Gaming eFootball PES 2020 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Android, iOS)

lawliet354

Yep.
I thought it would be a major loss but with the custom editing it really isn't.
Its almost practically the same.

Konami didnt take full advantage of the CL/EL rights anyway,imo.
Unfortunately a lot of people will always think a little bit custom editing is a bother. Even though it's actually really simple and takes very little time with so many patches nowadays

Pes 2020 now has Bayern Munich + A.Arena.:D

One more major sponsor to be announced alongside United and Bayern.
Prediction: Juventus.

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

The demo is out today. McTominay is on the title screen.

I had a few games of it. It's very promising, but still needs a fair bit of tweaking I feel. The shooting feels a bit off, sometimes it feels very floaty and most long shots seem to either be off target or straight at the keeper. The AI seems to be able to accelerate way faster than your players can. Even when I've sprinted away I've usually been caught, while that's not the case the other way around. AI still relies an awful lot on give and go exploiting that thing where as soon as you take control of a defender he will run a few steps forward. Ref's are all over the place.

Other than that it was great. It's got even more of that anything can happen feel to it. Everything feels looser and more open to different outcomes and bounces of the ball. Suarez can bundle his way through seemingly out of control. Messi can react quickly with nutmegs. Players still feel very different to each other. The elegance of Pjanic reading the play and stepping in to take the ball away compared to Vidal charging around getting stuck in. Boca's keeper is hilariously awful, some of the shit he got up to was madness. Where as Ter Stegen saved most things without dropping them.

I'm still trying to get used to the new camera, it gets behind the play sometimes and makes you think there's been a freekick. It also makes shooting in the box a bit awkward to see. New finesse dribbling I haven't quite worked out yet, it's on the right stick but I dunno if you point it a certain direction or what. It makes the AI foul you a lot, they will come nowhere near you in the box though it seems. It hasn't helped me dribble past anyone yet though. Greenwood, Gomes, Chong and Garner are all in it, they are all around 66 overall.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I see the key new gameplay feature for this year is that they've changed the camera angle slightly.

Not sure that will compete with Fifa's innovative "we've slowed the gameplay down a little bit" approach.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
How have they decided to make the cameras match realistic and yet still not allowed you to see/save replays from the same angle!? It’s almost like they’re making it a deliberate point of pride to keep everything but the gameplay as rudimentarily antiquated as possible...

Thankfully the gameplay is great. By which I mean the shooting, crossing and heading are all a little bit better... whilst everything else is pretty much exactly the same.

8/10. Would bang

Also Scott McTominey on the loading screen is gloriously banter era.

Art Vandelay

I think the physics have improved too. It seems there's more things that can happen when the ball bounces around between two players. It's less scripted.

I'll be buying it. After putting a few hours into the demo I think it's an improvement on last year and last year was great. Probably the last one I'm buying until they upgrade to a new engine as it feels like maybe they've pushed this one as far as they can.

vanthaman

Winner
I love how they've finally realised that no one can copyright place names so English teams have their city/Town etc in it now instead of man blue etc..

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Really like it! Gonna try and tweak the camera a bit, some guy on you tube has a great video showing off a better angle.

Feel like there’s a little more physicality.

Enjoying trying to break down defences. Will buy the full version.

Ainu

I'm not convinced. On the ball it feels great but defending doesn't really seem to work for me. I get that pressing shouldn't result in perfect tackles, but it seems my players often prefer to dance around the ball even when it's right there between their feet. I also ran into a few occasions where players just didn't seem aware of a loose ball that they easily should've gotten to but simply didn't react to at all.

The reffing seems broken, I can't put it any other way. Despite the demo matches being extremely short, I encountered up to 3-4 fouls given for complete non-events per match. One time I got a free-kick because my player won a header by jumping ever so slightly into another player's back. It was as clean an aerial duel as you'll ever see and yet somehow a foul was given in my advantage just because I headed it straight to an opposition player. It's happened on clean tackles as well.

I probably need to play a lot more matches but I'm not impressed so far.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Really like it! Gonna try and tweak the camera a bit, some guy on you tube has a great video showing off a better angle.

Feel like there’s a little more physicality.

Enjoying trying to break down defences. Will buy the full version.
Stadium cam with 2 Zoom 5 elevation and 9 angle is working well for me. I found the Broadcast cam to be a bit too close to the action sometimes

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Despite the demo matches being extremely short, I encountered up to 3-4 fouls given for complete non-events per match. One time I got a free-kick because my player won a header by jumping ever so slightly into another player's back. It was as clean an aerial duel as you'll ever see and yet somehow a foul was given in my advantage just because I headed it straight to an opposition player. It's happened on clean tackles as well.
This actually sounds more realistic. Just need to incorporate the occasional random sending off for no reason and baffling penalty call, then stick Howard Webb on the cover next to Messi.

Art Vandelay

This actually sounds more realistic. Just need to incorporate the occasional random sending off for no reason and baffling penalty call, then stick Howard Webb on the cover next to Messi.
Baffling penalty calls are in. I had Smalling foul a striker in the box and got a freekick for it instead of them getting a penalty. The replay was mind boggling.

siw2007

Downloaded the demo yesterday and was very impressed. The gameplay was really refreshing to play. Pre ordered

lawliet354

I feel the collision animation has really improved, it feels a lot more natural. Still need to get used to the stadium camera, but so far I'm really happy and will certainly buy the game.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Have to say I enjoyed playing the demo, but in terms of realism it feels more like a big step back then forwards. All of the problems are still there. The robotic movement, weird shooting, etc. But also a whole load of new ones.

That video actually highlights a lot of it to me. Not one goal or clip in there that looks anything like an actual football game. Teams don't attack with 4 players at a time and leave every one else spread out over the pitch like a game of subuteo. Every time two players run into each other they both stop for half a second then the player with the ball just carries on....seems almost like a programming glitch. The way everything moves looks awkward and wrong. There doesn't seem to be midfields or any game pattern.

It just plays like a slow arcade game to be honest.

Kearnkoff69

I like the demo, but can't help but fear for the inevitable changes for the full release that make the full version feel watered down and disappointing. They get me every year like that. I'll wait for reviews after it comes out before I commit my money, but so far signs are promising.

Art Vandelay

I like the demo, but can't help but fear for the inevitable changes for the full release that make the full version feel watered down and disappointing. They get me every year like that. I'll wait for reviews after it comes out before I commit my money, but so far signs are promising.
I'm usually the other way around, I find the full game better than the demo. But I'm loving the demo this year, so prepared to be disappointed.

It's annoying me that the teams are by default set to leave their centrebacks back for corners. You'd think they would have sorted that by now. Also it might be my imagination, but tiredness seems to affect players more now, but only my players and not the AI.

Kearnkoff69

I'm usually the other way around, I find the full game better than the demo. But I'm loving the demo this year, so prepared to be disappointed.

It's annoying me that the teams are by default set to leave their centrebacks back for corners. You'd think they would have sorted that by now. Also it might be my imagination, but tiredness seems to affect players more now, but only my players and not the AI.
It definitely seems that way to me. I hope they fix that, or allow us to adjust sliders so there's more of a balance in that regard. I hate when sports games think that ramping up the difficulty means handicapping the user controlled team, rather than by improving AI.

Art Vandelay

For the last few years after international breaks your players are knackered, but it doesn't affect them too majorly. You can rotate, but the AI doesn't and just plays the tired players with no ill effects. If tiredness does cause more issues this year then the weeks after internationals are going to be a joke if it's not affecting the AI too. I've had my fullbacks barely be able to turn and run after wingers in the demo.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
This new dribbling system has alot of potential, using a the two analog sticks with a well timed burst of speed can make for some great mazy runs.

I haven't really done anything with it that resulted in a great assist or goal but every now and then you just jink & glide past a few players to get a glimpse of how good it could be once you get to grips with it.

Hoof the ball

I managed to pull off a perfect Barca goal in my first game. Messi on the right, pass inside to Rakitic, who returned the ball to Messi running infield. Messi looks up and sees Alba running against the full back and plays a ball right into his path. Squares it for Suarez.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
2 things they need to correct.
1) Headers are fecking terrible
2) Keepers take ages to kick it, no way to play a fast counter when the goal catches the ball.

lawliet354

2 things they need to correct.
1) Headers are fecking terrible
2) Keepers take ages to kick it, no way to play a fast counter when the goal catches the ball.
Agree so much, I was going crazy that the GK took sooo much time on the ball and ruined every counter attack chance I had.

Art Vandelay

This new dribbling system has alot of potential, using a the two analog sticks with a well timed burst of speed can make for some great mazy runs.

I haven't really done anything with it that resulted in a great assist or goal but every now and then you just jink & glide past a few players to get a glimpse of how good it could be once you get to grips with it.
How exactly are you using it? At first I was holding the right stick which seemed to be doing something, but the instructions say you've to tap it in directions. Doing that just feels like the skill stick that's always been there. I scored a cracker with a Flamengo player doing a few tricks on the wing to get past two defenders then a deflected shot, it all looked and felt buttery smooth, but not massively different from the old skill stick.

They do this weird thing like they are running to punt it, stop dead and then kick it. All momentum is killed
Not just that, but they take so long to get up from the ground too even when you're a goal down in the 89th minute they lay there wasting time in no hurry to get it forward.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
How exactly are you using it? At first I was holding the right stick which seemed to be doing something, but the instructions say you've to tap it in directions. Doing that just feels like the skill stick that's always been there. I scored a cracker with a Flamengo player doing a few tricks on the wing to get past two defenders then a deflected shot, it all looked and felt buttery smooth, but not massively different from the old skill stick.
Its really a bit of a mixture, say im sprinting towards the goal full pace from the wing using R1 held in & standard left analog for direction and a defender is coming towards to close me down, ill let go of both and immediately hold the right analog for about 1 second to shift direction left or right, then get right back into the left analog and R1 to sprint in any direction, the player does a bit of a shimmy and burst of pace to get by either side of the oncoming defender. Try to experiment and play about with it too. Once with Arturo Vidal I sort of combined two of these sprint-shift sprint motions back to back changing directions and he jinked past one defender, changed direction and weaved past another and burst away towards goal in a way id never seen in a football videogame before, it looked so lifelike.

When out on the touchline is when id use the L Analog for longer close dribbles to lure defenders in and the usually if im closing in on goal in the box ill try some of the standard 'trick flicks' with both the analogs.

I found a video here where the guy explains a little better about what im waffling on about...