Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

SambaBoy

Yeah, that's true, but by no means a given. Would be the biggest gamble, potentially could pay off, but who knows if and when.
Sort of like what we did with Rio/Vidic and Jones/Smalling. We had the two best CB's at the time, but signed two young talented English CB's and most claimed we are sorted for the next 10-12 years as Jones and Smalling will just take over when Rio and Vidic decline. Doesn't always work out.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Tbh the 3 of them would potentially make a world class midfield 3 in future. Shows where the market is when you’d have to pay about £90m-£100m to secure the three of them as 16 year olds.
you’re getting Hannibal and one of the other 2 players for around the same cost as a di Maria. Young players who would have to stick with us for their whole career to get wages that someone like Sanchez is on. I know which represents better value to me personally. Give me world class potential any day. The market is totally crazy though. itll be really interesting to see which of these players kick on or drop off.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Indeed. This is the sort of game Real Madrid began playing a while ago when they stopped competing for the most expensive players. Remains to be seen how it will turn out. It’s probably a strategy better suited to teams without shorter term need, although even if it doesn’t work over 5 years or so, I’m sure a club can recoup a fair amount.
Yes, I was going to follow up with that. Our short team need is a bit greater that Real's. We're also more attached to our academy products and would have that more in our minds when purchasing players. My main point was I think it would be better to just choose one of them and focusing on some of the great talents we have in the club - Levitt, Garner, Gomes. I really like Puigmal, not that I think he will be anywhere near what Camavinga might be, but still.
Sort of like what we did with Rio/Vidic and Jones/Smalling. We had the two best CB's at the time, but signed two young talented English CB's and most claimed we are sorted for the next 10-12 years as Jones and Smalling will just take over when Rio and Vidic decline. Doesn't always work out.
Very good point, I think Camavinga is a bit better than those two were, but it's two very different positions.

freeurmind

weak willed
Really hope we go after him in the summer. Think he could be the answer to our problems in midfield.

Red_toad

Really hope we go after him in the summer. Think he could be the answer to our problems in midfield.
He's still a bit inexperienced, but as we have Matic, it'd be pretty simply easing him into the team. Just a shame Real are going to go all out for him.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Florentino Perez said they're not making any big signing so there's a room for a move there however Camavinga isn't supposed to leave this summer according to the clubs president I also haven't heard of the player expressing his desire to go elsewhere either

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Florentino Perez said they're not making any big signing so there's a room for a move there however Camavinga isn't supposed to leave this summer according to the clubs president I also haven't heard of the player expressing his desire to go elsewhere either
It’s not a case of us making a move when Madrid can’t. It’s a case of where he wants to play. He has his heart set on going to Spain.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Why the rush? He's 17 and developing very well in a competitive team that's giving him a solid role. He has as solid head on his shoulders though, so if he's willing to make the move, I have to believe he feels ready for it and has some assurances on his development.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Would be silly to move this year, they've just got into Europe and got a good project going on at Rennes.

Devil81

They've been burnt like this in the past, Renato Sanchez and he's dreadful.

But then again I suppose you got to take some risks to land a superstar.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
They've been burnt like this in the past, Renato Sanchez and he's dreadful.

But then again I suppose you got to take some risks to land a superstar.
Only if that risk involves finishing first or second each year

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Christian Falk will give this the 'true or not true' treatment later.

Nori-

If Football Manager is anything to go buy, I've bought this guy before and in 2/3 years he becomes one of the best in the world in his position.

izec

Would be quite a coup from Bayern. If he is as talented as they say, i would try everything to get him as well.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Should stay at Rennes for another season, especially considering the fact they will be playing Champions League football.

jesperjaap

Why the rush? He's 17 and developing very well in a competitive team that's giving him a solid role. He has as solid head on his shoulders though, so if he's willing to make the move, I have to believe he feels ready for it and has some assurances on his development.
Well its the chicken and the egg really isnt it. Maybe too soon for him, same time gets an injury or poor form next season and may never get the opportunity again to move to a big club.

I think if you are getting linked to clubs the size he is, you have to be interested at seeing what they have to offer

luke511

We should be all over this transfer, playing alongside Pogba would be enough to lure him surely..

jesperjaap

wouldnt get many games at bayern with kimmich there
PSG would be a better move for him
Very true, if I could sign one player this summer it would be Kimmich, how lucky have they been there replacing Lahm which seemed irreplacable at the time. They also have another 2/3 very good players can play there even if Martinez leaves

Same token, is PSG a better move though.....Veratti, Paredes, Gueye, Herrera.....they have more defensive midfielders than anyone it seems and the first two are also very good players.

Not even being biased, I think if he is too move, we are the perfect move for him. He is probably instantly the back up to Matic at worst, so competing with a player over 30 and with the schedule next season, guarantees he gets games and he would be part of a young squad which should helop him settle with the number of youngsters we have close to his age in the first team and as someone else mentions Pogba, Martial, Mjebri there is also a decent French contingent as well

Last edited:

jesperjaap

We should be all over this transfer, playing alongside Pogba would be enough to lure him surely..
Well I have read Mbappe and ZIdane as his idols, two of the other clubs involved....did also mention Ronaldo, give him the number 7 ;)

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If that recent bit is true, that Real may miss out because they're only prepared to do this next summer (a la Bayern and Havertz) we should one million percent be in for him now.

What Neville said the other day makes perfect sense. We're going to strengthen over the next couple of windows, but this is the opportunity to get most of things done - less competition (like a free run at Sancho) and slightly depressed prices.

Make it happen...

Chairman Steve

As a heads up of the back of tonight’s EL results where all four semi finalists are already in the Champions League for next season, therefore the CL spot for winning the EL has been passed down the coefficients ladder to Rennes, who were in the CL 3rd Qualifier Round and are now straight in the Group Stages.

So any approach for Camavinga this summer will be met with a more stronger Rennes hand than before.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
That is very true but my gut feeling is that he is waiting for Real to come in for him
arent they all! We definitely have our own selling points and could match any wages they could offer if we really believed in him. There’s also a totally open slot in his position in our team... I doubt Ole/the glazers would spend the money on him and I’m a pretty crap scout but this lad and tonali are nailed on to be important players in the DLP over the next few years.

SAFMUTD

Im surprised no team has go for him, we should do it. I only watch that game against PSG, but there's no way that game was a patch the kid is class and at 17 he will only get better. With no one else interested we should be able to take him for around 40M.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Im surprised no team has go for him, we should do it. I only watch that game against PSG, but there's no way that game was a patch the kid is class and at 17 he will only get better. With no one else interested we should be able to take him for around 40M.
That would be a coup at 40M, I think Rennes are bit more savvy than that and know they have an asset that's only going to appreciate over time IF they can tie him down with a contract extension since his runs out in 2022. He's so young, and being in the CL with Rennes is going to be great for his development.

Revan

Assumptionman
According to Whoscored, Camavinga has no mass. Maybe a photon. Possibly a gluon. Decent passing accuracy, though.

His wavelength is 0 though. Does this mean that his energy is infinite?

SAFMUTD

That would be a coup at 40M, I think Rennes are bit more savvy than that and know they have an asset that's only going to appreciate over time IF they can tie him down with a contract extension since his runs out in 2022. He's so young, and being in the CL with Rennes is going to be great for his development.
That will depend on how good or bad Rennes finances are, they dont seem a powerfull club economicaly speaking and with all the rumors about Madrid being interested in him gone quiet we may have a chance. 40M for a 17 year old is a lot of money still, the risk is there for him to flop next season and his value will drop dramatically. I remember Renato Sanches for example, so maybe Rennes will be interested on cashing out right now.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

I'm just disappointed that Faitout only plays two positions.

Clermontois

Supports
France
As a heads up of the back of tonight’s EL results where all four semi finalists are already in the Champions League for next season, therefore the CL spot for winning the EL has been passed down the coefficients ladder to Rennes, who were in the CL 3rd Qualifier Round and are now straight in the Group Stages.

So any approach for Camavinga this summer will be met with a more stronger Rennes hand than before.
Not sure Rennes were ever willing to let him go as the owners are quite wealthy, don't need the funds and fired the last president when he tried to make a deal behind their backs for Camavinga.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
His wavelength is 0 though. Does this mean that his energy is infinite?
Well, we can see him. That contradicts your 0-length idea. So, probably no infinite energy here, sadly.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Think Ole has earmarked James Ghana and can’t see him pursuing a 17 year old DM.

Revan

Assumptionman
Well, we can see him. That contradicts your 0-length idea. So, probably no infinite energy here, sadly.
So why it is written 0 for his height? Are you saying to me that they might have made a mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.