EFL Trophy v Bradford City

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian

Mickson

Bradford City have announced that the game against United's U/21's will take place on Tuesday 21st September.

This clashes with the first team match against West Ham in the League Cup at Old Trafford.

So it won't be shown live on MUTV but this link provides details on a streaming service.

https://www.bradfordcityafc.com/news/2021/august/man-utd-u21s-papa-johns-trophy-date-confirmed/

Really frustrating when United do this.
Apparently, United and Bradford couldn't agree on a date so EFL decided (same against Lincoln).

Bertie Wooster

Darn, I didn't know this. I was looking forward to the CIty game.
It's some silly rule that PL2 (U23 games) can't be shown live if they take place at the same time as PL matches. So 2pm on a Saturday clashes with both the lunch time and 3pm games.

It happened the other week as well with the Leicester U23 game kicking off at 2pm on a Sunday and only being shown on MUTV later on in the evening. And is why the upcoming Arsenal game won't be shown at 1pm on a Saturday afternoon.

Mickson

The first team now plays on Wednesday against West Ham so this game will be shown live on MITV (it's in their schedule anyway). Hannibal is suspended and Mellor has gone on loan to Salford, that's the change from the last game where United lost against Lincoln. It's a must-win game but it will be tough without Hannibal. Hopefully, some other players are back.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The first team now plays on Wednesday against West Ham so this game will be shown live on MITV (it's in their schedule anyway). Hannibal is suspended and Mellor has gone on loan to Salford, that's the change from the last game where United lost against Lincoln. It's a must-win game but it will be tough without Hannibal. Hopefully, some other players are back.
I hope we see Hansen Aaroen come into the midfield for this one, if he's available. Bradford are in league 2 so I'm hoping our youngsters fare better against them.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Barely had a chance to watch the young lads this season so far, very much looking forward to this.

Thiagoal

Looks like 5 at the back. Probably a reaction to how overrun we were at the start of the last group game. Not sure McShane is still capable at this level- could be a car crash at the back again.

A shame Mejbri is still injured - or will he be called up for the firsts tomorrow? Great that Mainoo is given a chance after a great performance for the 18’s

Mickson

Looks like 5 at the back. Probably a reaction to how overrun we were at the start of the last group game. Not sure McShane is still capable at this level- could be a car crash at the back again.

A shame Mejbri is still injured - or will he be called up for the firsts tomorrow? Great that Mainoo is given a chance after a great performance for the 18’s
Hannibal is suspended. He was sent off against Lincoln.

Mickson

I've always liked Neil Wood but this seems like a bit of a tinkerman lineup. Fernandez as LB, who has been our best player this season is played in an unfamiliar position. And then Hardley as LB, who hasn't gone over the halfway line, and Wellens as some sort of RW who hasn't done anything and has played RB for two seasons. We have been really poor so far. Hopefully, he will change it soon.

lenny_1248

What a snoozefest.
Can they just stop fecking around and put Garnacho instead of McShane?

Nice piece of skill from Iqbal.

AltiUn

What a snoozefest.
Can they just stop fecking around and put Garnacho instead of McShane?
I quite like Garnacho but I’m not sure he’d make a good centre half.

GueRed

Iqbal with a little flick after decent play with Shoretire then shoots straight at keeper

AltiUn

Hoogewerf did so well there, bullied his man.

GueRed

Hugill tap-in after good work by Hoogewerf on the right wing

2-0 United

GueRed

fairplay to our fans,
been going at it since minute one.
full repertoire