EFL Trophy - Accrington vs Manchester United

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Would’ve been nice to watch 45 mins of this

Mickson

I'll be watching the whole game. I won't post much during the game, but I can give some player ratings and a few comments afterward if anyone's interested.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'll be watching the whole game. I won't post much during the game, but I can give some player ratings and a few comments afterward if anyone's interested.
Youd rather watch the reserves over the first team? never heard that before. Any reason?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Yes please

Mickson

Youd rather watch the reserves over the first team? never heard that before. Any reason?
I have to, I write for a fansite and therefore will be giving a detailed match report with player ratings and so on. I will have the other match on another screen though and probably rewatch the first half afterward. Hopefully, I can multi-task well enough!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I have to, I write for a fansite and therefore will be giving a detailed match report with player ratings and so on. I will have the other match on another screen though and probably rewatch the first half afterward. Hopefully, I can multi-task well enough!
Ah I see well that makes sense. Just sounded unusual but I thought maybe you had a relative playing or something.

Fingers crossed its a busy 2nd half instead for you :lol:

Mickson

Well, that was unnecessary. A shite pitch in heavy rain and a poor ref who didn't protect our players. Youth watchers know the drill.. But United dominated the game and managed to create a lot of chances. Accrington was really dangerous from set-pieces. Unfortunately, we gave them three goals. First Mengi dribbled out the ball for a corner - goal. The second he misplaced a header home and the attacker got first to the ball and could score. The third goal was a poor kick from Woolston and then a counter and goal. In the 85th minute. United was tactically naive and especially Woolston had a mare of poor decisions. Will Fish and Fernandez were good in defense. Attacking-wise, we were pretty good although wasteful. Hannibal man of the match for me. Tackling, dribbling, tenacity. Everything. He gave it all. Elanga was really good as well, and what a goal he scored. I hope you can find it online soon. Took the ball inside his own half and just glided past several players and nutmegged the last defender and finished well. I thought Hugill made a good cameo because puigmal went off injured in the last minutes of the first half. Pellistri scored a good goal but missed a sitter. He was good in general IMO, only getting better. As a whole, I think United didn't have their best game but still should've won and dominated possession.

Woolston 5 - Poor in the air, poor distribution. Made some decent saves.

Fernandez 7 - Very good with the ball. Defended with ease.
Fish 7 - Better than Mengi this season
Mengi 4 - Two poor mistakes. Needs to be better in the air.
Devine 5 - A bit meh. Very quite going forward.

Galbraith 6 - Keeps things ticking. Should've scored
Hannibal 8 - Tireless
Puigmal 5 - Didn't do much. Out early.

Pellistri - 7 Moments of brilliance, moments of poor things.
Shoretire 6 - Quite. Some good moments. But mostly anonymous.
Elanga 8 - Unstoppable on his day. Very good today and kept running at them.

Subs:

Hugill 6 - Good sub appearance. Unlucky not to score. Offers more than Shoretire as a 9, obviously.
Helm - didn't do much.

Bigsid

Given Hugills impact in games this season I'm unsure why he hasn't started this game.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Well, that was unnecessary. A shite pitch in heavy rain and a poor ref who didn't protect our players. Youth watchers know the drill.. But United dominated the game and managed to create a lot of chances. Accrington was really dangerous from set-pieces. Unfortunately, we gave them three goals. First Mengi dribbled out the ball for a corner - goal. The second he misplaced a header home and the attacker got first to the ball and could score. The third goal was a poor kick from Woolston and then a counter and goal. In the 85th minute. United was tactically naive and especially Woolston had a mare of poor decisions. Will Fish and Fernandez were good in defense. Attacking-wise, we were pretty good although wasteful. Hannibal man of the match for me. Tackling, dribbling, tenacity. Everything. He gave it all. Elanga was really good as well, and what a goal he scored. I hope you can find it online soon. Took the ball inside his own half and just glided past several players and nutmegged the last defender and finished well. I thought Hugill made a good cameo because puigmal went off injured in the last minutes of the first half. Pellistri scored a good goal but missed a sitter. He was good in general IMO, only getting better. As a whole, I think United didn't have their best game but still should've won and dominated possession.

Hannibal 8 - Tireless

Subs:

Hugill 6 - Good sub appearance. Unlucky not to score. Offers more than Shoretire as a 9, obviously.
Helm - didn't do much.
Thank you for the post.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Hannibal 8 - Tireless

Subs:

Helm - didn't do much.
Thanks for the summary mate, much appreciated.

Also good to hear Hannibal playing well again, hopefully he can keep it up because his profile of central midfielder is what we need at first team level.

Mickson

No problem guys. Just ask if you'd like to know anything. It's always small details, say we had a fit Mellor then I think we would have won, or just cut out our silly mistakes at the back. Good that Wood has realized that Fernandez can play right back. He's not really a bombing down the left flank-LB so he was very useful last night. Instead of using Neville/Bejger/Ercolani there.

Sea-Cow

Thanks for the summary mate, much appreciated.

Also good to hear Hannibal playing well again, hopefully he can keep it up because his profile of central midfielder is what we need at first team level.
Seconded

KevinJoh

Anyone know why Bishop is not in U23 as he is obviously not anywhere near to get a chance in the first team?

pascell

Thanks @Mickson we appreciate it!

Shame about the result but sounds like there was some promising performances to take away from it. Hopefully the more games they play together, the more they'll grow together. Its still early days for such a young u23 team but there's promising signs for sure.

Mickson

Anyone know why Bishop is not in U23 as he is obviously not anywhere near to get a chance in the first team?
I thought about that today actually! I agree. It's not like Paul Woolston is our future, frankly, I don't really know why he's playing so much. He was bought as cover? Much like El Fitouri.

Thanks @Mickson we appreciate it!

Shame about the result but sounds like there was some promising performances to take away from it. Hopefully the more games they play together, the more they'll grow together. Its still early days for such a young u23 team but there's promising signs for sure.
You're welcome. Yeah promising signs, although a little bit disappointed that we couldn't beat them. Probably should've been beaten in the next round anyway but important experience for the young squad.