Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

My biggest gripe with him is he’s in love with madrid so would be looking to leave soon enough. You can bet they would be linked to him every window
Yeah does seem like he has a real ambition to play for Madrid over other sides

Red_toad

The wage of a player doesn’t objectively mark their value (Lingard is reportedly on more than Bruno). Can anyone agree that Fred is truly worth the £47m we paid for him and the wage we’ve paid him?

Using a club as an example, where would you place Fred’s value?
Who is we? Pretty sure the club purchased Fred. And what does his transfer fee have to do with his wages, which far outstrip any player at Rennes? It was a dumb ill thought out post and has been rightly called out.

Oh and Bruno is on 180k a week and Jesse just over 75k, so don’t be believing those reports.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Even if this was true, surely you want someone like Camavinga next to him then?
We definitely need somebody more comfortable in possession than Mctominay that's for sure.

A Verratti / Kroos type or similar would be perfect. Think Camavinga is very much in the Fred mould.

croadyman

We definitely need somebody more comfortable in possession than Mctominay that's for sure.

A Verratti / Kroos type or similar would be perfect. Think Camavinga is very much in the Fred mould.
Yeah if only we could get one of them

Thiagoal

He certainly looks all action and his tackles aren’t too dissimilar to AWB. Would be great to have him but I’d much rather we were looking for a more composed midfielder in the Michael Carrick mould

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I’ve read quotes from him for weeks if not months.
but like I said earlier zidane rumoured to leave so that may change things
As far as I know he hasn't made any comment that could be described as open for any club. A few months ago when asked about Real Madrid and Bayern interest, he answered that it was flattering when big clubs wants you but that he wasn't thinking about it right now.

justsomebloke

I've not really seen him play that much, or with enough attention to really gain a valid impression of his specific pros and cons. Had a look at some highlights, which left me with the following impression:

- Very good tackler/ball-winner
- dribbles expansively, and gets fouled a lot
- excellent technique, athleticism, strong on the ball
- good quickness
- decent shot, more for placement than force

Among the things you don't seem to see (apart from the things you never see in highlights, like positioning and work rate) is a lot of really great, incisive passing?

Those of you who have seen more of him, would those be relatively accurate observations?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
As far as I know he hasn't made any comment that could be described as open for any club. A few months ago when asked about Real Madrid and Bayern interest, he answered that it was flattering when big clubs wants you but that he wasn't thinking about it right now.
Well unless they have rehashed that in the last week again which is always possible. Also has about him telling his entourage that he wants madrid.

bsCallout

I really like the look of Bissouma, not sure how he holds up stats wise with passing etc. Annoyingly they bought that other youngster than would have been a great scoop for us.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Well unless they have rehashed that in the last week again which is always possible. Also has about him telling his entourage that he wants madrid.
In the last weeks he was asked again and repeated the same thing. AS are the ones selling the idea that he dreams to play for Real Madrid, it could be true or Real Madrid PR, he has been clever enough to deflect every single time though.

Tallis

He certainly looks all action and his tackles aren’t too dissimilar to AWB. Would be great to have him but I’d much rather we were looking for a more composed midfielder in the Michael Carrick mould
The player that most closely reminds me of Carrick is James Garner, currently on loan to Forest. I would love us to buy Ruiz and partner him with Garner when he is ready. Garner can dictate play from deep and Ruiz can carry the ball and play those intricate passes.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Isn’t he already Bayern bound?
That would be awesome and I'd very much like to believe so, but I have my doubts. Our DoF has apparently been after him for a while but, really, who knows how much we're willing or able to pay and what the player wants. I doubt we are flush enough and I doubt he'd choose us over Real or PSG.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I really like the look of Bissouma, not sure how he holds up stats wise with passing etc. Annoyingly they bought that other youngster than would have been a great scoop for us.
Agreed I like him too. Feels like the sort of player we'd never sign though and he'd end up going to be a star elsewhere.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I’ve read quotes from him for weeks if not months.
but like I said earlier zidane rumoured to leave so that may change things
I don't see what impact Zidane leaving really would have for him. People need to realize, because we hear that about Mbappe as well, but those kids didn't really grow up with Zidane as their idol, it was a bit before their time, especially for Camavinga so I don't think Zidane being there or not has any impact at all. Even Mbappe said that he enjoyed Zidane the player, but he's never really thought about him as a coach or that having any impact on his decision.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I don't see what impact Zidane leaving really would have for him. People need to realize, because we hear that about Mbappe as well, but those kids didn't really grow up with Zidane as their idol, it was a bit before their time, especially for Camavinga so I don't think Zidane being there or not has any impact at all. Even Mbappe said that he enjoyed Zidane the player, but he's never really thought about him as a coach or that having any impact on his decision.
Yeah it’s just that he’s mentioned zidane a few times (as a coach)

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Yeah it’s just that he’s mentioned zidane a few times (as a coach)
I think that's mainly the media throwing those questions at him rather than Camavinga speaking of it on his own, they do that with all French players that get linked to Madrid because Zidane is basically a demi-god in France. I don't actually think Camavinga cares if Zidane is there or not, but I could be wrong and might have missed an interview where he would have said otherwise.

jesperjaap

I've not really seen him play that much, or with enough attention to really gain a valid impression of his specific pros and cons. Had a look at some highlights, which left me with the following impression:

- Very good tackler/ball-winner
- dribbles expansively, and gets fouled a lot
- excellent technique, athleticism, strong on the ball
- good quickness
- decent shot, more for placement than force

Among the things you don't seem to see (apart from the things you never see in highlights, like positioning and work rate) is a lot of really great, incisive passing?

Those of you who have seen more of him, would those be relatively accurate observations?
He reminds me of a young Edgar Davids in that fabulous Ajax side, only he is two or three years younger than Davids was in that champions league side, so not easy to make comparisons.

Personally I dont think he is has as good technique, tackling, dribbling....but Davids is one of my favourite players of all time, dont think many compare to him as a box to box midfielder all round. If he goes on to be half as good a prime Davids though that is reason enough to sign him and I do think he will be a fabulous player in his own right.

bosskeano

If Zidane walks away from Madrid, as rumored, this should put United in pole position to sign this kid. 40m for him is well worth the money as he is a LEGIT #8 and would be brilliant alongside Bruno and either Fred or Scott.

His age fits, his ability on the ball fits and he puts in a shift defensively.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Has been poor for most of the season. Should choose his next club wisely if he wants to play week in week out.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Has been poor for most of the season. Should choose his next club wisely if he wants to play week in week out.
As in poor by his standards, by Premier League standards or by French league standards? And what do you think has been the cause of his poor performances?

Suedesi

Yeah so my point is what’s the point? He’s openly says it’s his dream blah blah
He can give 6-7 years of service to Man Utd and then get his dream move to Madrid. Like Hazard for example.

I just don't understand the mindset of rejecting a player a priori just because he has a dream to play elsewhere.

A lot can change once he becomes a United player, he can fall in love with the place, the club, the ethos etc.

croadyman

He can give 6-7 years of service to Man Utd and then get his dream move to Madrid. Like Hazard for example.

I just don't understand the mindset of rejecting a player a priori just because he has a dream to play elsewhere.

A lot can change once he becomes a United player, he can fall in love with the place, the club, the ethos etc.
Yeah that is a very valid point and would happily take him for a few years before he lives that Madrid dream like Ronny

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
As in poor by his standards, by Premier League standards or by French league standards? And what do you think has been the cause of his poor performances?
I think poor is a bit harsh, he's been a bit more poor than last season by his standard (can we even call your debut season a standard? I digress), but so has Rennes as a whole. He's still easily one of the most talented young midfielders in the world with a great set of skills and if he can be gotten for a reasonable fee (around 50m), then I would go for it, regardless of what his future career plans are. You can get him for a solid 4-5 years and sell for a profit IMO unless he massively fails which I just can't see happening. He's not just very talented, he's got such a solid mindset that I think he will go very far in football.

Champagne Football

We have Mejbri, Garner, Galbraith and possibly Van de Beek as up and coming central mid options.

We'll probably buy that Uruguayan defensive midfielder from Getafe too.

I just don't see Ole going after Camavinga, when he knows we'd be his 4th choice club, and knows all the big clubs will be after him.

croadyman

I think poor is a bit harsh, he's been a bit more poor than last season by his standard (can we even call your debut season a standard? I digress), but so has Rennes as a whole. He's still easily one of the most talented young midfielders in the world with a great set of skills and if he can be gotten for a reasonable fee (around 50m), then I would go for it, regardless of what his future career plans are. You can get him for a solid 4-5 years and sell for a profit IMO unless he massively fails which I just can't see happening. He's not just very talented, he's got such a solid mindset that I think he will go very far in football.
Yeah better to get him now than pay a fortune few years down the line

Status
Not open for further replies.