Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think we will go in for him. Age, contract situation, world class potential and the Spanish clubs hands are tied. this could actually be a goer and not just saying that because i want it to happen. It actually makes sense. He has an English agent and his comments are also interesting
What did he say?

Matriac

Not sure if y'all saw it in the article I linked above, but the English agent (Barnett) also represents Shaw and Henderson, so there's definitely a connection to the club already. Maybe more so now that Shaw has been rejuvenated and Henderson is getting a real run at the number 1 spot.

Oh and after he changed to Barnett in December, Rennes lowered his asking price in the recent January window from €80m to €50m.
So a price of £40m is definitely doable. Maybe even lower in the summer, depending on how strongly Camavinga wants to move to a specific club or not.

Last edited:

Rocknrolla69er

Camavingas talent is transitions from defence to attack

One of Uniteds weaknesses transitions from defence to attack

Would be a shrewd signing. Wonder what his asking price is

£45m apparntly

Last edited:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I said it last summer and I’ll say it again. If we could somehow get Sancho and Camavinga in one window then that would be our strongest window in recent times by a distance. Both are significantly cheaper this year and both are gettable. I know it’s wonderkid fc but those two stick out like a sore thumb for any club interested in signing younger players.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hes not a holding midfielder though right? What is he like defensively? Would love us to sign him, but we probably need a 6 first if he isn't one

hungrywing

Not sure if y'all saw it in the article I linked above, but the English agent (Barnett) also represents Shaw and Henderson, so there's definitely a connection to the club already. Maybe more so now that Shaw has been rejuvenated and Henderson is getting a real run at the number 1 spot.

Oh and after he changed to Barnett in December, Rennes lowered his asking price in the recent January window from €80m to €50m.
So a price of £40m is definitely doable. Maybe even lower in the summer, depending on how strongly Camavinga wants to move to a specific club or not.
I think he averages around three clients per PL club.

Might not be the strong connection you were hoping.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hes not a holding midfielder though right? What is he like defensively? Would love us to sign him, but we probably need a 6 first if he isn't one
We don't play with a 6 or a pure CDM, Ole wants both his CM's to be involved in both attack and defence, Camavinga is more than capable of that, he's extremely rounded.

Matriac

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I think he averages around three clients per PL club.

Might not be the strong connection you were hoping.
I think he’s James’ agent too - so 3 young players Ole has trusted and improved may convince him this is the right place. No chance this kid is going for 50m though - Nobody is spending 50m on an unproven 18 year old CM with 1 year on their contract in this market - 30m absolute tops and that’s with a bidding war.

hungrywing

Well, true, but out of all his United clients (Shaw, Henderson, James, Elanga, Romero) we've treated them all well other than maybe Romero lately.

So we are obviously used to dealing with his firm, and we have shown an interest in Camavinga, so it should be easy to deal with them.
I think he’s James’ agent too - so 3 young players Ole has trusted and improved may convince him this is the right place. No chance this kid is going for 50m though - Nobody is spending 50m on an unproven 18 year old CM with 1 year on their contract in this market - 30m absolute tops and that’s with a bidding war.
The Power of Positive Thinking.

luke511

He's perfect for the double pivot, he excels at tackling and intercepting so probably could do just as good a job as a lone CDM once he's a few years older and wiser.

Walters_19_MuFc

Don't think Ole wants a holding midfielder. He wants two all-round midfielders i.e Keane and Scholes. Think that's why he really wanted Bellingham or Caicedo.

RashyForPM

Seems a real all-round midfielder. Could call him a better McT. Energetic, can intercept and tackle, but can make line breaking progressive passes too. He definitely won’t sign a new contract now, so we might get a good deal for him if he chooses us, something like £45m, which is still quite hefty, but we’ll have to pay it because Madrid and Pool will be competing to buy him as well.

Against lesser teams:

Henderson
AWB New CB Maguire Shaw
Camavinga/Rice Pogba
Sancho Bruno Rashford
Greenwood

Against top sides:

Henderson
AWB New CB Maguire Shaw
McT/Fred Camavinga
Sancho Bruno Pogba
Greenwood/Rashford

After the progress we’ve made this season, especially in the PL, this squad can genuinely challenge for and win the PL next season.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
When was Platini the best player in the world? Ballon d'or was European-players only back then and Maradona was playing in the same era as him.
probably around 1984 /1985

Maradonna had just moved to Napoli so before he clicked there and made them tite challangers - after he had been kicked out of the 1982 world cup and didnt play for argentina for 2 years

whilst Plattini won the world soccer plater of the year title (whatever thats worth) for two years (before maradonna won it in 1986)... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Soccer_(magazine)
he also won the european championships in 1984 (with some 13 goals in 10 games for france that year)... plus the utalian league and the cup winners cup as well as the european cup in 1985

For their clubs over the 1984/1986 period
in seria a platini played 58 scored 38 (total 91 played and 54 scored)
in seria a maradonna played 59 scored 25 (total played 67 scored 30)

I remember that period and summer 1984 Plattini was pretty well recognised as the best - by summer 1986 it was maradonna

Mark Pawelek

Don't think Ole wants a holding midfielder. He wants two all-round midfielders i.e Keane and Scholes. Think that's why he really wanted Bellingham or Caicedo.
Calling Camavinga a holding midfielder is comical. He's box to box; like Fred, but with more potential. Fred is at the top of his game now, he's not getting any better, he'll always miss those long shots, be dispossessed in the worst possible position and make too many miss-passes or too safe passes. Camavinga will become better than Fred could ever be; just a question of time. It could be United management pass-by - maybe they think they already have a lot of "generational talent"?

If Ole doesn't want a holding midfielder, there's sadly no place for Garner here.

Walters_19_MuFc

Calling Camavinga a holding midfielder is comical. He's box to box; like Fred, but with more potential. Fred is at the top of his game now, he's not getting any better, he'll always miss those long shots, be dispossessed in the worst possible position and make too many miss-passes or too safe passes. Camavinga will become better than Fred could ever be; just a question of time. It could be United management pass-by - maybe they think they already have a lot of "generational talent"?

If Ole doesn't want a holding midfielder, there's sadly no place for Garner here.
Oh, I wasn't calling Camavinga a holding midfielder. It was in response to the post about Ole not wanting him because he's a holding midfielder but he's clearly an all-rounded midfielder.

In response to Garner, he also isn't a holding midfielder.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

I doubt United think like that, we've been all over every half decent talent like a rash for the last few years, we've just missed out on players due to more attractive offers elsewhere.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Expect him to go to Madrid. Although he's a top prospect, he doesn't fill the gap in midfield we've got of a proper holding defensive midfielder. And with limited funds you'd expect we're looking at very specific players rather than just an overall improvement in quality.
We play with a double pivot. He can play in that.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I’ve been all aboard the Declan Rice train for 3 years - not going to get off it now!
You don't have too. Camavinga and Rice sounds like a glorious meal.

Beaucoup

Well, true, but out of all his United clients (Shaw, Henderson, James, Elanga, Romero) we've treated them all well other than maybe Romero lately.

So we are obviously used to dealing with his firm, and we have shown an interest in Camavinga, so it should be easy to deal with them.
Stellar Football represents half the players in our academy

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We don't play with a 6 or a pure CDM, Ole wants both his CM's to be involved in both attack and defence, Camavinga is more than capable of that, he's extremely rounded.
This.

We don't need a pure DM but rather someone who can play in the double pivot, both defensively and offensively.

Devil may care

The whole notion of Ole not wanting a holder is weird, unless people are associating the role with a pure DM, even in a double pivot one of the midfielders is always going to have a more defensive part to play positionally, one of the things that doesn't work well with McFred is neither have great positional nous and lose track of runners.

Has he actually been that good this season? Is just the dreaded second season syndrome? Seems extremely young for such a big move in relation to his position, though. Can’t think of many - any - 18 year olds going straight to the top who play in central midfield.
Bellingham? Other than that I agree with your point, I think Camavinga is a class talent but if he's our only midfield addition I fear we'll still be stuck with McFred against better teams.

Hannibal Mejbri.
Hannibal Smith.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The whole notion of Ole not wanting a holder is weird, unless people are associating the role with a pure DM, even in a double pivot one of the midfielders is always going to have a more defensive part to play positionally, one of the things that doesn't work well with McFred is neither have great positional nous and lose track of runners.

Bellingham? Other than that I agree with your point, I think Camavinga is a class talent but if he's our only midfield addition I fear we'll still be stuck with McFred against better teams.

Hannibal Smith.
It all depends on the opposition mate. If we're playing a Bayern Munich, Liverpool or City, then say a midfield pairing of Bissouma and Camavinga could be deployed to play a more disciplined role in front of the defence. But most of our games will be against teams where we're expected to take the initiative. And in those games, it's important both our midfielders help advance the transition whether that be on the left or right side of the pitch.

So if Solskjaer wants to implement his high tempo, fast transition football with counter pressing/high pressing capabilities, (Which is a must) then the CBs have to play high up the pitch, with the two midfielders needing to contribute on the ball going forward and also provide defensively by being one of the three players, who will initiate the wide pressing trap on either side of the pitch. This is why I've said it's important he signs a CB with the correct attributes for that to come to fruition. I can't see that coming to fruition with our current CB pairing who are both deep block defenders.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
We play with a double pivot. He can play in that.
Yeah he can, but he's not going to control a game from deep, he's more in the mould of Fred, McT or Pogba rather than a pivot that will sit and dictate games from deep, hence why I said he's similar to what we've got rather than an addition in something we're lacking.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Yeah he can, but he's not going to control a game from deep, he's more in the mould of Fred, McT or Pogba rather than a pivot that will sit and dictate games from deep, hence why I said he's similar to what we've got rather than an addition in something we're lacking.
He has the vision and passing ability to play that role but he’s still a skinny kid. It would be a waste at this moment in time to have him sitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.