Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

Some people never learn on here. After the Jadon Sancho saga, who has the energy to invest their time and emotions in this unlikely business by United?

United are not ready to sign players of this profile now because we just don't have a recruitment team capable of operating at a level required to seal such deals.

What is undeniable though is that United's name will continue to be deliberately linked to this transfer in a bid to increase his price for Madrid or PSG.

This one is dead before it's even started.
You must be really stupid if you think we’ll learn our lesson.

Ive worked hard all my life to be a muppet and I have no intention of giving up now!

Sancho saga hurt, it hurt real deep, but I’ve been through rehab and I’m clean for 3 weeks now.

I’m ready to go again.....can’t wait for us to sign this kid!!

mav_9me

We are extremly well run when going for youth players.
Madrid wont be able to afford hin next year anyway.
He is not a youth player. He will go straight to the first xi.

If you're talking about talented youngsters, maybe I'm missing some one but other than Martial have we gotten anyone like that in the last decade?

HowYouDoin

Ive worked hard all my life to be a muppet and I have no intention of giving up now!

Sancho saga hurt, it hurt real deep, but I’ve been through rehab and I’m clean for 3 weeks now.

Happy Camavinga day!!!

Red_toad

They being the club. There were several leaks and briefs that came from the club. If you doubt that I think that's naive but I can't change your mind. They could easily have briefed that we didn't want him, couldn't get him, or were unlikely to get him, but that brief never came. Right until the last day it was being reported by several respected journalists that he was the priority and that we were trying.
So just ‘they‘ then, no names just behind closed doors briefings, based on hearsay About something ‘they’ said. Dortmund set a deadline, a fee and player his terms, club passed and moved on to other targets (evidenced by signing 2 right wingers) as deal was phenomenally expensive. Respected journalists kept click baiting fans with old news and they went in hook, line and sinker.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Absolutely 0 chance of signing this lad. Don’t do it to yourselves :wenger:

super super talent. we should have signed someone to take Matic’s place instead of giving a new deal. The United way these days. Mad contracts for players who have already obviously peaked elsewhere.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
So just ‘they‘ then, no names just behind closed doors briefings, based on hearsay About something ‘they’ said. Dortmund set a deadline, a fee and player his terms, club passed and moved on to other targets (evidenced by signing 2 right wingers) as deal was phenomenally expensive. Respected journalists kept click baiting fans with old news and they went in hook, line and sinker.
Haha! Okay then.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Some people never learn on here. After the Jadon Sancho saga, who has the energy to invest their time and emotions in this unlikely business by United?

United are not ready to sign players of this profile now because we just don't have a recruitment team capable of operating at a level required to seal such deals.

What is undeniable though is that United's name will continue to be deliberately linked to this transfer in a bid to increase his price for Madrid or PSG.

Did any of the more likely suitors sign Sancho instead? Or is your ‘some people never learn’ just based on the fact the club didn’t buy a player for 120m in the middle of a pandemic? Does it take i to consideration broken transfer records in recent times?

The clubs who you apparently have more faith in to sign Camavinga would likely have liked Sancho too, so you should take some learning from them not signing him either in that case. Or Real not signing VDB or Barcelona not signing Lautaro Martinez. Or Bayern not paying the asking for Hudson-Odoi. Etc. United’s expenditure this summer was no different from these other clubs, and we will compete to sign players like this again in the future, which is clear once hysteria is removed.

ColvaleGoa

How did we feck up royally? Where's he gonna go? No one was offering anything close to what we were willing to part with.
So you think Sancho on for next summer..? Like the Sancho saga didn't happen. Also no one is going to come in next season for Sancho , whereas we were the only one interested this summer?. We will revisit this thread for sure .

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Madrid have their sights on him - it's game over before it even begins. Don't get your hopes up at all.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
So you think Sancho on for next summer..? Like the Sancho saga didn't happen. Also no one is going to come in next season for Sancho , whereas we were the only one interested this summer?. We will revisit this thread for sure .
God knows what the state of affairs will be next summer. People say we were the only interested party this year but Romano just said that Real bid for him in September. People like to be sensationalist about the whole thing, but who knows, maybe we have an agreement with him already to join next summer. Wouldn't be surprised.

ReallyUSA

Until we become a fecking pillar in European football, hell ENGLISH football, the young players who have all the options in the world aren't going to come to MU.

wolvored

Somebody should call this Utd report and ask them what mechanics and where is the proof. Absolute bullshit

Stretender

Did any of the more likely suitors sign Sancho instead? Or is your ‘some people never learn’ just based on the fact the club didn’t buy a player for 120m in the middle of a pandemic? Does it take i to consideration broken transfer records in recent times?

The clubs who you apparently have more faith in to sign Camavinga would likely have liked Sancho too, so you should take some learning from them not signing him either in that case. Or Real not signing VDB or Barcelona not signing Lautaro Martinez. Or Bayern not paying the asking for Hudson-Odoi. Etc. United’s expenditure this summer was no different from these other clubs, and we will compete to sign players like this again in the future, which is clear once hysteria is removed.
I don't understand what you are saying but we are not signing Camavinga. Its what you would like us to do but it won't happen.

We didn't sign Sancho and more likely than not we are not going back to sign him again.

We will possibly sign a defensive midfielder next summer and that will be it. Contrary to your thinking, we don't have the money to be smashing transfer records. In case you didn't know we are losing more money than any other club from match day revenue due to covid and empty stadiums.

Carry on pal, wake me up when September comes.

Last edited:

sparx99

I don't understand what you are saying but we are not signing Camavinga. Its what you would like us to do but it won't happen.

We didn't sign Sancho and more likely than not we are not going back to sign him again.

We will possibly sign a defensive midfielder next summer and that will be it. Contrary to your thinking, we don't have the money to be smashing transfer records. In case you didn't know we are losing more money than any other club from match day revenue due to covid and empty stadiums.

Carry on pal, wake me up when September comes.
We lose more match day revenue because we have the biggest ground. The more important thing is that match day revenue makes up less of our total revenue than other teams. In other words it’s less important to Utd. To a club like Crystal Palace it’s going to be north of 50% of their revenue. For Utd that figure is going to be much lower because of our sponsorships and global marketing.

Highfather_24

Clubs who have competent people in charge of transfer will get him. That means we wont.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
After the summer window, I've lost faith is us being able to bag these mega talents to be honest.

bsCallout

Between him, Halland and Dayot, who would you choose?

We'd win the title with those three (on paper).

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Who is going to come in for him next season? No one has money and it's only going to get worse. You had half a season of attendance last season, at the very least and it was catastrophic. This time around, it's gonna be even worse.

A bid was submitted, they didn't accept it. It's not very complicated.

Robertd0803

Couldnt agree more.

cyberman

Until we become a fecking pillar in European football, hell ENGLISH football, the young players who have all the options in the world aren't going to come to MU.
All we do is sign wonderkids these days. This post isnt based in reality.

ReallyUSA

All we do is sign wonderkids these days. This post isnt based in reality.
That aren't proven on the higher level. Wonderkids that shine for the U19s and U21s is fine and dandy, but the young players that can have an immediate impact to the team have not come here. I hope they workout, but players that already established? I haven't seen it.

cyberman

That aren't proven on the higher level. Wonderkids that shine for the U19s and U21s is fine and dandy, but the young players that can have an immediate impact to the team have not come here. I hope they workout, but players that already established? I haven't seen it.
There are stupidly few of them and they rarely move anyway, plus we had Sancho wanting to come in any case.
The world of football has moved on, teams are going for these players just before they make a first team impact. We literally have one of the worlds brightest prospects in our academy after choosing us from every other club in Europe.
These youngsters have their choice of clubs around Europe because of their price and potential and and we get more than our fair share. Thats more of a barometer of our appeal than being asked to pony up 100m because so few can afford it.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
You need to be straight on these players when they first break through and the price and competition isn’t as big of a hurdle. Yes it’s more of gamble using a small sample size of professional games but that’s the market we need to be in if we want to compete with the best. How we didn’t end up signing De Ligt, D Sanchez, or Telemans after that EL run they were on. Anderlecht gave us a run for our money too. We were looking right at those players right before or during their breakout seasons. Same with Haland when he was leaving Norway. If he didn’t want to come you persuade him. Tell him you’ll play him a lot and you’ll make him the best striker in the world in 4 years. He’s always looked potentially top class and so suited to PL. The same with Upamecano, he was in the building but the contract wasn’t signed. those are the types of players we need to be getting in. Any of the big clubs could have went all in for Camavinga last year but everyone is just sitting around waiting for Real to take him now.

to be fair pellistri and Amad are these kinds of signings so I’m excited to see how they do for us.

Last edited:

RoyH1

and I have put in place the mechanism to take this with a pinch of salt.
The only way we're getting Camavinga is if we pay his agent a colossal fee. No way he chooses us over the likes of Juventus, Bayern or indeed a Zidane led Madrid.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Changed agent to Barnett - Bale's agent.

Can't see him coming to us, but I imagine Barnett and Florentino Perez don't have the best of relationships.

L1nk

Will go to one of Bayern, Barca, Juve or PSG I imagine

monosierra

You gotta consider the possibility that he might not want to join us at the moment.

MattofManchester

What's his best role and what are his strengths?

I saw him play well for France, but haven't seen much of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.