Gaming eFootball (formerly PES)

The Firestarter

That crowd, all walking dead rejects :lol: Players mouths looking like from a different game genre :nervous:

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I enjoyed playing this online, like usual, angry internet mob is overreacting, it's not even close as bad as it is made out to be, especially on Steam.

I also found it strange when people made fun of how crowd looks, I literally never pay attention to the crowd on a football game.
Surely this post is not serious?

RedDevilRoshi

Downloaded this last night and within an hour it was already deleted from my storage. Just a complete awful game. Can’t believe they gave up PES for this… :rolleyes::houllier:

evil_geko

Surely this post is not serious?
Why? Because I am not following internet hate mob overreacting and calling this "worst game ever made"? I tried new FIFA, same shit, would rather play this than that EA bollocks again.

So I was in the middle of downloading this, but from what I've read on here and everywhere else, it seems like it could be a waste of my time even trying it. It's a real shame because this could have been something exciting and different. Apparently, driven shots aren't even available until November! :lol:

The feck were they thinking
They did put out Roadmap a while ago where it said this will be very barebone old Demo version and in November it's coming much more complete one.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Why? Because I am not following internet hate mob overreacting and calling this "worst game ever made"? I tried new FIFA, same shit, would rather play this than that EA bollocks again.

They did put out Roadmap awhile ago where it said this will be very barebone old Demo version and in November it's coming much more complete one.
They should have at least made that a little more public and maybe labelled this one a beta? There isn’t enough credit in the bank from Konami to get away with this and EA will eat up new gamers.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Downloaded this last night and within an hour it was already deleted from my storage. Just a complete awful game. Can’t believe they gave up PES for this… :rolleyes::houllier:
I played the opening match. Hated it. Thought I would try an online game. Couldn’t find a partner about 10 times. Then read the online backlash and have since deleted it

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Harry Maguire. :lol:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
They did put out Roadmap a while ago where it said this will be very barebone old Demo version and in November it's coming much more complete one.
Yeah, I did see all that. The thing is though, first impressions are going to be important, especially when you got the monster that is Fifa as your competition. Combine that with the fact that people are already skeptical about the whole thing, starting off on a big negative is not the way to go. It's all well and good saying we're going to deliver later in November, but will there be anybody there at that time.

As I said, I was interested in how they went about this because I think it's an interesting concept. But you can't come out the gates like this. Again, I haven't played it, but the reception has been really bad which they have acknowledged

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Some of the memes are hilarious.:lol:

dove

Considering it's from AAA dev, it's definitely one of the worst games ever made. The game in the current state is laughably bad and no wonder they made it free to play because who in their right mind would pay any money for that garbage? Everything about that game looks so amateurish it's ridiculous. They dumbed down the game completely and by doing so they broken it beyond repair (or it will take at least 1 more year to reach a playable state). FIFA is not great but it's incomparable with that eFootball shite.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
This is my thread of the year. Each pic has got a belly laugh out of me.

The Messi one is exquisite. :lol:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Big mistake taking FIFA on, it’s released today too

anyway played the last free demo version off it and gameplay was fun.
this was clearly going to be a very basic version then they’d patch the fook out off it
Still, it looks funny :lol:

golden_blunder

Staff
It's absolute dogshit. First impressions:
  • Graphics are appalling. Some of the cutscenes etc look passable, but the actual in-game graphics look like a fecking PS2 game. Looks worse than every single version they've made for 10+ years.
  • The ball has one speed when passing: Lingard in the last minute vs Young Boys. I'm all for slower pace and less arcade-style gameplay, but the ball is running in fecking treacle.
  • You can't press with more than one player anymore.
  • You can't instruct an off-the-ball player to run when you have it anymore.
  • They fecking removed advanced shooting (which I've used forever), so no more blasting the ball low, or trying to place one in the top corner - you're forced to just pick a general direction and press x like every other no mark.
  • When players come together, a car crash happens and you can't even guess who is going to 'win' and who is going to fly off in a random direction.
I've played every Pro Evo since the one with Pierluigi Collina on the cover (PES 3?). This is the worst it's ever been by miles and the first one I just won't be bothering with unless there are massive, massive changes. I can't understand why things you've been able to do forever and can separate good players from bad ones have simply been removed from the fecking game.

It really is like they've thought "Hey, we're making loads of money off the mobile game. Let's just replace the other versions with that". What the feck were they thinking?
Did you play the free 2021 version? It still has advanced shooting but you had to adjust settings

golden_blunder

Staff
The 2021 version on PC patched with all the stuff available is one off if not the best you’ll play. Honestly it’s like watching footie on the telly

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Did you play the free 2021 version? It still has advanced shooting but you had to adjust settings
Yeah, I've played every version for coming on 20 years now and have used advanced shooting on every version for the past few years.

My main interest is playing online and it's already difficult to find a game as it is (PC version, pretty high rating), so I was looking forward to cross-play with consoles (not fecking mobile phones), but now they've just murdered the whole game it's a massive kick in the arse and finding a game on the old version will only become rarer.

:lol:
Ah great, wheeling out the old Jesse/Bruno 'sorry for being shite' social media post. :drool:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Are you new to Konami? They’ll peddle this bullshit for awhile, then promise next release will address all the problems but will just create more.

PES died a meme and this is already on the way and it hasn’t even started yet

evil_geko

Are you new to Konami? They’ll peddle this bullshit for awhile, then promise next release will address all the problems but will just create more.

PES died a meme and this is already on the way and it hasn’t even started yet
That's the thing, there is no "next release", this is it, the game is GAAS, they can update it and upgrade it freely without being tied once a year for new builds.

I don't know, FIFA is constantly shit, I am glass full kinda of guy, I don't hate in advance, we shall see.

And no, I am far from new, playing Konami games from since 90s.