EFL Trophy | Doncaster vs Manchester United

NWRed

Any early team news?

Hoping Greenwood, Gomes, Garner and Williams are involved against Chelsea so don't really want to see them play tonight.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Greenwood and Williams are probably not going to see youthteam football again in their careers

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Am expecting a fairly experienced side. Cannot see the likes of Gomes or Chong featuring against Chelsea, so expect them to play tonight. With the lack of cover, I would expect Williams, Garner and Greenwood to be on the bench tomorrow, meaning that they are unlikely to play.

DarkRed

Am expecting a fairly experienced side. Cannot see the likes of Gomes or Chong featuring against Chelsea, so expect them to play tonight. With the lack of cover, I would expect Williams, Garner and Greenwood to be on the bench tomorrow, meaning that they are unlikely to play.
Ole said that Williams and Garner will play vs Chelsea

MPTutd

They would be better off playing this game than not playing off the bench against Chelsea. This is still a far higher level of football that U23's. And in a proper ground with a decent ground.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
They would be better off playing this game than not playing off the bench against Chelsea. This is still a far higher level of football that U23's. And in a proper ground with a decent ground.
I'm inclined to agree. They'll learn a lot more playing 90 minutes against a full men's side than 15 minutes potentially off the bench against a Chelsea shadow side.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm going to take a guess that Greenwood will be with the first team, I think we'll take Garner and Williams too, particularly with how well Devine's been doing. Anyone think there might be a tiny chance Laird's with the first team too?
Any early team news?

Hoping Greenwood, Gomes, Garner and Williams are involved against Chelsea so don't really want to see them play tonight.
Gomes got an injury against Stoke so he might not be involved in either game.

Raw

when did he say that?
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/manchester-united-team-news-for-chelsea-in-the-carabao-cup
“For just 10, 15 minutes tonight Jimmy played as well,” Ole told reporters after bringing Garner on during the 3-1 win over Norwich City.

“I thought he was excellent, because he’s calmed us down when we wanted to see the game out.

“So we’ve not made a decision on who is going to play [at Chelsea] but you’ll probably see the two of them [Garner and Williams].”

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
ok cheers - missed that.

looking forward to see lots of the young lads over these 2 matches - agree that they are better off with a full game vs Doncaster rather than sit on the bench v Chelsea but needs must

Leonzo1

Can someone please explain to me what is this competition? Feel like I've missed something.

Adcuth

ok cheers - missed that.

looking forward to see lots of the young lads over these 2 matches - agree that they are better off with a full game vs Doncaster rather than sit on the bench v Chelsea but needs must
I think the likes of Williams, Greenwood, Garner and possibly Laird have earned starts vs Chelsea, or at the very least half an hour. Can't see Gomez getting a game so I'd play him vs Doncaster. Gives the U23's that extra bit of quality so hopefully both teams can progress.

lysglimt

Scout
Some familiar faces at Doncaster :
Reece James is there, don't know if he will start.
Paul Gerrard is GK coach - decent keeper in his Days
And they have a striker called Andy Kiwomya - who is the nephew of former Ipswich-striker Chris Kiwomya

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I think the likes of Williams, Greenwood, Garner and possibly Laird have earned starts vs Chelsea, or at the very least half an hour. Can't see Gomez getting a game so I'd play him vs Doncaster. Gives the U23's that extra bit of quality so hopefully both teams can progress.
Cant see Laird starting vs Chelsea and if they arent starting then I personally would play them tonight

mufc1445

The old Johnstone Paint Trophy. Only 11 miles to ground for me,nice to have short journey.

NWRed

I'm going to take a guess that Greenwood will be with the first team, I think we'll take Garner and Williams too, particularly with how well Devine's been doing. Anyone think there might be a tiny chance Laird's with the first team too?

Gomes got an injury against Stoke so he might not be involved in either game.
He said on twitter that it was just a precaution and nothing serious so I was thinking he'd be fine by now.

Adcuth

Laird, Chong and Greenwood starting. Gotta mean we're going with a strong team tomorrow

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Surprised to see Greenwood start - I would have rested both Martial and Rashford tomorrow

AltiUn

I can't believe Doncaster didn't score there. We look tidy in possession but I think it's asking a bit much for a win against these lot.

AltiUn

Need to stick our foot in these challenges, we're lacking any bite. We're a better team than we're showing so far, hopefully we'll grow into it. We just seem to have conceded the midfield battle before the game even started.

AltiUn

We've started to get a footing in this game, great bit of play between Greenwood and Chong.

Abhinav

Surprised to see Greenwood start - I would have rested both Martial and Rashford tomorrow
I think its a good runout for Greenwood against a proper opposition. Don’t think he is ready to start against the likes of Chelsea. Agreed about Rashford & Martial, but now at least one will start.