Gaming eFootball (formerly PES)

Gasolin

As far as I know you can play with lots of clubs online, some licensed and some not.
How did you do? I clicked Authentic Match but it's only offline or some challenges... I am on PS4.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I downloaded this to give it a go...

Man it's a bit boring isn't it? I like realism but it feels slower than real life somehow!

The pitch feels massive.

Do you have to buy the game modes? Like Master league, etc? On the exhibition ("authentic team") mode, you can only play with a handful of teams - what's all that about? Do you have to unlock other teams?

FIFA 23 can't come soon enough. Sure it's a bit shit, but at least it looks and feels like a competent game.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Forced to turn to this due to fifa being literally broken.

It plays quite well buy its literally still a demo

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

Yeah, I find it really boring with just few teams to pick out from, and no master league.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Yeah, I find it really boring with just few teams to pick out from, and no master league.
There's a world cup mode on it now, which you can only play offline, for some reason. Its sort of fun but somehow even more lazy than the fifa version.

No idea why they don't just add some teams back in amd tack on a single player mode. The game itself is decent enough I'd happily pay for that and it'd surely cost them next to nothing in time and effort.

Also with it being Konami there's still some weird shit going on. Like the stadium announcer who is sometimes a polite American, and then all of a sudden is some very angry german man instead who announces things like "here come the lads" and "Surely our lads will turn it around, yeah they will...won't they?"

Who told them this is the sort of thing stadium announcers say?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

FIFA's gameplay is a college project. Gone wrong. It's absolutely atrocious. Out of desperation I tried it a few times this year and I believe it's the only game that actually makes me angry while I play it.

As for efootball from what I read with the latest update, it plays great. Although PES' gameplay even when it's not at its best is miles and miles better than FIFAs.

However it's inexcusable for them to have the game out for this long (is it 1 yeaes since efootball 2022? Not sure) with no offline modes and no master league - like you say a demo. All they do is tweak the game every few months and run these shitty online events.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Genuinely spent more time playing the arcade machine world cup mode on this than I've spent playing the full Fifa 23 game.

It's an actual fun single player game, without a single player mode. Meanwhile the online mode that the whole game is based around, absolutely sucks.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Started playing efootball 2023. few games last week, and then I got back to 2021. again, it's so much better game. Need to find a way to patch it to recent transfers.

Btw, there's some update for 2023. again, but no ML this time either.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Started playing efootball 2023. few games last week, and then I got back to 2021. again, it's so much better game. Need to find a way to patch it to recent transfers.

Btw, there's some update for 2023. again, but no ML this time either.
Very surprising ML still hasn’t dropped considering it’s already March. They haven’t kept to their timeline

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Cant download PES 2021 from the PS store it seems.Bugger.

There's numerous option files out there for both PC and PS4/PS5.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Very surprising ML still hasn’t dropped considering it’s already March. They haven’t kept to their timeline
They still haven't even given a time frame for adding it or adding other teams back in.

They could literally do it in a week if they wanted

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
So I download this a few hours ago and I've just recently dived into the game and , to my surprise, its actually pretty good. Sure there could still be elements added but this is alot, alot better than the previous iteration and it feels and plays like PES.

Also, it looks really nice.

AaronRedDevil

Feck it. I'm downloading it now. Fifa has gone to shite these past few months. Wanna play a game where the players actually move around and not run in a straight line.

dove

It's been delayed. Their timeline is a joke and keeps changing every other month. Master League and edit mode has been moved to "Future updates" which means it's gonna be in autumn at the very earliest because they have other minor stuff planed for spring and summer. But seeing how it goes, I wouldn't expect a master league until at least 2024, and even when it finally gets released, you can bet it's going to be as barebones as it can possibly be.

Oranges038

It's still shite, isn't it?
It's actually alright, I went back to playing it recently. To be honest you really have to go for full manual controls to feel like you are in control and actually playing the game, otherwise you are just pressing buttons.

Playing AI is a waste of time on anything under superstar level, it can be a bit boring, the one thing I will say is that even the AI varies how it plays from time to time. Not every team plays the same way, like peak Barca on top level, like it used to be, but you can still forget about scoring or getting a penalty and you will concede with the one shot they get on goal in the last minute.

I also like the way you can easily switch your in game formation between attack and defence. You can go from a 352 to 235 with one press of a button and revert back quickly, the choice of tactics is a bit limited but there's enough there to find a way that suits how you want to play.

Playing against other people whether online or in person is much better. Online divisions or dream team is ok, but it gets pretty tedious being up against pretty much the same group of 5 star players every game. I went up 3 or 4 divisions in one day with a team of half decent player, because you end up mostly playing against kids with stacked teams who just mash the sprint button and have no idea how to actually do anything else but run directly at goal. I think in about 30 games I've played about 2 or 3 people who actually did something different.

Overall, it's a good game, not great but still it's free and still much better than anything EA have put out.

Last edited:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Guys, what would you say was the best PES game between 16 & 21? I want to play one on the PS4. The only PES I had after the early ones was 2018 and I didn't like that one.

PES 16 to me looks like it has the best gameplay but the lack of stadiums and classic patches sour me on it. Overall, 2021 looks the best buy taking into account gameplay, stadiums and patches available for the PS4 but I just wondered if anyone here could give me their opinion since I know a lot of you have played each yearly release.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The series started getting decent again at 18 but I would go with 21 as the overall best preforming game of the series on the last gen (ps4).

Oranges038

Guys, what would you say was the best PES game between 16 & 21? I want to play one on the PS4. The only PES I had after the early ones was 2018 and I didn't like that one.

PES 16 to me looks like it has the best gameplay but the lack of stadiums and classic patches sour me on it. Overall, 2021 looks the best buy taking into account gameplay, stadiums and patches available for the PS4 but I just wondered if anyone here could give me their opinion since I know a lot of you have played each yearly release.
There's not much difference between any of them really.

16/17/18 are all decent and pretty much the same.

2021 is quite good, probably the pick of them and there should be some decent patches out there for them all to update to current kits and teams etc.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
I am still giving a go to 2023, but it's just shite compared to 2021. Even graphics are better in 2021, and players don't run like they have broken necks and backs.

I would pick 21, I wouldn't bother with earlier version because 21 is simply good enough.

Last edited:

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
21 was probably the most fun I've had in a football game in a decade when playing with mates. It was a solid game in itself but the occasional ridiculous elements made it incredibly fun.

Last edited:

GueRed

I played pes 2020 a bit, found that enjoyable.

2021 was alright pretty much the same game as 2020 only hardcore pesheads could notice the minor gameplay differences.

efootball is pants. good you're staying away from it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
PES’ gameplay is never really the issue as it will always be miles ahead of FIfA in that regard. But no master league means it’s a nothing game now for non multiplayer gamers like me

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
If you are on PC: Play "Football Life 2023"
If you are on PS4: Play PES 2021
If you are on PS5: Play PES 2021 or eFootball if you don't mind playing a game as alongside it being built.