Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilRoshi

He's an 18 year old who's scared to leave his home country. We just need to make sure he has some friends in the Manchester. Hopefully the likes of Mejbri and Kambwala can step up.
Exactly why we signed up Juan Mata to a new deal.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I still think this one is going to get done. We are there with cash so Rennes will let us chat to the player. I’ve a feeling most other clubs are waiting to see whether he rejects us or not. I think we will turn his head.

Also as I said I’d be happy to sell him onto Madrid for 100 million in 5 years. if he’s done well enough to get that transfer then we’ve most likely won stuff. There will always be new players. Knowing who they are is the real skill.

If doesn’t come I’d go to Barca for one of their young stars.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I still think this one is going to get done. We are there with cash so Rennes will let us chat to the player. I’ve a feeling most other clubs are waiting to see whether he rejects us or not. I think we will turn his head.

Also as I said I’d be happy to sell him onto Madrid for 100 million in 5 years. if he’s done well enough to get that transfer then we’ve most likely won stuff. There will always be new players. Knowing who they are is the real skill.
This is my thinking too.

Red_toad

Seems there’s quite a few good young Ligue 1 midfielders going to be available this summer. Boubacar Kamara has been linked to us previously, who is more akin to Rice in terms of holding mid who can also drop into the back 4, will be available for under 20 million euros. Monaco could be tempted to sell Tchouameni (who I’d want United to sign most) could be tempted to sell for a bid around 40 million. Then theres Aouar who La Arse could be getting for under 25 million. Camavinga wasnt great last season, but he’s surely shown phenomenal potential previously. Hopefully United can pick up 1 or 2 of them this summer.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Who do we believe then? As Fabrizio has said repeatedly he'd love to come here, is he just being told to say that to drown out the potential truth that he would actually prefer PSG or Madrid?

A lot of unnecessary noise for an 18 year old who's not really achieved anything in the game yet

Womp

idiot

I'm never confident these players who drag us along as a back-up option will work out well.

wise_old_man

He's an 18 year old who's scared to leave his home country. We just need to make sure he has some friends in the Manchester. Hopefully the likes of Mejbri and Kambwala can step up.
This speaks badly about his character, I'm afraid. We need young, hungry players with a ruthless winning mentality. Look at Sancho who left England for Dortmund in order to play and get to stardom. That's the mentality we want. A scared, timid young player cannot succeed here.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
This speaks badly about his character, I'm afraid. We need young, hungry players with a ruthless winning mentality. Look at Sancho who left England for Dortmund in order to play and get to stardom. That's the mentality we want. A scared, timid young player cannot succeed here.
It's amazing how somebody using certain words can create an entire narrative about another person. 'Scared'. There's a huge difference between being scared to leave his country, and simply preferring to stay there if all else is equal. Sancho likely would have preferred to come to us when he left City, but City refused to sell him to us so he went to Dortmund. Not really any different to Camavinga supposedly preferring PSG (the key word there being 'supposedly').

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

I'm never confident these players who drag us along as a back-up option will work out well.
Ah nice, PSG holding all the cards whilst we hold our dicks in our hands. Good one.

Raven

He's a young man making the biggest decision of his life, I think it's fair that he's considering his options.

Tony247

Pretty sure Ole said united will approve transfers only for those who want to play for united. If we are second choice, and that is true, then forget him coming to united.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Getting the 'we didn't want him anyway' briefs out ;)

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
So this looks like it's going in the direction that was expected, to the point people didn't want to get sucked in in the first place, eh?

GoldanoGraham

If he isn’t that keen to come then we should be avoiding - he is only an 18 year old kid and if he isn’t really sure it will only end one way.

We need to be signing only players that really want to come. End of.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Pretty sure Ole said united will approve transfers only for those who want to play for united. If we are second choice, and that is true, then forget him coming to united.
That policy is BS. First of all; Real and Barca will always be no1 choice for nearly all players.
And look at City or Chelsea. You think that their players really really really wanted to play for them and only for them? If you want a player, you fight for him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
That policy is BS. First of all; Real and Barca will always be no1 choice for nearly all players.
And look at City or Chelsea. You think that their players really really really wanted to play for them and only for them? If you want a player, you fight for him.
You don’t want another lukaku Sanchez or Di Maria though either do you? We fought to keep DDG and look what happened. Sometimes it’s best to just say no. Talent might be there. If they aren’t sure it’ll show in their performances in the end

Last edited:

The United

Well, if the player does not want to come, then nothing much a club can do. Not sure why United fans are quick to jump on the club first whenever a transfer does not work out.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
You don’t want another lukaku Sanchez or Di Maria though either do you? We fought to keep DDG and look what happened. Sometimes it’s best to just say no. Talent might be there. If they aren’t sure it’ll show in their performances in the end
And how come that Lukaku and Di Maria playing well fòr their new clubs? That "player needs to want to come" is just an excuse and some kind of romantic view on football. Players go where there will be best for them. Some want money above all, some want trophies, some want nice weather etc....
If they come, they will not play like shit just because "they really really really didn't want to come". Again; look at City. Don't tell me that City players (especially those who signed 7,8 years ago) had a dream to play for mighty Manchester City.

Status
Not open for further replies.