Gaming eFootball PES 2020 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Android, iOS)

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
For those who play the fifa ultimate team equivalent.... if you pack the same player 3 times you can trade them for ANYONE?

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
So... not much update on this thread. Does this mean the game only looks good on the honeymoon phase? Is it worth it for PC platform?
I'm enjoying it on the PC. Especially with the smoke patch installed but I only play offline. Last major gameplay patch fixed the majority of issues I had with it. Honestly the only thing that still bugs me after all these years is the God awful commentary - which a lot of times doesn't even seem to respond to critical moments on the pitch. Maybe I should try another language and pretend it is better.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
<<<<<<<<<<
Oh, I've always been on the dark side young Jedi...
*Darth Vader Breath*
Ops... my bad :lol:

I've been in the dark side on a PES 2007 tournament where you had to choose a team at competition start. Unfortunately I was one of the last persons to get in, so the last good team available was Liverpool. Got to 1/4s final loosing to bloody Chelsea (best team in the game at the time, par with Milan). Drogba was a beast on that edition.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I'm enjoying it on the PC. Especially with the smoke patch installed but I only play offline. Last major gameplay patch fixed the majority of issues I had with it. Honestly the only thing that still bugs me after all these years is the God awful commentary - which a lot of times doesn't even seem to respond to critical moments on the pitch. Maybe I should try another language and pretend it is better.
Thank you so much for the feedback. This is the info I was looking for, since online matches consume a lot of time and I will be more an offline player due to that.
Commentaries have been poor since the beggining of time, I'm starting to think they do it as a gag.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I'm still undecided on this. The AI is the biggest weak point. Often you can tell when the CPU is going to score before it does because the ball will take a few convenient bounces or deflections, or you'll press to do one thing and your players just does what the game has already decided they are going to. Also if you're a goal down late in a game it will suddenly become inexplicably impossible to get the ball out of your own half. The refs are infuriating...arguable whether this is unrealistic or not but it just feels like the cpu wins cheap freekicks a lot.

At other times though it's fantastic. Counter attacking when teams press you or are chasing the game is really satisfying. Also the way the dynamic changes from one game to the next. You can win one game on the break, and the next you'll have Burnley at home and they'll just it on the edge of their own box hoofing the ball, and making it next to impossible to get a clear chance. Different teams and even competitions have different feels to them, and a lot of the passing, movement etc. just looks like a real football game.

I haven't caved in to buying Fifa yet so it's doing something right.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool

Spoony saying here the latest update has brought in some pretty noticeable improvements to the com teams AI.

noodlehair

"It's like..."

Spoony saying here the latest update has brought in some pretty noticeable improvements to the com teams AI.
If it's the data pack from earlier this week I didn't notice any improvements.

The AI is pretty shocking tbh. I get tired pretty quickly with every single team just passing it endlessly around at the back so it's impossible to do anything.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
This game is actually broken.

Just been sacked in master league for winning the league and champions league :houllier::houllier:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Anyone still play the old PES games? I'm into my 18th season in PES 5

Yes. Not sure what season I’m into but I much prefer the AI on the older games. I actually feel challenged in the ML unlike the newer ones

United58

Yes. Not sure what season I’m into but I much prefer the AI on the older games. I actually feel challenged in the ML unlike the newer ones
A fellow person of culture :drool:

I was actually about 16 seasons into a Master League in PES 6 a couple of years ago but the game was too 'polished' and easy once you built a decent squad; I've moved back to PES 5 which is much harder and more rewarding for me.

I have a house rule of not signing very fast players like Ronaldo and Rooney (they're very overpowered in all video games) and in my current save I only sign United players, my starting XI is

Van Der Sar

Neville Stam Vidic Irwin

Scholes Beckham Keane Giggs

Sheringham Cole
Love free kicks in the old PES games

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I've realised that I want a difficulty between Superstar and Legend.

Also, the Jason Sancho to Chelsea make me want to sell him in ML. Feck me and my overly particular mind :lol:

Moonwalker

Is legend just not that big of a deal this year? I've just won four in a row on legend difficulty. I remember previously it was virtually impossible to do it.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!

I’ve just given my PS2 to a mate safe in the knowledge that my PES games are all fully edited and he can enjoy them.

Play the older games on PC now with a PS2 controller, Evo-web was my go to back in the day for patches, boots, kits, etc.

PES3 and PES5 are my two favourite footy games, followed by all the ISS Pro games, have them on a USB stick plugged into my PS Classic

United58

I’ve just given my PS2 to a mate safe in the knowledge that my PES games are all fully edited and he can enjoy them.

Play the older games on PC now with a PS2 controller, Evo-web was my go to back in the day for patches, boots, kits, etc.

PES3 and PES5 are my two favourite footy games, followed by all the ISS Pro games, have them on a USB stick plugged into my PS Classic
:drool: Absolutely love PES 5, really is a phenomenal game

NM

Liverpool is insanely overpowered. I was won 14 Drawn 1 going into face them, and they crushed me 3-0 despite being a man down. It was insane, couldn't get near them. It was almost a cheat code. I'm back to winning against everybody else.

Anybody had a game where it looked like the Computer had decided NOPE you are not going to win?

Woodzy

Liverpool is insanely overpowered. I was won 14 Drawn 1 going into face them, and they crushed me 3-0 despite being a man down. It was insane, couldn't get near them. It was almost a cheat code. I'm back to winning against everybody else.

Anybody had a game where it looked like the Computer had decided NOPE you are not going to win?
Were you playing as United? They are hard coded rivals and the AI aggressiveness increases when you play them.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Bought this on Christmas sales (60% price cut), but only tried it yesterday.

I am pleasantly surprised with the handling of the game: it's smooth and the player doesn't slide on ice at times. The team seems to be definitely disciplined keeping their positions.
I enjoy that is rather difficult to find space / dribble / whatever through the middle and the AI actually does a very good job closing on the middle.

The tactical depth lack is a bit of disappointment, as well as players robotic movement and the graphics are a bit disappointing, but nothing that can't be improved by installing a patch.

noodlehair

"It's like..."

Yep it definitely does this. Just has your -players pass the ball wide or over even if you play them in with an open goal, and usually doesn't let you attack in the first place by having players do completely different things to what you're pressing on your controller. Just really lazy AI and ruins the game quite a bit for me.

When you play Liverpool I think more you need to move the ball quicker as they are set as a rival and also play with high pressing tactics anyway. I've managed to beat them a few times, and I definitley don't win 14 out of 15 games. I play as United and they suck on this (not inaccurately)...I struggle to build up funds to really improve the team and don't want to start with an increased budget as I actually find the fact it's challenging makes it more fun (apart from the cheating AI). Managed to win the league in my 3rd season but it was a struggle.

I think generally the team ratings are about right. Actually quite impressed with some of the detail. You play Burnley for example and they just punt the ball up to Barnes.

Art Vandelay

Yeah, when the AI decides you're not winning then you're not winning. You can see it coming too when your players can't pass the ball out of your half. It's best to get a couple of fouls in then to slow down the momentum.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I am enjoying the game. I appreciate the fact that the defenders can keep a line and pace is not as overpowered as one would expect in a football title.

I finally found how to configure a game plan that has game plans for attacking / defending / etc. Still think individual instructions lack some depth, but it's probably because I didn't found the right menu yet (I took some time to find out that I could use different formations in the same game plan by activating an option).

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

How are you still playing it on windows 10? I tried winning eleven 7 and PES 6 but both won't run because people say my operating software in 64bit and the game is 32bit.

Would love to play those games again on my PC.

Or wait are you playing them on your old PS2? :D

United58

How are you still playing it on windows 10? I tried winning eleven 7 and PES 6 but both won't run because people say my operating software in 64bit and the game is 32bit.

Would love to play those games again on my PC.

Or wait are you playing them on your old PS2? :D
Still have my original PS2 from 2004 :lol: Can't beat the old PS2 games :drool:

RUUD_10_LEGEND

Is there a guide to the tactics side of the game anywhere? Google isn't being helpful. I'm a bit lost on that side of it other than the basic sort of press up a load of times to go ultra-attacking or vice-versa.

Also, in agreement with the above posts about the AI being fixed, in that in a Europa League game at OT I hit the post 4 times in one half, (one of them from 3 yards), dominated the game and somehow drew!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is legend just not that big of a deal this year? I've just won four in a row on legend difficulty. I remember previously it was virtually impossible to do it.
I still find it extremely difficult. Wish there was something between Superstar and Legend.

Art Vandelay

I wish they would fix the refs. You can give a freekick away just from being near a player when they kick the ball. Yet the AI can execute one of your players and you get nothing. The grappling from behind when you're sprinting in front is particularly annoying. If you can't kick the ball or run because you're having to fend off the sumo like advances of a defender that's behind you then that's kind of a foul right there. Also getting completely taken out when the AI gets nowhere near the ball is a foul. You taking the ball clean then the AI kicking you is not supposed to be a freekick to them.

It feels like the refs just do random shit weighted in favour of the AI.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I am enjoying the game. I appreciate the fact that the defenders can keep a line and pace is not as overpowered as one would expect in a football title.

I finally found how to configure a game plan that has game plans for attacking / defending / etc. Still think individual instructions lack some depth, but it's probably because I didn't found the right menu yet (I took some time to find out that I could use different formations in the same game plan by activating an option).
How do you do this?

I like to fiddle with the tactics but as soon as I do on Master League it puts the teamwork rating right down and then you have to put up with being shite for about 10 games while it slowly builds back up.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
How do you do this?

I like to fiddle with the tactics but as soon as I do on Master League it puts the teamwork rating right down and then you have to put up with being shite for about 10 games while it slowly builds back up.
You have to turn the option "Switch to preset tactics" ON. then Holding DPad up or down during match you can switch between tactics. Didn't tried ML yet, though

Check this video from 7m35s onwards:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
You have to turn the option "Switch to preset tactics" ON. then Holding DPad up or down during match you can switch between tactics. Didn't tried ML yet, though

Check this video from 7m35s onwards:
Cool I'll give it a look thanks. Sounds like I might already do it without even being aware that's what it was!

Master League is almost like a different game tbh. You have a team work rating and new signings or changing the tactics bring it down until the team get used to playing how you want or with the players you want. Which for some reason means you often can't string 2 passes together against the likes of Aston Villa for the first 2 months of the season.

Redplane

Cool I'll give it a look thanks. Sounds like I might already do it without even being aware that's what it was!

Master League is almost like a different game tbh. You have a team work rating and new signings or changing the tactics bring it down until the team get used to playing how you want or with the players you want. Which for some reason means you often can't string 2 passes together against the likes of Aston Villa for the first 2 months of the season.
Taking a page out of the United textbook. Realism.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica

Seems like they have improved it. Will give it a try for sure. I'm actually quite pleased with the offline experience so far: when you pick a team from a League, you get to play the all season competitions, which means cups + European competitions.

I know online experience is probably better on the long run, but it consumes a lot of time and if suddenly the missus or the kids need help on something I can't just pause the game for all the time I need or quit without being penalized for that.

Redplane

Seems like they have improved it. Will give it a try for sure. I'm actually quite pleased with the offline experience so far: when you pick a team from a League, you get to play the all season competitions, which means cups + European competitions.

I know online experience is probably better on the long run, but it consumes a lot of time and if suddenly the missus or the kids need help on something I can't just pause the game for all the time I need or quit without being penalized for that.
My biggest reason for playing offline so I can play with all the proper kits, names, adboards and chants. Too bad you can't use those online. At least PES added a lot of licenses this year but it still lacks a lot that I can add in with a third party patch.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
My biggest reason for playing offline so I can play with all the proper kits, names, adboards and chants. Too bad you can't use those online. At least PES added a lot of licenses this year but it still lacks a lot that I can add in with a third party patch.
In the old days of P2P online gaming, that wouldn't be such an issue. Nowadays your game is basically a 20/30 GB terminal that connects to a server for online playing :D

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Taking a page out of the United textbook. Realism.
Playing with United is surprisingly realistic. The other day Lindelof booted the ball into my own goal off Jones's back when I tried to clear it.

Yeah it's had some work on it. Still not perfect but better than it was. Master League is basically the same as League except you buy/sell/develop players...and have to skip through various annoying cutscenes that serve absolutely no purpose.

The transfers are a lot more realistic this year. You don't have Aguero cropping up at Arsenal half way through your first season. It's also infuriating though due to the aforementioned CPU match fixing.