Gaming eFootball PES 2020 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Android, iOS)

Art Vandelay

Its really a bit of a mixture, say im sprinting towards the goal full pace from the wing using R1 held in & standard left analog for direction and a defender is coming towards to close me down, ill let go of both and immediately hold the right analog for about 1 second to shift direction left or right, then get right back into the left analog and R1 to sprint in any direction, the player does a bit of a shimmy and burst of pace to get by either side of the oncoming defender. Try to experiment and play about with it too. Once with Arturo Vidal I sort of combined two of these sprint-shift sprint motions back to back changing directions and he jinked past one defender, changed direction and weaved past another and burst away towards goal in a way id never seen in a football videogame before, it looked so lifelike.

When out on the touchline is when id use the L Analog for longer close dribbles to lure defenders in and the usually if im closing in on goal in the box ill try some of the standard 'trick flicks' with both the analogs.

I found a video here where the guy explains a little better about what im waffling on about...

Damn it, now I'm going to have to play the demo again. I see what you mean, I think I was either holding it or combining it with the left stick so I was getting tricks instead. Letting go of L just seems unnatural, but I'll give it a go later.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I just downloaded a demo. So, to exit the game on PC, you have to enter settings first? Well done Konami!

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I played the demo yesterday and was surprised how much I enjoyed it! I didn't play either last year, but the few years before that I played FIFA. Granted, this is based off of just a few games, but it felt more organic and natural than FIFA, which I always felt seemed more repetitive - attacks seemed to follow a similar pattern and you often scored the same sort of goals. There was a lot of variety in the goals I scored over the matches I played, so am tempted to buy this game now.

I'm not interested in playing online too much - how is the SP league in this game?

SparkedIntoLife

Any word on whether the new Master League is overhauling the regen/newgen system? Not particularly fun or immersive having a 16 year old Andres Iniesta appear in Birmingham's youth team already rated 97.

Sterling Archer

Any word on whether the new Master League is overhauling the regen/newgen system? Not particularly fun or immersive having a 16 year old Andres Iniesta appear in Birmingham's youth team already rated 97.
I've never been that bothered by that. Partly because I hate generic faces and prefer the regens. Plus, in real life we're constantly comparing young players to those of days gone.

In any case, not sure what the status is.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Anyone feeling like they haven't been as motivated to buy any of the new FIFAs or PES games these last years because United s been shit? I know I care less about footie games bc of it :/

Art Vandelay

Anyone feeling like they haven't been as motivated to buy any of the new FIFAs or PES games these last years because United s been shit? I know I care less about footie games bc of it :/
I'm the opposite. I can fix things in PES and make us not shit any more. I can sell players and buy better ones. It's more fantasy than Dungeons and Dragons at this point.

Redplane

I'm the opposite. I can fix things in PES and make us not shit any more. I can sell players and buy better ones. It's more fantasy than Dungeons and Dragons at this point.
Haha yes that's a good way of looking at it. Perhaps I should try it this year. At the very least I ll probably get more enjoyment from watching us play on the computer than on the telly.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Can't wait to play master league on PES 2020.

I'm thinking of going for two concurrent saves.

One where I obviously try to revive Manchester United.

In the other, I'm thinking of going for a mid table/bottom half La Liga club. Any suggestions? Was thinking of going to Deportivo or Espanyol as their kits are decent.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool

Looking forward to Master League again, played mostly my club last year but think I'll give this a good go.

Renegade

The reason I have to keep restarting Master League after a few seasons. Absolutely hate the regen.

Surely they can have retired players have default/made up names when they regenerate. I wouldn’t be bothered if Ronaldo came back with a Pro evo type name like ‘Reneldi’ or something with lower stats. Even if he had the same face etc

Shark

@NotShark
Yeah I’m the same, when the team you love and support turns to garbage it’s more difficult to stay as involved as before.

mad1max954

Other than a coupe of years when PES was dominant, I have been on Fifa and fut. I played the demo of this and really like how clever the passing is. I like that’s its slower and feels more ‘real’. I lost most games in fairness but it felt good.

I went back on Fifa, and I’m an average Fifa player and hover in Div 3 rivals but the game play is so broken it’s just a joke. Chipped volleys, first time shots (from more or less anywhere) crossing. Some people literally only do the same thing over and over until they score. Your forced to exploit the mechanics to compete And that just isn’t fun! Fifa is broken and EA just don’t care.

Long story short, I’m done with Fifa and im all in with pes this year. Been reading g about myclub, hope it’s like ultimate team as that’s the only thing that kept me on Fifa.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Still on the fence about whether I'll properly switch to PES. I just want to play a good career mode really.

Art Vandelay

I pre-ordered it tonight on the strength of the demo. Should be off on Tuesday too, so Monday night at 12am I'll get stuck in. I'm just hoping all these changes haven't fecked up the Master League.

Anyone else sad enough to create a version of themselves and stick it in the game? I've been doing it since I was a kid, it's like a less shit version of the career mode I suppose.

JP77

Other than a coupe of years when PES was dominant, I have been on Fifa and fut. I played the demo of this and really like how clever the passing is. I like that’s its slower and feels more ‘real’. I lost most games in fairness but it felt good.

I went back on Fifa, and I’m an average Fifa player and hover in Div 3 rivals but the game play is so broken it’s just a joke. Chipped volleys, first time shots (from more or less anywhere) crossing. Some people literally only do the same thing over and over until they score. Your forced to exploit the mechanics to compete And that just isn’t fun! Fifa is broken and EA just don’t care.

Long story short, I’m done with Fifa and im all in with pes this year. Been reading g about myclub, hope it’s like ultimate team as that’s the only thing that kept me on Fifa.
The issue is that you've been playing FIFA religiously so you notice all of the holes in the gameplay and the exploits that people online use. You'll likely experience the same once you start playing Pro more and more because there's plenty of people online that spam the same stuff such as finesse shot from certain angles or trying to exploit any holes there are in the gameplay.

Ultimately I think they both have their issues. You should definitely give myClub a go, was absolutely hooked on it at once stage.

Will be picking my copy up next week if I get chance or the week after when I'm off work if anybody fancies a few games.

RedMist99

Returning to Pro Evo for the first time since 2008. I played Fifa 09-16 but haven't touched it for the last few years. Garbage.

Really excited for the new PES though. Played a bit of 2019 over the last few months and its actually fun. Something Fifa hasn't been for years. Got my pre-order from Shopto so hoping for an early delivery.

Where is the best/easiest place to source the option files from?

thepolice123

Switched to PES last year and never regreted. The football was a breath of fresh air for me. The passing was silk, player movements and ball dynamics looks way more realistic than Fifa's arcade-style football. I played Myclub exclusively and managed to build a super team with just a few dollars, something that is impossible on FUT. They give out plenty of the top players.

Of course there were issues like the jersey, club logo, face packs, interface etc. I would urge players who are considering the switch to not have high expectations of them. Fifa is leagues above PES in terms of design and interface, however its crown jewel lies in its football. It brought me back to the early years of Winning Eleven when I had trememdous fun with them.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Returning to Pro Evo for the first time since 2008. I played Fifa 09-16 but haven't touched it for the last few years. Garbage.

Really excited for the new PES though. Played a bit of 2019 over the last few months and its actually fun. Something Fifa hasn't been for years. Got my pre-order from Shopto so hoping for an early delivery.

Where is the best/easiest place to source the option files from?
I tried pesuniverse once even paid for their USB to support them. Showed up weeks late and file didn't work.

Really good files online. I usually search on Reddit.

Speaking of Reddit, turns out there's a brick and mortar in NYC that has copies of the game on sale already...I do love supporting small business :)

Redplane

Switched to PES last year and never regreted. The football was a breath of fresh air for me. The passing was silk, player movements and ball dynamics looks way more realistic than Fifa's arcade-style football. I played Myclub exclusively and managed to build a super team with just a few dollars, something that is impossible on FUT. They give out plenty of the top players.

Of course there were issues like the jersey, club logo, face packs, interface etc. I would urge players who are considering the switch to not have high expectations of them. Fifa is leagues above PES in terms of design and interface, however its crown jewel lies in its football. It brought me back to the early years of Winning Eleven when I had trememdous fun with them.
That pretty much sums up my experience with PES and FIFA too. I have fun playing PES and every game feels different - kinda like in reality. FIFA just kinda feels like rinse and repeat. It just never really evolved from the days when it was truly a pinball game.

P. S. I also feel the player models and colors etc look more realistic bc I'm not a fan of the too vivid waxy look of FIFA but I can see why folks think that looks better. If there is one thing I'd really wish they d improve though (other than the obvious licenses) - it's the fecking commentary which seems to be the same just about every damn year in PES.

Art Vandelay

That pretty much sums up my experience with PES and FIFA too. I have fun playing PES and every game feels different - kinda like in reality. FIFA just kinda feels like rinse and repeat. It just never really evolved from the days when it was truly a pinball game.

P. S. I also feel the player models and colors etc look more realistic bc I'm not a fan of the too vivid waxy look of FIFA but I can see why folks think that looks better. If there is one thing I'd really wish they d improve though (other than the obvious licenses) - it's the fecking commentary which seems to be the same just about every damn year in PES.
"The keepers paid the ultimate price there."

Woodzy

Dispatched :D

So excited for this. Transfer update won’t be dropping for a week (sigh Konami) so think I’ll be starting a Master League with Milan to pass the time.

Don’t think lack of transfers will bother me so much if don’t know who anyone is!

Art Vandelay

Dispatched :D

So excited for this. Transfer update won’t be dropping for a week (sigh Konami) so think I’ll be starting a Master League with Milan to pass the time.

Don’t think lack of transfers will bother me so much if don’t know who anyone is!
A week after release? You'd think they could stick a couple of temps in for an afternoon to move the players around.

Woodzy

A week after release? You'd think they could stick a couple of temps in for an afternoon to move the players around.
I think it's a couple of days after official release but it's still not good enough. They do it every fecking year. I think in 2017 we had to wait until October.

Art Vandelay

I think it's a couple of days after official release but it's still not good enough. They do it every fecking year. I think in 2017 we had to wait until October.
It's an absurd scenario really. It's not like it's a patch that needs testing, it's literally moving players from team to team.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I thought they did a live update thing like Fifa now?

Don't remember transfer or team updates being a problem with the last one.

Art Vandelay

Yeah it is a live update, just not available until a couple of days after release.

I'm going to start my ML without it as I'll be playing as United so it will mostly be teams in other leagues affected. Already planning my signings, considering going for Bale for the right wing if they've removed Pavon from the game due to him moving to the MLS. I've a list of players to look at and a list of players I'm looking to get rid of. Hoping to bring in about 5 while moving on about 7 or 8 if I can.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Where we buying this lads?

Shopto have it for 35 I see. Been switching the camera about on it and decided that the weird diagonal camera feels too weird.

Love the pace in the game feels like a real footy match.

siw2007

Got my copy today. Am just playing with international teams at the moment until they update transfers.

Sterling Archer

Got my copy today. Am just playing with international teams at the moment until they update transfers.
That's it?! C'mon mate give us a good review!

How's it feel compared to the demo. Hope they haven't mucked itup.

RedMist99

Me and my mate have just played for about 12 hours. Really like the feel of it.

Gonna be so much better when transfers and option files are applied.