Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

He has made it known already before he even signs for anyone else.

It would be like Veron and Di Maria for two all over again.

Barely a day would go by without articles in the media about how much he wants away from us and to go to his dream club
Yeah this is a very good point and something which has to be considered, also didn't Luckhurst's article the other day suggest the signals from his camp weren't very encouraging about joining Utd which feels like a huge red flag

red thru&thru

Barely a day would go by without articles in the media about how much he wants away from us and to go to his dream club
I mentioned the reasons about Di Maria, he was almost strong armed to come to United. Camavinga doesn't have that same pressure. So can't compare the two.

No one really knows the truth on where he wants to go. His brother was wearing a Manchester United top recently, does this not make his family a fan of ours?

Not too sure why Veron has been brought in this conversation?

worldinmotion66

If he's dead set on Spain, he'll run out his contract.

If he moves to another club, it's because he wants to be there.

lsd

The Oracle

If he comes to us it will be like Haaland going to Dortmund he may as be here on loan and we will have the constant speculation of where he really wants to be.

TheReligion

Abusive

Drama Queen.

Where are these daily quotes and articles from Haaland wanting to leave again?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Genuinely think he wouldn't play in that United midfield in his current capacity. Wherever he goes, assuming it's a historic club, will not have him as a starter until he regains his form. Bellingham has overtaken him frankly. Both very talented, but on different trajectories in terms of form.

red thru&thru

Exactly.

Not too sure why people keep saying he doesn't want to come here. Just pure speculation. If he doesn't want to come and other teams want to wait for him on a free, he'll wait and go there.

Don't get the logic of people thinking he'll come here this year and won't really want to be here.

Strelok

If anyone remember this:

Keane was beginning to attract attention from the top clubs in the Premier League, and in 1992, Blackburn Rovers manager Kenny Dalglish spoke to Keane about the possibility of a move to the Lancashire club at the end of the season. With Forest struggling in the league and looking increasingly likely to be relegated, Keane negotiated a new contract with a relegation escape clause. The lengthy negotiations had been much talked about in public, not least by Brian Clough, who described Keane as a "greedy child"[11] due to the high wages demanded by the Irishman. "Keane is the hottest prospect in football right now, but he is not going to bankrupt this club", Clough stated. Despite the extended contract negotiations, Forest fans voted him the club's Player of the Season.[16] Despite his best efforts, Keane could not save Forest from relegation, and the clause in his contract became activated. Blackburn agreed a £4 million fee for Keane, who soon after agreed to a contract with the club.

A mistake, however, prevented the move to the club: when the contract had been agreed upon, Dalglish realized they did not have the correct paperwork needed to complete the transfer. This was on a Friday afternoon, and the office had been locked up for the weekend. With a verbal agreement in place, they agreed to meet on Monday morning to complete the transfer officially. Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson, hearing about the move, phoned Keane and asked whether he would like to join them instead of Blackburn. Ferguson ensured they had the paperwork ready and met up with Keane on Saturday and signed him for Manchester United for £3.75 million, a British transfer record at the time.[17]
It's how transfers work, the players simply choose the best option for them. If my memory serves me right Blackburn was pretty hot back then and we're not really. Sometime things changed in a blink of eye just because of some pretty irrelevant thing, like a house for Gazza for example.

Last edited:

Redcy

Exactly.

Not too sure why people keep saying he doesn't want to come here. Just pure speculation. If he doesn't want to come and other teams want to wait for him on a free, he'll wait and go there.

Don't get the logic of people thinking he'll come here this year and won't really want to be here.

The logic, I think, is that he doesn't want to come to us preferring a move to Spain. That seems to be the rumour mill, and I reckon if Real showed any interest he'd be there in a shot. However we know Real are basically potless at the moment so can't afford him this year.

However Rennes have said that he won't leave on a free, and it seems that Camavinga is respectful of the club, maybe he would consider a move to United to help out Rennes if Real make no approach. If he does that is he going to be the supreme professional who gives his all for us, or will he be in the headlines every few months talking about dream moves.

Who knows is the issue here i think

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If anyone remember this:

It's how transfers work, the players simply choose the best option for them. If my memory serves me right Blackburn was pretty hot back then and we're not really. Sometime things changed in a blink of eye just because of some pretty irrelevant thing, like a house for Gazza for example.
What’s your actual point?

Strelok

What’s your actual point?
For the posters who keep saying this guy is set for Madrid let's forget about him and buy someone else? because of some tweets?

Keane was about to sign for Blackburn, a contract was even agreed between, only a paperwork mistake stopped that. If SAF was thinking like those posters Keane probably has never ever played for us. Fortunately he wasn't.

For me those guys are a bit like the guys who see a beautiful girl and fall for her. But she fancies another guy let's forget about her and find another one. They have no gut. Me I'll fight to my death to win her over as long as I feel she's worth it.

Last edited:

prateik

For the posters who keep saying this guy is set for Madrid let's forget about him and buy someone else?

Keane was about to sign for Blackburn, only a paperwork mistake stopped that. If SAF was thinking like those posters Keane probably has never ever played for us. Fortunately he wasn't.
Keane preferred a United move.. He was going to Blackburn because they were the only one who bid for him.. He said it in his autobiography.. he was getting less money at United but he wanted the move.
This isnt the same situation.

Strelok

Keane preferred a United move.. He was going to Blackburn because they were the only one who bid for him.. He said it in his autobiography.. he was getting less money at United but he wanted the move.
This isnt the same situation.
If so I've used the wrong example.

But there are many cases in football that a player signed for a club he didn't fancy at first then still went on to perform and even became a legend there.

It's not like every player get to play for their favourite team. Rather the opposite. Ole was a Liverpool fan for example.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
If so I've used the wrong example.

But there are many cases in football that a player signed for a club he didn't fancy at first then still went on to perform and even became a legend there.

It's not like every player get to play for their favourite team. Rather the opposite. Ole was a Liverpool fan for example.
Im pretty sure Ole never came
Out and said that his dream was to to play for them though.

Different times and player power has increased incredibly

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The player and his family are from Angola, and people from there are generally big fans of the Spanish big two. But that doesn't mean he will definitely sign for Madrid because the English top flight is very very attractive right now.

red thru&thru

The logic, I think, is that he doesn't want to come to us preferring a move to Spain. That seems to be the rumour mill, and I reckon if Real showed any interest he'd be there in a shot. However we know Real are basically potless at the moment so can't afford him this year.

However Rennes have said that he won't leave on a free, and it seems that Camavinga is respectful of the club, maybe he would consider a move to United to help out Rennes if Real make no approach. If he does that is he going to be the supreme professional who gives his all for us, or will he be in the headlines every few months talking about dream moves.

And this is the main point...no one knows. I read posts on here so against Camavinga and they have no idea on the situation. They have formed an idea about the player, without even giving him a chance.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
For the posters who keep saying this guy is set for Madrid let's forget about him and buy someone else?

Keane was about to sign for Blackburn, only a paperwork mistake stopped that. If SAF was thinking like those posters Keane probably has never ever played for us. Fortunately he wasn't.
I get your point but there’s a big difference between a player from these nations having second thoughts and a player from Central Europe or further afield. They grow up thinking Barca and RM are the go-to places

with this one I’d set a time deadline to see if he’s interested, if not we have time to move on

RUCK4444

Makes me laugh a little when you get a player like this who hasn't don’t anything of real note yet talking up his preferred destination being Madrid.

If people didn’t like Pogba then I reckon they will despise this kid. At least Pogba talked about Madrid when he had won something.

I’ve been excited to see Camavinga develop but if he’s this outspoken about other clubs already perhaps it’s better we concentrate on players with their feet on the ground and who want to be here.

worldinmotion66

If he's that respectful to Rennes, why wouldn't he be that respectful to United? Many foreign players fall in love with the club once they are here.

Also, do we know where the whole Real Madrid thing has come from? Perhaps it was a very innocent answer to a leading question? Or is it just from one journo saying so?

Can7onA

He will be one of those that has always wanted to play in the PL when it goes tits up in Spain.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Makes me laugh a little when you get a player like this who hasn't don’t anything of real note yet talking up his preferred destination being Madrid.

If people didn’t like Pogba then I reckon they will despise this kid. At least Pogba talked about Madrid when he had won something.

I’ve been excited to see Camavinga develop but if he’s this outspoken about other clubs already perhaps it’s better we concentrate on players with their feet on the ground and who want to be here.
When has Camavinga talked about his preferred destination?

RUCK4444

When has Camavinga talked about his preferred destination?
By all accounts he’s made it clear he wants to move to Madrid via his agent and however else.

It’s not what you want to hear, particularly when the player still needs work to become a top level player.

JPRouve

Scout
By all accounts he’s made it clear he wants to move to Madrid via his agent and however else.

It’s not what you want to hear, particularly when the player still needs work to become a top level player.
Camavinga hasn't said a thing, nor his agent and reports are contradicatory. It's pretty clear that Real Madrid and PSG are feeding the press with things that suit them, the former claiming that he only wants Madrid and the latter claiming that he wants to stay in France.

RUCK4444

Camavinga hasn't said a thing, nor his agent and reports are contradicatory. It's pretty clear that Real Madrid and PSG are feeding the press with things that suit them, the former claiming that he only wants Madrid and the latter claiming that he wants to stay in France.
Well I hope that’s the case, my understanding was that he had made it clear through his agents that he sees himself ultimately at Madrid.

You would think that would come from only one source and if it didn’t then it would be put to bed by his agent if it weren’t the case.

JPRouve

Scout
Well I hope that’s the case, my understanding was that he had made it clear through his agents that he sees himself ultimately at Madrid.

You would think that would come from only one source and if it didn’t then it would be put to bed by his agent if it weren’t the case.
No one has made anything clear, the press is just talking and saying everything and its opposite. His agent has no interest putting anything to bed particularly when there are several narratives doing the round, it would be an exercise in futility.

RUCK4444

No one has made anything clear, the press is just talking and saying everything and its opposite. His agent has no interest putting anything to bed particularly when there are several narratives doing the round, it would be an exercise in futility.
Ok let’s see how this pans out. Personally if I’m his agent I wouldn’t be happy with clubs thinking he wants Madrid, stifles interest.

I like the player, very talented.

JPRouve

Scout
Ok let’s see how this pans out. Personally if I’m his agent I wouldn’t be happy with clubs thinking he wants Madrid, stifles interest.

I like the player, very talented.
Clubs don't get their informations about players availability throught the press. If you were his agent, you would simply answer the phone when interested clubs contact you.

RUCK4444

Clubs don't get their informations about players availability throught the press. If you were his agent, you would simply answer the phone when interested clubs contact you.
Yeah that’s true. I guess I’m thinking it has something to do with nobody seemingly going in strong for him so far, like perhaps he’s waiting for Madrid.

They would be happy to get him on a free next season, they need to save cash.

red thru&thru

Exactly.

Pretty annoying people have a perception of a young lad who hasn't spoken a word himself, or his agent!

crossy1686

career ending
He's in for a very bad time if he's set on Spain. Madrid and Barca are in trouble, they need to sell before they buy. By the time he gets to one of them all the big names will have mostly left

croadyman

Now this signing will be the icing on the cake once Varane is done
Doesn't feel like this one hinges on Pogba but more a case of a potential opportunity at end of the window if PSG don't come in

choccy77

United are not signing him, would be nice to see this thread closed instead of another 85 pages of nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.