Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baneofthegame

He’s the most hated player we’ve ever had. Why is that? He’s also the most flamboyant. I assume people just don’t like that. It’s not a performance thing it’s a person thing. It’s also a football society issue not just a United issue.
So again, how has Man Utd football club, treated Paul Pogba badly?

Baneofthegame

Instead of trying to ridicule the poster, answer his question and not get sidetracked by semantics.
So you are implying the fans or the media treat him badly? I think he gets some unfair criticism from fans and media alike, but he also doesn’t carry himself well, or put in consistent performances for our club, whether that’s down to Pogba, our manager/tactics or a combination of both is for debate.
l
Either way, based on track record, I doubt it would have any effect on french players, look at the ones who did make it here, performances bring praise.

@Mainoldo this was directed at your reply.

Last edited:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
So you are implying the fans or the media treat him badly? I think he gets some unfair criticism from fans and media alike, but he also doesn’t carry himself well, or put in consistent performances for our club, whether that’s down to Pogba, our manager/tactics or a combination of both is for debate.

Either way, based on track record, I doubt it would have any effect on french players, look at the ones who did make it here, performances bring praise.
I'm not implying anything, I wanted the question answered if possible, ' How have Utd treated Pogba badly?'

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
His french family, in Grenoble, keep up will ya?
'Hi Grandad, won't be staying long I just popped over on the Eurostar to check in with your neighbours and make sure they still love Pogba'.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
This thread has nothing to do with Camavinga anymore.

justsomebloke

He doesn't have a best role at the moment. He is very complete, he is an above average passer and tackler but also has above average vision and positioning.
I think exactly that lack of definition is one of his most attractive traits. A player of big general talent that can be shaped into what the club needs him to be.

justsomebloke

He'd be mad to go to Madrid so early in his career. Odegaard, Varane, Rodrygo, Isco, Jovic, Vinicius Junior etc were the most sought after kids/young payers in world football when Madrid bought them, but have all really struggled there. Even Benzema struggled in his first few seasons.
Turned out OK for them in the end though, didn't it. I think if you sign with RM as a youngster, even as a global talent, you have to be prepared to do your development on loan, for the most part. But that's not necessarily such a bad thing.

That being said, I think Haaland's taken the smarter route - gradual progression through levels where he gets first team action on a high level and can dominate.

Matriac

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/eduardo-camavinga-snub-rennes-contract-man-utd-transfer-interest

Brilliant young France midfielder Eduardo Camavinga will not be signing a new contract with his Ligue 1 club Stade Rennes, according to a reliable source.

The 18-year-old, who has been tracked by Manchester United and Real Madrid, has opted against extending his time with the Ligue 1 side. According to The Athletic the midfielder will reject the offer of an extension, partly because of the French side’s plan to insert an expensive release clause into his new deal.

Camavinga, who has been capped three times by France, is out of contract in June 2022. So Rennes will most likely look to cash in on the player this summer or in January 2022.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We have to be interested in this guy if he’s looking to move and his contract is nearly up. His form has dropped off a lot after he got injured but up to then he looked the best young midfielder in the game. The dip in form is actually fortuitous as it might lower his price slightly. The Spanish clubs aren’t doing many deals. I think he would be a very classy addition.

luke511

How much we thinking with a year left on his contract? £40 mil? It would be incredible business.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can't see it being us. We don't do auctions. Everyone will want this guy.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Damn, someone's getting a fine deal. All the noise has been around his link with Madrid though.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Expect him to go to Madrid. Although he's a top prospect, he doesn't fill the gap in midfield we've got of a proper holding defensive midfielder. And with limited funds you'd expect we're looking at very specific players rather than just an overall improvement in quality.

Mark Pawelek

“[Eduardo] Camavinga can play next year in the Premier League,Jonathan Barnett (his agent) said on The Athletic. “He is that good. Whether he will or not, I don’t know.”

Looks like he intends to move clubs this summer, as Rennes won't keep him - his contract expires in 2022. They sell now or he leaves for free. Real want Mbappé. They probably can't afford both. United made it clear their transfer strategy is long-term. Camavinga is clearly a target so there's a definite chance United will try for him. Missed out on Bellingham last summer but tried for him. Q: Has our midfield improved since then? A: No. Pogba likely to go and DvdB ain't a Pogba replacement.

Last edited:

JohnnyLaw

If we’re to persist with the 4-2-3-1 system I’d be really intrigued to see how he and McTominay would develop together in our double pivot.

He seems like a sturdier version of Fred to me, haven’t watched him enough to make a fair assessment though.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Has he actually been that good this season? Is just the dreaded second season syndrome? Seems extremely young for such a big move in relation to his position, though. Can’t think of many - any - 18 year olds going straight to the top who play in central midfield.

Trex

Similar profile to the likes of Caicedo and Bellingham in both age and style,and he's arguably better, he would definitely be on our radar, its just about were signing a midfielder is on our priority list.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Nah, he clearly looked disinterested in his last year and his performance was fluctuating. Still looked a class above everyone on the pitch other than Ravel though.
Disinterested doesn’t equate to ‘struggled’

yamo123x

Is he just not another Renato Sanches? Massively overhyped player

Those who have watched Camavinga regualrly is this guy the real deal?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is he just not another Renato Sanches? Massively overhyped player

Those who have watched Camavinga regualrly is this guy the real deal?
No is the simple answer.

Sanches was a good player but his base technique wasn't great, relied on his speed and strength to dribble his way out of trouble.

Camavinga is a genuine class talent, you don't boss the PSG midfield at 17 years old or play for the French national team and not be a huge talent.

He has had a bit of a 2nd season dip but that's understandable at his age.

yamo123x

No is the simple answer.

Sanches was a good player but his base technique wasn't great, relied on his speed and strength to dribble his way out of trouble.

Camavinga is a genuine class talent, you don't boss the PSG midfield at 17 years old or play for the French national team and not be a huge talent.

He has had a bit of a 2nd season dip but that's understandable at his age.

Cheers for that. I do remember the same being said about Ndombele when he was at Lyon dominating the Barca midfield in Champions League, but he hasnt developed as the hype would suggest.

Still think Bellingham was the one that got away.... he looks the real deal.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think we will go in for him. Age, contract situation, world class potential and the Spanish clubs hands are tied. this could actually be a goer and not just saying that because i want it to happen. It actually makes sense. He has an English agent and his comments are also interesting

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I can see us getting him if Pogba leaves, not really if he stays.

hungrywing

Nah, he clearly looked disinterested in his last year and his performance was fluctuating. Still looked a class above everyone on the pitch other than Ravel though.
I think a good chunk of caftards will remember that. I certainly do.

Personally I didn't/don't watch the youth teams but I remember how all the youth-followers were posting about it, worrying that he'd leave if we didn't tie him down. The more cynical of them pointing out that it might be a power play.

And then the Rafael-Park in midfield game happened. And people who knew what they were looking at rightly wrote off Pogba in terms of mentality.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Cheers for that. I do remember the same being said about Ndombele when he was at Lyon dominating the Barca midfield in Champions League, but he hasnt developed as the hype would suggest.

Still think Bellingham was the one that got away.... he looks the real deal.
Ndombele is class but clearly chose the wrong club at the wrong time, I couldn't think of a worse manager than Mourinho for him. He's even more extravogant than Pogba :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.