Gaming eFootball (formerly PES)

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Surprsingly good after the updates. Got a load of bonuses when logging in so my Dream Team so far is;

Mendy

Aarons
Timber
Benoit Badishile
Nuno Mendes

Beckham
Tchouameni
Camavinga

Adama
Oshimen
Saint Maximum

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Anyone actually playing this?

Been thinking about finally going to FIFA this year, still playing PES 2021.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Tried efootball 2023 after taking a break from 2022. It actually plays really well. Been giving the dream team a go and the matches have been a lot of fun. Only issue is how easy it seems to be build a super team. Nearly every team you face has Haaland upfront accompanied by the likes Neymar, Salah etc

Either way though, I'm not really into multi-player gaming. And the fact that this still doesn't have master league is nuts. Apparently coming in 2023. But I'll have to wait it out as my attempts at giving FIFA a go were infuriating. That game was appallingly bad for offline players.

amolbhatia50k

This is what happens when you compromise and caters for mobile
Correct. And when it's Konami we're talking about.

Still, I'll buy the add ons when ML comes out. On the pitch, its still a very good game. Night and day when switching between FIFA and this.

Ted Lasso

Correct. And when it's Konami we're talking about.

Still, I'll buy the add ons when ML comes out. On the pitch, its still a very good game. Night and day when switching between FIFA and this.
23 is quite good even in current form. The Efootball update felt so so underwhelming. I know it's free but I think I might rather play this last FIFA changing the sliders

amolbhatia50k

there's a 2023?
I'm still playing 2021 master league... just signed ibra, pepe and thiago silva regens
Nice! I've basically given up footy gaming after the efootball 2022 fiasco.

But quite enjoying 2023 here and there. But really need master league back. Online gaming is not my cuppa tea.

infamous7

Nice! I've basically given up footy gaming after the efootball 2022 fiasco.

But quite enjoying 2023 here and there. But really need master league back. Online gaming is not my cuppa tea.
yeah feck online no interest in it, but if 2023 has a master league then I'm in

my next purchase is a racing wheel though now after using my bros wheel and chair set up
might have to get back into gaming more than twice a month

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
eF23 has been fairly enjoyable for me so far.

It does take a lot to break out of a FIFA mindset and I do still think that touches can be a bit heavy and constantly sprinting/pressing isn't punished enough on the stamina meters.

All that said though, it is a much better game than FIFA. You always get the feeling that more things are possible when building up an attack.

Ladron de redcafe

I read some of these responses earlier today and decided to download it. I think that it's better than last year's iteration but I'm not sure what anyone is seeing.

The game play plays nothing like the old PES, does it? Every player looks lethargic, the control isn't tight, and touches are heavy. I don't know whether I'm being too harsh but compared to any PES game since PES 2013 (and exempting the disastrous first efootball release), this is pedestrian at best.

Ted Lasso

Oops. Meant FIFA 23. It is top notch and with sliders sincerely the best game of football you'll have for the next twelve months unless they screw it up monumentally prior to the full launch.

I hadn't touched FIFA for a number of years but switched for 22 because Efootball was an abject failure. 22 was actually decent and this year's version is a nice development from it. Miles better than the latest Efootball 23 patch . Its sad to see the legacy of PES desecrated in such fashion.

amolbhatia50k

Oops. Meant FIFA 23. It is top notch and with sliders sincerely the best game of football you'll have for the next twelve months unless they screw it up monumentally prior to the full launch.

I hadn't touched FIFA for a number of years but switched for 22 because Efootball was an abject failure. 22 was actually decent and this year's version is a nice development from it. Miles better than the latest Efootball 23 patch . Its sad to see the legacy of PES desecrated in such fashion.
Can't stand FIFA 22. I really tried to give it a shot due the efootball 22 fiasco but I've realised that I enjoyed the game more when I thinking about playing it rather than actually playing it. I don't know about online but the offline game is just... it's not football. It's some weird arcade bullshit that I can't deal with. I tried God knows how many sliders too

I've realised that for whatever faults there are with releases and what have you, if I'm going to play a footy game (it'd be nice if ML came for us offline players ) it will be efootball. As wad always the case with Pes previously, there's a certain weight to your actions that isn't there in Fifas floaty gameplay. I actually enjoy buildup play in efootball and beating a press is highly satisfying.

Ted Lasso

Can't stand FIFA 22. I really tried to give it a shot due the efootball 22 fiasco but I've realised that I enjoyed the game more when I thinking about playing it rather than actually playing it. I don't know about online but the offline game is just... it's not football. It's some weird arcade bullshit that I can't deal with. I tried God knows how many sliders too

I've realised that for whatever faults there are with releases and what have you, if I'm going to play a footy game (it'd be nice if ML came for us offline players ) it will be efootball. As wad always the case with Pes previously, there's a certain weight to your actions that isn't there in Fifas floaty gameplay. I actually enjoy buildup play in efootball and beating a press is highly satisfying.
I've always banged my head against the wall trying to play the cpu in FIFA. Stuck between two easy and then can't get the ball off their ping pong passing. Typically going from Prof to WC level. On Fifa22 I was enjoying it offline - but I only did a couple seasons with Forrest Green Rovers. The lower league teams play significantly better. unfortunately the rest of my time was online having gotten sucked into Ultimate Team which is soul crushing and always makes me hate online gaming. In general I find playing FIFA or even PES too addicting and taking time away from my true reason for gaming..so thankfully got pulled away by Elden Ring not too long after.

But played enough to get a beta code. 23 is definitely worth a try. If for no other reason than Efootball going the route they did.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I've always banged my head against the wall trying to play the cpu in FIFA. Stuck between two easy and then can't get the ball off their ping pong passing. Typically going from Prof to WC level. On Fifa22 I was enjoying it offline - but I only did a couple seasons with Forrest Green Rovers. The lower league teams play significantly better. unfortunately the rest of my time was online having gotten sucked into Ultimate Team which is soul crushing and always makes me hate online gaming. In general I find playing FIFA or even PES too addicting and taking time away from my true reason for gaming..so thankfully got pulled away by Elden Ring not too long after.

But played enough to get a beta code. 23 is definitely worth a try. If for no other reason than Efootball going the route they did.
It's always the way with fifa though, the beta and first release are always the best version of the game, and they slowly patch it to death and break the game. The first month of fifa is usually so, so, enjoyable, but it's downhill from there.

Ted Lasso

It's always the way with fifa though, the beta and first release are always the best version of the game, and they slowly patch it to death and break the game. The first month of fifa is usually so, so, enjoyable, but it's downhill from there.
Haha truth

noodlehair

"It's like..."

I tried fifa22 and its OK, but only once you spend ages messing round with the sliders...although to be fair it's a nice touch to have the option to do that. The cpu controlled teams are too generic though. You can tell they've put minimal effort into the single player mode.

And the career mode is impossible to keep interest in after the first season as it just gets silly.

It's not awful but not a patch on what it could be and nowhere near the good versions of PES (which imo are also let down badly by the lazy/scripted ai).

I agree on the efootball iterations. They're a mess to the point I'd have just gone back to updating 2021 again and releasing it either as a freebie or discount. It's hard to work out what Konami were trying to achieve.

MiceOnMeth

I tried fifa22 and its OK, but only once you spend ages messing round with the sliders...although to be fair it's a nice touch to have the option to do that. The cpu controlled teams are too generic though. You can tell they've put minimal effort into the single player mode.

And the career mode is impossible to keep interest in after the first season as it just gets silly.

It's not awful but not a patch on what it could be and nowhere near the good versions of PES (which imo are also let down badly by the lazy/scripted ai).

I agree on the efootball iterations. They're a mess to the point I'd have just gone back to updating 2021 again and releasing it either as a freebie or discount. It's hard to work out what Konami were trying to achieve.
I can't play fifa anymore since noticing the AI teams don't have any other programmed gameplan besides constantly attack. Doesn't matter if they're 5 nil up or 5 nil down they just keep attacking. They'll never pass it around at the back or go to the corner flag to waste time. Just constant attacking and it's so boring.

Ted Lasso

That's been on my mind... To go back to PES 21 season update or whatever it was. Haven't had as much fun since then. It has felt dirty to be playing FIFA after a decade w PES

I still can't wrap my head around the Efootball concept. Is mobile football gaming seriously a thing? PC to PS to Xbox cross play makes sense. But mobile seems so dastardly stupid.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
That's been on my mind... To go back to PES 21 season update or whatever it was. Haven't had as much fun since then. It has felt dirty to be playing FIFA after a decade w PES

I still can't wrap my head around the Efootball concept. Is mobile football gaming seriously a thing? PC to PS to Xbox cross play makes sense. But mobile seems so dastardly stupid.
It's Japan innit. Mobile gaming is huge over there

FIFA I find is still very fun with friends if you avoid 5 star teams. I play with a mate and we do knockout tournaments taking it in turns to play as the home and away team (I do the draw in advance). Been doing this since Fifa 09

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Tried efootball 2023 after taking a break from 2022. It actually plays really well. Been giving the dream team a go and the matches have been a lot of fun. Only issue is how easy it seems to be build a super team. Nearly every team you face has Haaland upfront accompanied by the likes Neymar, Salah etc

Either way though, I'm not really into multi-player gaming. And the fact that this still doesn't have master league is nuts. Apparently coming in 2023. But I'll have to wait it out as my attempts at giving FIFA a go were infuriating. That game was appallingly bad for offline players.
Yeah, literally day after my post there was 2023 update and I forgor to update my opinion on efootball :lol:

This 2023. version looks actually fun, I have just played few games and it looks really good.

Yeah, I was disappointed there was no master league since that's the only thing I play these days anyway, what's dream team all about? I hate online too.

Ted Lasso

It's Japan innit. Mobile gaming is huge over there

FIFA I find is still very fun with friends if you avoid 5 star teams. I play with a mate and we do knockout tournaments taking it in turns to play as the home and away team (I do the draw in advance). Been doing this since Fifa 09
Genuinely have no pulse on it. Mobile gaming as a whole I do know to be big but kinda surprised that sports games would be ..ive tried and just not liked the controls. Felt a chore vs something like GTA or Kotor (which was an amazing port) on mobile

PES 2021 is still the best game out there from a pure gameplay perspective. Absolutely nails the ball physics, especially if you turn the pass assists off. And a massive benefit of playing on PC is that the community's been keeping it up to date with some incredible patches, and they've even edited the gameplay to make it more realistic + get rid of the built-in AI cheating.

The online servers are gone now but it's still possible to play online on the PC. Happy to host a session if we have enough interest on here (all you'd need to join in is a controller and a decent wired Internet connection)

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Just played friendly game with Bayern vs Inter. The graphics on Allianz arena is excellent, grass looks great, I just can't wait for the full game, so far this looks really good for me. Players still react slow in some situations is my only problem so far, hopefully they fix that.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
It plays pretty well actually - albeit the passings a bit slow. Quite happy with it tbf, especially after last years calamity. Shame it looks like utter shit though and has no real game modes. Just the shell of the game we could have if it weren’t for those blasted Japanese teenagers and their infernal phones!

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It plays pretty well actually - albeit the passings a bit slow. Quite happy with it tbf, especially after last years calamity. Shame it looks like utter shit though and has no real game modes. Just the shell of the game we could have if it weren’t for those blasted Japanese teenagers and their infernal phones!
Yeah, I think it actually plays better than FIFA. I keep screwing up simple passes but I think that's my fault. A feature, not a bug. It definitely has that "much more satisfying to score a good goal" vibe that made PES consistently superior to FIFA back in the day.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Fifa 22 after PES 21, I swear every game I’ve played online ends 5-4 or at least a minimum of 6 goals a game. So easy to attack, near impossible to defend. Really hope they sort PES 22 soon.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Yeah, I think it actually plays better than FIFA. I keep screwing up simple passes but I think that's my fault. A feature, not a bug. It definitely has that "much more satisfying to score a good goal" vibe that made PES consistently superior to FIFA back in the day.
What game modes are available?

Is it still the same as last year where it's just 5 minute games against randomers online?

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I was counting on you Pogue :(

I'll give it a download and find out
Apparently Master League will be a DLC - Apparently! But right now it’s just that build your team shit that made FIFA into top trumps and individual games offline. Boooo

amolbhatia50k

Fifa 22 after PES 21, I swear every game I’ve played online ends 5-4 or at least a minimum of 6 goals a game. So easy to attack, near impossible to defend. Really hope they sort PES 22 soon.
Gosh I hate FIFA 22. Really gave it a chance (few times) out of sheet desperation but I think it's the only game that actually leaves me angry after I play. The floaty ball and player the physics, the dribbling, the way you have to do do the scanning defending without tackling. It's an utter mess of a game. Tried all sorts of slides (even efootball sliders!) but for my own sanity I've uninstalled it.

I'm willing to deal with shitty online gaming with efootball for now. Once ML comes then here we go.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Played few more games, and everything looks good, but I have noticed that keepers can be idiots. Hopefully they can sort it out. In one on one situation when you come out with triangle he keeps running straight instead of facing the shot.

Also I am not sure why they had to change the pressing support thing, X and square were great combination, but I am not sure if square does the job anymore.

amolbhatia50k

Played few more games, and everything looks good, but I have noticed that keepers can be idiots. Hopefully they can sort it out. In one on one situation when you come out with triangle he keeps running straight instead of facing the shot.

Also I am not sure why they had to change the pressing support thing, X and square were great combination, but I am not sure if square does the job anymore.
I think R1 is now team mate presssue and square is jostle. I agree square for pressure was much more convenient. Pressing X and R1 together is a chore.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I got Rafael Leao in the POTW special gift today. He has slotted straight in as LMF in my 3-Box-3-ish monstrosity. Good burst, great dribbling and at 188cm is always a back post crossing option against RB's (it's always feckin Trent).

Takes a lot to transfer over from FIFA mindset and get certain things like Sharp Touch down so it works and flows but when you do start to master it, even in its current state it is just miles better than FIFA.

amolbhatia50k

I got Rafael Leao in the POTW special gift today. He has slotted straight in as LMF in my 3-Box-3-ish monstrosity. Good burst, great dribbling and at 188cm is always a back post crossing option against RB's (it's always feckin Trent).

Takes a lot to transfer over from FIFA mindset and get certain things like Sharp Touch down so it works and flows but when you do start to master it, even in its current state it is just miles better than FIFA.
It takes a long time to earn gold coins right? I'm just getting GP whenever I do play but barely any gold coins needed for special players.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
It takes a long time to earn gold coins right? I'm just getting GP whenever I do play but barely any gold coins needed for special players.
Yeah, it is a slog, much better to go to efootballdb.com and build players through the builder on there then spend GP getting them and training them up to that spec.

Really useful tool, especially for finding bargains.

I got the Leao card after completing the offline/AI English League tournament/challenge today. You get a special gift of a.POTW card for doing so.

Gasolin

I don’t understand. Efootball 2023 is only the online without the ability to play with club teams? Not teams I have to create.

Did they completely remove that ability? I mean the ability to play with clubs online.

Last edited:

Woodzy

I don’t understand. Efootball 2023 is only the online without the ability to play with club teams? Not teams I have to create.

Did they completely remove that ability? I mean the ability to play with clubs online.
As far as I know you can play with lots of clubs online, some licensed and some not.