Gaming eFootball (formerly PES)

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool

Fingers crossed for this new build, knowing Konami though they will find a way to feck it up.

Oranges038

Fingers crossed for this new build, knowing Konami though they will find a way to feck it up.
I have been told it is is total crap by someone who like me has played PES for over 20 years at this stage.

Still going to try it mind, I've found in previous games that using full manual controls relieves some of the frustration encountered by the AI.

Edit: Played it for about 2 hours, it's utter crap. Appreciate that it was free, but I can see now why they did that, there's no way they could charge for that crap. Awful game, just utter shit, the worst new version if any football game I've ever played.

Last edited:

Holocene

I'm a lifelong Fifa player but I'm moving away since EA are so reluctant to upgrade Career mode. I don't play FUT given it's mostly pay to win and don't have the time to build a team.

I was initially hyped for the eFootball update but since that's been a disaster I'm looking for something else. I've heard PES21 with mods is decent.

Which mods are recommended? And do I just download the PES lite game and then buy the United Season 21 update?

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
I have been told it is is total crap by someone who like me has played PES for over 20 years at this stage.

Still going to try it mind, I've found in previous games that using full manual controls relieves some of the frustration encountered by the AI.

Edit: Played it for about 2 hours, it's utter crap. Appreciate that it was free, but I can see now why they did that, there's no way they could charge for that crap. Awful game, just utter shit, the worst new version if any football game I've ever played.
No not the game that just released, I played that too and I'm not playing it again till there's a substantial update. I'm on about the more recent build that some Pro Evo focused YouTubers got to play behind closed doors and were alot more positive about.

Spoony is alot more upbeat about the more complete version he played here;

Oranges038

No not the game that just released, I played that too and I'm not playing it again till there's a substantial update. I'm on about the more recent build that some Pro Evo focused YouTubers got to play behind closed doors and were alot more positive about.

Spoony is alot more upbeat about the more complete version he played here;

Ah, I'd expect it to be better than that.

I'll wait for the new build before touching it again.

On a side note, I'd like to see them remove the assisted controls, maybe if you go above a certain level online. I've played against people rated 900+ and its clear they use all the assisted controls. Would be nice to see some full manual online modes or leagues.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

On a side note, I'd like to see them remove the assisted controls, maybe if you go above a certain level online. I've played against people rated 900+ and its clear they use all the assisted controls. Would be nice to see some full manual online modes or leagues.
Person rated 900+ here and yep, I use PA1 and advanced shooting. :wenger: Though, to be fair I'm pretty sure 90% of the people I play are using PA2-3 and basic shooting.

It'd be great if it was possible to just queue as full manual vs full manual, but it'd probably have been impossible to find a game (at least on the PC version). Maybe if they can salvage some semblance of a game out of this new version, it'll be doable with the crossplay options.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

I'll play it when I get a PS5 in 2022, but really hope they improve it big time by then as FIFA just isn't for me. Till then I'll stick with the latest PES universe patched PES 2021.

Oranges038

Person rated 900+ here and yep, I use PA1 and advanced shooting. :wenger: Though, to be fair I'm pretty sure 90% of the people I play are using PA2-3 and basic shooting.

It'd be great if it was possible to just queue as full manual vs full manual, but it'd probably have been impossible to find a game (at least on the PC version). Maybe if they can salvage some semblance of a game out of this new version, it'll be doable with the crossplay options.
Thankfully I don't play online much. I found I was just playing against 5 star teams, (Bayern almost every game) - gegenpress, 4 up top, 4CBs, just mash the buttons, spam 1-2s through the middle and shoot.

I think using all the assisted controls just leaves it so you're not really putting any effort or thought into the game. Maybe some people like that.

I'd say take the leap and just switch to manual shooting, the quality shooting is just so much better, especially long shots and volleys. There's not that much difference in directing them, you will get used to it, aside from when you have a tap in that you send to the corner flag.

The difference is manual passing and pa1 is massive, but I prefer the manual as you have more freedom to make different passes. It takes more getting used to to, but for me it just makes the game more rewarding.

V.O.

Thankfully I don't play online much. I found I was just playing against 5 star teams, (Bayern almost every game) - gegenpress, 4 up top, 4CBs, just mash the buttons, spam 1-2s through the middle and shoot.

I think using all the assisted controls just leaves it so you're not really putting any effort or thought into the game. Maybe some people like that.

I'd say take the leap and just switch to manual shooting, the quality shooting is just so much better, especially long shots and volleys. There's not that much difference in directing them, you will get used to it, aside from when you have a tap in that you send to the corner flag.

The difference is manual passing and pa1 is massive, but I prefer the manual as you have more freedom to make different passes. It takes more getting used to to, but for me it just makes the game more rewarding.
I actually find that advanced shooting gives you more control and more options than manual, as with manual the shot power and height are still linked. With advanced shooting, you're able to finish in ways that players using basic (or even manual) just can't, like blasting the ball low and central from a tight angle, or (my go-to finish) a high power low controlled shot aimed to the far corner but fairly central to allow for the inaccuracy of the extra power that is damn near a guaranteed goal if you get the body position of your player right to curl it around the keeper.

I really hope the feckers put advanced shooting back in the 22 version after apparently removing it in the current build. :mad:

Manual passing I'd love to use if you could queue only against players using the same setting, but it's just too much of a handicap otherwise.

Oranges038

I actually find that advanced shooting gives you more control and more options than manual, as with manual the shot power and height are still linked. With advanced shooting, you're able to finish in ways that players using basic (or even manual) just can't, like blasting the ball low and central from a tight angle, or (my go-to finish) a high power low controlled shot aimed to the far corner but fairly central to allow for the inaccuracy of the extra power that is damn near a guaranteed goal if you get the body position of your player right to curl it around the keeper.

I really hope the feckers put advanced shooting back in the 22 version after apparently removing it in the current build. :mad:

Manual passing I'd love to use if you could queue only against players using the same setting, but it's just too much of a handicap otherwise.
I moved away from the advanced shooting because I kept hitting the woodwork, I've gotten used to it and don't think I could move back. I used to like the low shot they had when you could press a button (triangle maybe) to drive it low. I'd also like the post shot R1dink to come back rather than having to use the lob function to lift it over the keeper.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
How’s the AI in PES21? Is it difficult to beat without it going into super script mode?

I don’t play online and every time I’ve bought PES after the PS2, I end up mauling the AI as soon as my team start to get some cohesion.

I mean I still lose regularly on the PS2 versions :lol: but since then I’ve found the AI pretty easy to master.
Not sure tbh I always play against real people

GueRed

Think I'll give this a go a couple of patches down the line.

From what i've heard and bits i've seen so far its a fecking demo.. :nono:

Last edited:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I'll play it when I get a PS5 in 2022, but really hope they improve it big time by then as FIFA just isn't for me. Till then I'll stick with the latest PES universe patched PES 2021.
Is it good? You using it on PS4?

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
So the rumour is there will be a patch this month to fix bugs & gameplay issues then a bigger update in November to update the game to the newer, much better version that was played in the early preview's.

Brophs

The One and Only
So the rumour is there will be a patch this month to fix bugs & gameplay issues then a bigger update in November to update the game to the newer, much better version that was played in the early preview's.
PES: never not at it.

evil_geko

Yeah, it's not a rumor, that was known from even before this "Demo" version came out.

Kaos

I'm a long time PES player, put off by how awful this has looked at launch so I opted for FIFA this year. Instantly reminded why I hate FIFA so now I'm inevitably back here - have they fixed the game to the point its at least as serviceable as last years iteration?

Superden

im sticking with my with my pes2021 myclub, hopefully theres enough players out there as i get towards the goal of 1000 rating, currently 785. (i keep beating 850 players and then getting done over by 650 players)

V.O.

im sticking with my with my pes2021 myclub, hopefully theres enough players out there as i get towards the goal of 1000 rating, currently 785. (i keep beating 850 players and then getting done over by 650 players)
That's because the game is bent. I've beaten several people on the top 100 of the overall ladder, and I'll still lose the next game to a 400 rated numpty who doesn't know half of the controls because all of my players suddenly turn like oil tankers and won't respond to input. It's just designed to make you buy coins, unfortunately.

Withnail

Downloaded it there.

It's absolutely brutal. It wouldn't have been released if they were charging 60 a pop. I'll be checking this thread to see when they fix it.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
There's some 16gb update on PS, has anyone tried it yet?

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
I have tried it again, played two games and turned it off. I think this is the first PES(efootball or whatever) that I'll skip. It's just terrible.

evil_geko

Having tons of fun with the game and Season 1, in Division 5 atm, after the 1.0 patch gameplay improved a ton, patch was 26 gb, still not quite there, but it can only improve, even in this state I am having tons more fun than in FIFA. There is goal variety that FIFA can only dream of.

There is tons of moaning about how menus and player cards look, I couldn't care less, might be too old to care for that stuff, only gameplay matters for me.

kthanksbye

Having tons of fun with the game and Season 1, in Division 5 atm, after the 1.0 patch gameplay improved a ton, patch was 26 gb, still not quite there, but it can only improve, even in this state I am having tons more fun than in FIFA. There is goal variety that FIFA can only dream of.

There is tons of moaning about how menus and player cards look, I couldn't care less, might be too old to care for that stuff, only gameplay matters for me.
This is encouraging, my mates and I play PES 2021 10 hours every weekend, downloaded this and could barely play 2 games. I've been playing since winning 11.

Think they're trying to do with the game what Tancent did with PUBG, make it free to play then there's more money to be made from in-game purchases.

I'm going to try the patch and see what happens.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
This is encouraging, my mates and I play PES 2021 10 hours every weekend, downloaded this and could barely play 2 games. I've been playing since winning 11.

Think they're trying to do with the game what Tancent did with PUBG, make it free to play then there's more money to be made from in-game purchases.

I'm going to try the patch and see what happens.
This is why I haven't jumped in yet. It still doesn't have private lobbies/matches.

Last edited:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
You know there's a community out there still modding that game. I tried this about a month ago and it's pretty decent:

Interesting. Not sure I'd care for the new comms or chants. Looks like they've done a lot of work though. I remember I got a memory card off eBay with the fixed option file but I think it's been lost during life events and moves.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Agree, the chants are pretty bad. They shouldn't have bothered
The people that do these mods are complete lunatics though so it's kind of part of the complete package

infamous7

I never spend money on in game purchases.
After buying an add on mode like master league there better not be any more costs to play it.
I'll stick with pes21 otherwise