a very modest amount at Rennes, perhaps €30k a week? So tripling his wage here for a first contract with incentives plus very feasible rapid growth should he deliver by way of renegotiation all seems pretty feasible and logical? Or maybe I’m way off and he’s got an agent as savvy as De Jong and he wants big money straight out the traps?
This is a bit of a guess - but I have heard that Haaland's clause gets activated in January 2022. This might be the reason we are being a bit held back on how much we use because we might have the potential to go for Haaland in January.

I don't see why a clause allowing Haaland off Dortmund for approx 55 mil should be kept in the back seat until the summer when it is activated in January; unless the player doesn't want to come himself because the club doesn't have anything to do when the clause is activated.

Obviously we may be paying huge agent fees and family fees to get Haaland here on a relatively low to average transfer fee - so we are going to have to be very cautious of how we spend our money, on whom and what position.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
This is a bit of a guess - but I have heard that Haaland's clause gets activated in January 2022. This might be the reason we are being a bit held back on how much we use because we might have the potential to go for Haaland in January.

I don't see why a clause allowing Haaland off Dortmund for approx 55 mil should be kept in the back seat until the summer when it is activated in January; unless the player doesn't want to come himself because the club doesn't have anything to do when the clause is activated.

Obviously we may be paying huge agent fees and family fees to get Haaland here on a relatively low to average transfer fee - so we are going to have to be very cautious of how we spend our money, on whom and what position.
Ah, that's a good point that we may be loading up for a big push in other windows, particularly to be in the running for Haaland if he intimates he'd be willing to come here.

Hadn't thought of the angle of long game activity, just the line in relation to this specific window, where, I don't think it carries much weight, particularly with how well we've come out of two major transfers. Money being there but allocated for future endeavours such as what you've stated makes more sense than us being bound by getting what we have out the door to make a relatively small transfer happen.

Red_toad

Mejbri plays higher up the pitch, no way is he playing in a double pivot, might as well stick Pogba there and have a more talented player who isn't really suited to the role. I'd say we'd be a complete shambles throwing Mejbri into that role.

lenny_1248

He did not even play for U-23's at that position for the majority of the season. He started there, but then they moved him higher up the pitch and he looked much better. [correct me if I'm wrong]
Mejbri can become a successor and cover for Bruno and Pogba, if he stays, but so far there is very little to suggest that he can be a real difference maker in double pivot. You can say he will bulk up and all that stuff, but I just don't see it. He doesn't have defensive skills to play there, plus he's just better being attacking mid or playing on the left like Pogba now/Grealish.

In ideal world, United buy Camavinga this summer and Rice next summer...

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He did not even play for U-23's at that position for the majority of the season. He started there, but then they moved him higher up the pitch and he looked much better. [correct me if I'm wrong]
Mejbri can become a successor and cover for Bruno and Pogba, if he stays, but so far there is very little to suggest that he can be a real difference maker in double pivot. You can say he will bulk up and all that stuff, but I just don't see it. He doesn't have defensive skills to play there, plus he's just better being attacking mid or playing on the left like Pogba now/Grealish.

In ideal world, United buy Camavinga this summer and Rice next summer...
He played that role for Monaco regularly. It's only at United he's been deployed further forward.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He played that role for Monaco regularly. It's only at United he's been deployed further forward.
I think we're in the same boat of dreaming of a Camavinga-Mejbri midfield in the recent future aren't we :cool: Mejbri can of course also play further forward or wide left which is currently a positioned owned by Pogba (and rightly so).

I think Camavinga next to McTominay would be a pretty tasty midfield, and when we need to, we could deploy a 433 but that obviously requires sacrificing Bruno and that nullifies our attacking philosophy of waiting on him to do his magic.

I don't believe signing Camavinga is dependent upon selling players. The fee is so low for a player of his potential and even with a bloated squad, surely that would push certain players to pursue moves elsewhere before the window shuts.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think we are probably the least of his option if he looking for a move:

1. Moving to Spain?
2. Moving to PSG?
3. Moving to a PL team (ie Man Utd)
4. Stay at Rennes

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think we're in the same boat of dreaming of a Camavinga-Mejbri midfield in the recent future aren't we :cool: Mejbri can of course also play further forward or wide left which is currently a positioned owned by Pogba (and rightly so).

I think Camavinga next to McTominay would be a pretty tasty midfield, and when we need to, we could deploy a 433 but that obviously requires sacrificing Bruno and that nullifies our attacking philosophy of waiting on him to do his magic.

I don't believe signing Camavinga is dependent upon selling players. The fee is so low for a player of his potential and even with a bloated squad, surely that would push certain players to pursue moves elsewhere before the window shuts.
I think the best formation for us as things stand is the 4-2-3-1, because it allows both Pogba and Fernandes to play in advanced areas and they can both interchange too.

Mejbri definitely has the ability to play in midfield because that's how Monaco were developing him. And his role in he team was to help build play from deeper and knit it all together in transition where the game was going through him and he was most definitely their metronome. And all these games were streamed on Monaco's YouTube channel. But when he arrived at United we used him in a advanced role which was probably due to United trying to give as much games as possible to a variety of players in central midfield. But make no mistake about it, he was being developed as a playmaking #8 at Monaco, where he was impressing potential suitors.

I think it might be a little too early to use Mejbri in the double pivot and he's probably best used in more advanced areas for now at first team level. But I do agree with you that he does have it in him to play in a deeper midfield role long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.