Eight games away from another disastrous season under Ole

Raw

This has been by far and away the best season post Ferguson for me
I agree. Results wise not the best but it's the first time in years where I actually like the team and I am looking forward to the future. Ole might not stick around for long but he has set us up well.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I agree. Results wise not the best but it's the first time in years where I actually like the team and I am looking forward to the future. Ole might not stick around for long but he has set us up well.
yes but you have to remember we actually support the club and watch the games. Obviously some in here struggle with that.

Tel074

It’s Uniteds own fault if we don’t get 4th place we knew what we were getting when we signed Ole, so there is no point complaining now.

The football hasn’t been very good at all and it won’t get any better either, it’s individual brilliance rather than good football getting us points.

But, we get a win tonight against Sheffield and we are in a good position to get 4th so let’s all get behind the team for the remaining games and forget these clickbait bullshit articles only designed to play on the insecurity of United fans..

You obviously haven't been to OT much over the past 7 or so seasons . The football under Ole is streets ahead of anything I've had to endure under Moyes , LVG and Jose . Ole has done a great job so far . He was brought in to start a proper rebuild ..The players he has signed have been excellent and he's getting rid of most of crap .
I like the vast majority of march going fans are happy with how we are looking currently

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Why do people always stick that caveat in every sentence? Unless we end up doing an Arsenal, he ain't going nowhere.

Zambara

Ole was and still is one of the luckiest coach I've met
On the contrary, the first half of the season was almost pure bad luck.

With key players fit, and recruits he wanted brought in, he's come up with pretty good end product so far.

sugar_kane

Football 365? Dog shit site and presumably a dog shit article (I ain't reading it)

Can't imagine any sane United fan buying into it based on the title alone, naturally on the Caf it's generated a seven page thread.

Deery

Dreary
You obviously haven't been to OT much over the past 7 or so seasons . The football under Ole is streets ahead of anything I've had to endure under Moyes , LVG and Jose . Ole has done a great job so far . He was brought in to start a proper rebuild ..The players he has signed have been excellent and he's getting rid of most of crap .
I like the vast majority of march going fans are happy with how we are looking currently
And if we don’t get 4th the match going fans will still be happy or not?

I said he’s laid a good foundation and will still be here next season, but is he going to challenge Pep or Klopp?

SteveW

I really don't get this thread. We weren't a good team at the start of the season. If we end the season as a good team surely the manager is doing a good job?

The improvement couldn't be more obvious. But seemingly the improvement doesn't count because we weren't good before the improvement??? Where's the logic?

Tel074

I said he’s laid a good foundation and will still be here next season, but is he going to challenge Pep or Klopp?
Yeah they will still be happy . Then next season we need to push on again . It's very easy to say is he going to challenge those managers but we have had so called world class managers at the club the past years with zero effect .
Our playing staff was alot further off Klopp and Peps squads when Ole took over but you could argue we are somewhat better now than before he took over .

Vanrouge

This is the most I've enjoyed watching United since Fergie, and I'm not even talking about Fergie's last side, so it's getting on for a decade since I've enjoyed watching them this much.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Such an odd time to raise these issues when the trajectory is clearly going the right way as his first full season goes on
The author of the piece was no doubt hoping we'd slip up tonight and drop points. Hope he's choking on a big bowl of dicks right now.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I really don't get this thread. We weren't a good team at the start of the season. If we end the season as a good team surely the manager is doing a good job?

The improvement couldn't be more obvious. But seemingly the improvement doesn't count because we weren't good before the improvement??? Where's the logic?
There is none. Agendas are hard to shake

Deery

Dreary
Yeah they will still be happy . Then next season we need to push on again . It's very easy to say is he going to challenge those managers but we have had so called world class managers at the club the past years with zero effect .
Our playing staff was alot further off Klopp and Peps squads when Ole took over but you could argue we are somewhat better now than before he took over .
It’s starting to come together, alright.. It was a good win tonight and let’s press on from it.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
It's important not to get carried away by and win or a loss, but can anyone on here seriously claim that we are not moving forwards as a team?

rotherham_red

Speaking as a match going fan. I will be, and I can pretty certainly say for the guys and girls who sit near me, it will be the same for them also.

TheRedDevil2019

Speaking as a match going fan. I will be, and I can pretty certainly say for the guys and girls who sit near me, it will be the same for them also.
Just agreeing with this guy. Armchair supporters really have no clue just how behind Ole the regulars are.
As a season ticket holder, I won't be turning on Ole if we miss out on top 4 and I'll be dismayed if the board did.

Deery

Dreary
After spending £200m though and an Ighalo loan surely 4th place is the expectation?

rotherham_red

After spending £200m though and an Ighalo loan surely 4th place is the expectation?
Why just consider the incomings and not the outgoings? We decimated the squad in the summer to such an extent that even I, as optimistic as I am, was fearing the worst and that it would be difficult to get 4th.

To get it after letting go of our most consistent midfield presence (Herrera), our £90m striker (Lukaku) and our highest earning player, and someone who we were building around under Jose (Sanchez), would be an unbelievable achievement. And that's before we consider that we didn't replace the vast majority of those players directly.

Deery

Dreary
Why just consider the incomings and not the outgoings? We decimated the squad in the summer to such an extent that even I, as optimistic as I am, was fearing the worst and that it would be difficult to get 4th.

To get it after letting go of our most consistent midfield presence (Herrera), our £90m striker (Lukaku) and our highest earning player, and someone who we were building around under Jose (Sanchez), would be an unbelievable achievement. And that's before we consider that we didn't replace the vast majority of those players directly.
Those 3 players were doing really badly before they were sold, and needed to be changed though any upgrade would have been better.

Things do seem to be on the rise right now so let’s just enjoy it..
Ole will still be manager next season and hopefully we get an injury free run at things and get 4th place next season or maybe better.

Revan

Assumptionman
And yet objectively speaking (results-wise), it has been the worst season post-Fergie. Today's victory does not change that.

I know that observing it locally, there are signs of progress. To be fair, the same could have been said for every season after SAF. Taking the entire season into consideration, it has been the same old shit, with worse results.

Of course, the season is yet to be finished and the things might change, but so far this season has been a bit crappy, 3-0 today or not.

Lebowski

Ole has been so lucky this season. If Rashford hadn't scored 14 goals we would have been bottom half. If Bruno hadn't been signed we would have been in a relegation battle. If we had conceded more than a goal a game we would have finished rock bottom.

All of a sudden he has Pogba available too. Can't believe his luck.
Is this sarcasm and I'm just being dense?

Sing you a song

What the hell is this about “ he might not stick around for long “
The guy is doing an unbelievable job the atmosphere and positivity around the club is the best since the glory days.
His record in the transfer market is second to none , the kids are coming through stronger than an at any other club .
We are playing out best football for years .
I hope he is here for the next10 years minimum

Sing you a song

And yet objectively speaking (results-wise), it has been the worst season post-Fergie. Today's victory does not change that.

I know that observing it locally, there are signs of progress. To be fair, the same could have been said for every season after SAF. Taking the entire season into consideration, it has been the same old shit, with worse results.

Of course, the season is yet to be finished and the things might change, but so far this season has been a bit crappy, 3-0 today or not.
Dear god I give up !!
why on earth are you “supporting “ us ?

Raw

What the hell is this about “ he might not stick around for long “
The guy is doing an unbelievable job the atmosphere and positivity around the club is the best since the glory days.
His record in the transfer market is second to none , the kids are coming through stronger than an at any other club .
We are playing out best football for years .
I hope he is here for the next10 years minimum
Don't get me wrong I hope he succeeds too! I'm just not 100% sure he can get us to Liverpool/City levels at this point, but he's putting us on the right track which is all I can ask of him right now.

montpelier

Are we really that obsessed with 4th place we don't notice the games now being won and the much improved football? I don't understand what you see when you're watching our games.

And as for those who want any Manager we have now to cure 7 years of mess in 6 months and have us winning the League in his 2nd season. I'd rather you supported another team, tbh.

alexthelion

Hilarious. I could maybe understand if fans were somewhat content with the season and were willin' to see it out but all this talk of the team now bein' far better than the one that finished second is pure delusion.

Ashley Young is a superior player to Shaw in every way so I don't see how he's deadwood. Smalling is at least as good as Maguire and even if you don't think so, he's better than our other options. He wasn't deadwood.
Lukaku was out only CF and we sold him for 20 less than we bought him. He was not deadwood. (please no rubbish about style of play, we still play the same way. Please no rubbish about 'but he wanted to leave'. Pogba is still here)
Sanchez is better than James and him leavin' on loan doesn't solve the issue of his wages.

Young players? Every manager since Fergie has blooded at least one. Januzaj, Rash and Lingard, then McTom and Tuanzebe now Brandon. So it can't or shouldn't be young players that makes Ole fans swoon.

As for this plan you guys all seem to be privy to. What is it? Does it involve buyin' the slowest CB in the league? If we're an attackin' team now why don't we have attackin' fallbacks? Why don't the forwards press? Please what is this plan?
Can I have some of what you're on?

This post is hilarious, do you really believe that Young is better than Shaw and Smalling better than Maguire? As for Sanchez being better than james, :lol:

Perhaps you should actually try watching some games, you will see just how wrong you are. Or is it just irrational Ole hate?

Revan

Assumptionman
Dear god I give up !!
why on earth are you “supporting “ us ?
Sorry. Forgot that everything is rosy and after 7 years of shit and a billion spent on transfers, I should be delighted that we are almost going to get into Champions League.

RedDevil@84

Firing Ole and pissing off a squad which is showing some signs of gelling together and loving to play under the current coach should definitely be the thing we should be doing.
13 games is too much for caf to handle. Like so many moaning opportunities lost there.

SirFergie

The fact is Ole is a great man manager and motivator, but he lacks (football) managerial and coaching experience massively. He’d be great as our assistant, but that ship has sailed.
What a load of crap.

How do you explain the obvious improvement in individual players such as Martial, McTominay and Fred? Is this just a non existent trendy stick to beat him with?

Brightonian

Agreed. Even when the results weren't coming for us the way they are now the football was positive and enjoyable and the squad felt like it was going somewhere. It's also important to note that before lockdown it was an injury-affected season. To have our two best midfielders at the time (Pogba and McT) and our best forward (Rashford) all out for long overlapping stretches clearly contributed hugely to some of the worse spells.

Looking really promising now, anyway. If the problem was beating teams with inferior quality who sit back against us, today was a clear sign of progress.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
If we miss out on top 4 and you expect him to be gone, you're going to be very disappointed.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
What a load of crap.

How do you explain the obvious improvement in individual players such as Martial, McTominay and Fred? Is this just a non existent trendy stick to beat him with?
The fact he lacks managerial and coaching experience isn’t opinion it’s fact mate. He’s years behind any other top manager

Also, isn’t improving individuals more down to man management and motivation? Tactically we could still improve.

alexthelion

Why is there such an attack on people who feel that Ole should be sacked if there's no top 4 (or CL through Europa)? I mean, you might feel differently but its not a crazy point of view. We have had some serious lows this season.

There are many, many clubs who have had their squads in much worse situation than us and recovered faster than us. Look at Leicester who were in the bottom half when Rodgers took over. I mean if we don't get CL football next year, we would have seriously screwed the remaining season. There could be a million reasons for that as well. Somewhere the excuses need to stop.

I'm not saying that he should definitely be sacked. But we don't necessarily have to hit absolute rock bottom to replace a manager. Other teams do that and have done it well.
Because allowance should be made for the massive job he's had to do rebuilding the club both on and off the pitch after the three disasters that went before him.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Sorry. Forgot that everything is rosy and after 7 years of shit and a billion spent on transfers, I should be delighted that we are almost going to get into Champions League.
I think we should be delighted that we're starting to see an actual team forming that has the most potential of any team we've had for the last 7 years. We're not going to go from years of dog shit to champions in a season, it's obviously going to take time, but surely we can all see that there are a lot of signs right now that we're heading in the right direction? Yes we're miles off City and Liverpool, but should we sack Ole and half the team just to start over AGAIN because Ole hasn't made us the finished article in his first full season?

It also hasn't exactly been a season of trying to get a settled starting 11 to start playing good football either, it's been a major rebuild with players going in and out sprinkled with long term injuries to our best players.

It's worth considering that our current best starting 11 has played together for basically 100min in total so far.