EFL Trophy: Tranmere vs Man Utd

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Have you given up on Gomes?
I just think it’s about time Redcafe realigned their hopes and expectations for him a bit more with the reality of the situation. This is nothing to do with any perceived amount of talent he may or may not have - but the reality is he has 6 months left here and barely gets a kick. It is far more likely, at this stage, that he has no future with us than he does. Hence me responding to a ‘how was Gomes tonight?’ question. It’s like, ‘we still doing that?’. We have some kids who look to be on the verge of the first team, and he doesn’t really look like one of them.

This is all aside from the fact that he hasn’t been that impressive when given chances of late anyway, but more a facing up to the situation. There’s no suggestion, with Ole looking for creativity in the market, that he’s featuring in the manager’s thoughts in any real significance. And he has 6 months left. Hoping he plays well for the kids to what end? He’ll make the next squad? Doesn’t look likely. After Pogba, he’s the most discussed player in the performance forum, and he’s hardly played (neither has Pogba for that matter!). Just think some should consider the possibility that everyone doesn’t hold him in the same regard.

Pearson

I just think it’s about time Redcafe realigned their hopes and expectations for him a bit more with the reality of the situation. This is nothing to do with any perceived amount of talent he may or may not have - but the reality is he has 6 months left here and barely gets a kick. It is far more likely, at this stage, that he has no future with us than he does. Hence me responding to a ‘how was Gomes tonight?’ question. It’s like, ‘we still doing that?’. We have some kids who look to be on the verge of the first team, and he doesn’t really look like one of them.

This is all aside from the fact that he hasn’t been that impressive when given chances of late anyway, but more a facing up to the situation. There’s no suggestion, with Ole looking for creativity in the market, that he’s featuring in the manager’s thoughts in any real significance. And he has 6 months left. Hoping he plays well for the kids to what end? He’ll make the next squad? Doesn’t look likely. After Pogba, he’s the most discussed player in the performance forum, and he’s hardly played (neither has Pogba for that matter!). Just think some should consider the possibility that everyone doesn’t hold him in the same regard.
The prospect of him not playing for United next season has been looming large this season. It is a reality check hard to stomach for many of us on this forum, given the hype surrounding him over last few years. Just hope he can turn around his fortune with United soon.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The prospect of him not playing for United next season has been looming large this season. It is a reality check hard to stomach for many of us on this forum, given the hype surrounding him over last few years. Just hope he can turn around his fortune with United soon.
He also needs to do a bit better when given the opportunity I feel. But I can’t see us Not strengthening the midfield over the next 6 months tbh, and he can’t get a look in even with this pathetic bunch.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

I agree it's not looking good currently for him and I can see him leaving to join another club for next season.

SteveW

I believe Gomes will come good but it will take time. He's a tiny little lad finding his way in the men's game. It might take a year or two. I'll be disappointed if he doesn't sign a new deal here.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Holy shit man, where have you come from? Must have been years since you last posted!
Hi, yeah it’s been a couple of years I guess. Have been going through some tough personal stuff so I had to take a timeout from here as well. And in hindsight it was probably a good decision as I doubt the mood in the forum would’ve cheered me up :lol:

Yagami

Good post resistant
I wish I could've watched this. Galbraith and Helm as a duo in midfield sounds alright!

@Maurice Setters Training only asked how he played. You don't need to go too in depth :lol: