Eight games away from another disastrous season under Ole

Deery

Dreary
This thread should be banned. It's probably some Liverpool fans who started it once they realised they would win their first premier league title ever. Horrible thread with a genuin lack of perspective, Liverpool supporters or not.
Yeah, it’s a shit thread I said as much also..

Member 113277

I never understand the flip flop by our fans. Yes it was bad but we won. Even the greatest sides in the past and now struggle to break teams but they grind the results and win matches. I am glad the team never gave up and stooped their shoulders down. It's not possible to win every game 3 or 4-0.
You're right - and another thing, Norwich in the league are a different proposition to Norwich in a winner takes all match. It's surprising how often a team doing badly over a whole season can rally in a cup competition.

Watching Norwich today, they didn't look a bottom place team.

It’s a rebuild project, there are no quick fixes. This has been talked about to death but Liverpool were finishing down the table before it all clicked. For me this team looks a lot better than it has for years and years, plus they’re young enough to build and develop together. Key also is that Pogba hasn’t played all season and Bruno only just joined, two players that will greatly help us break down those stubborn defensive teams. So let’s at least allow this team to gel and improve further.
This.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I think you're exaggerating a teeny weeny too much about that.
I can't believe i'm the only person that's noticed it, I don't know if you do it purposely in the hope of winding people up or you genuinely don't know you do it.

Everybody on the Forum knows by now you think we overpaid for Maguire and AWB in the Summer, i'd go so far as saying everybody on the bloody Planet by now knows your thoughts. WE GET IT!

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Honestly don’t look at the stats which include us playing 10 men for extra time.

If you look at the game Norwich were on top in that second half, that’s the truth whether or not you want to believe it or not
I don't have to look at the stats, I watched the bloody game. The reserve team was awful and still they had most of the game going one way. The second half was a pure flattening besides that one chance that would have missed the net anyway.

DSG

I don't have to look at the stats, I watched the bloody game. The reserve team was awful and still they had most of the game going one way. The second half was a pure flattening besides that one chance that would have missed the net anyway.
@Rafaeldagold is just trolling. These types are only happy when they are miserable.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I can't believe i'm the only person that's noticed it, I don't know if you do it purposely in the hope of winding people up or you genuinely don't know you do it.

Everybody on the Forum knows by now you think we overpaid for Maguire and AWB in the Summer, i'd go so far as saying everybody on the bloody Planet by now knows your thoughts. WE GET IT!
I think you are the only one noticing it because it is not true. 95% of my posts are not about Maguire and AWB. Oh well.

Last edited:

SmallCaine

It’s a rebuild project, there are no quick fixes. This has been talked about to death but Liverpool were finishing down the table before it all clicked. For me this team looks a lot better than it has for years and years, plus they’re young enough to build and develop together. Key also is that Pogba hasn’t played all season and Bruno only just joined, two players that will greatly help us break down those stubborn defensive teams. So let’s at least allow this team to gel and improve further.
Where has this myth come from? Liverpool under klopp finished outside top 4 only once and that was his 1st season where he came in mid season and still got them to Europa and League cup finals.

This is liverpool's progression under klopp
2015-16- 8th place, Europa and LC Final
2016-17- 4th place
2017-18- 4th place and CL final
2018-19- 2nd place and CL win
2019-20- PL winners

Klopp was never failing at liverpool, only time they were finishing down the table is when they didn't have klopp as their manager. People need to stop using made up history to defend ole.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I think you are the only one noticing it because it is not true. 95% of my posts are not about Maguire and AWB. Oh well.
Look mate I usually enjoy reading your post, no seriously, I disagree with a lot of it, most in fact, but I do enjoy reading them, and you do it all the time.

In this thread alone you've mention the £130m: #399 #429 #437 #443 #451 #458 #439 and there's probably more.

I'm starting to think you feel Ole could have spent the £130m wiser ;)

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If we don’t get a minimum of top 4 after spending nearly £200 fecking million then he should be booted out like his predecessors were.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
The changes will be justified if we go to Brighton with our best 11, look fairly fresh and get 3 points in what will be a tricky game. It's just basic squad management, coming in the middle of an intensive run of games, after a long period of inactivity.

I guarantee the same posters giving Ole grief about yesterday's selection would be questioning him if we play our best team and look knackered, or lose with a weakened side, come Tuesday.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Ole needed individual brilliance from an academy lad to bail him out tonight. And then a deflection goal from a big money January signing. His only mode of play is counter attacking football and that's how he was gifted the third goal. None of the goals should have happened.

Such a jammy manager.

RedTiger

Half mast
Ole needed individual brilliance from an academy lad to bail him out tonight. And then a deflection goal from a big money January signing. His only mode of play is counter attacking football and that's how he was gifted the third goal. None of the goals should have happened.

Such a jammy manager.
He's a guy who ends up at the right place at the right time. We can't judge anything yet, let's see how he does in the next game.

sport2793

The changes will be justified if we go to Brighton with our best 11, look fairly fresh and get 3 points in what will be a tricky game. It's just basic squad management, coming in the middle of an intensive run of games, after a long period of inactivity.

I guarantee the same posters giving Ole grief about yesterday's selection would be questioning him if we play our best team and look knackered, or lose with a weakened side, come Tuesday.
Prophetic.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Such a jammy manager.
First real test is against Bournemouth at the weekend.

Mainoldo

Let’s keep this negative thread going. Hopefully it does the reverse and we keep winning until the end. That’s Champs League.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
That will be his first real test.
Absolutely, he has to prove himself. He just doesn't have the kind of legendary career highlights such as "doing alright at Spurs for a few years" that more qualified potential candidates can boast of.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur

Such a jammy manager.
:lol:

Every goal, ever under Ole.

Jammy cnut

imamuppet

:lol: :lol:

The state of some of the posters in this thread,

Cant wait to cry their eyes out when performances are "not to their liking" while completely ignoring or oblivious to how football works.

And then some cant wait to get their claws in Ole, just so their EGOs can be proven "right".

It is well funny, but at the same time dis-heartening that there are such a number of peeps posting here who have such negative attitudes to our club.

Must be some form a mental weakness ...

RashysTekkers

Such a jammy manager.
Can't tell whether this is sarcasm or not. If this bloke is being serious then he really needs to get his head checked.

G_and_T

I am not sure I understand this thread at all.. was it started as a joke or just to wind people up?
Ole is just lucky? Then what was Fergie - always winning in Fergie time??
I don't understand why people struggle to be optimistic. Ole is just finishing his first full season. He has bought some excellent players in and phased out players who just weren't cutting it. I imagine the summer will bring more change despite Covid. He has brought out the best from Martial, Matic and Fred... that isn't luck, that's good coaching. I could go on... Just enjoy watching football again and be happy that things are finally changing at the club.

nainaisson

First real test is against Bournemouth at the weekend.
I disagree. I think Ole's first real test will be the second leg of the Europa League tie against LASK. If he can construct a game plan that takes advantage of our 5 away goals, by somehow stopping LASK from scoring more than 4 goals at Old Trafford, he'll have passed the test convincingly.

Needham

Bet you've reread that post about 50 times since yesterday

spaceboyRSA

No white text?

Tel074

This thread should be banned. It's probably some Liverpool fans who started it once they realised they would win their first premier league title ever. Horrible thread with a genuin lack of perspective, Liverpool supporters or not.
Totally agree mate . But in saying that there would be quite a few of these threads banned. Some of the posts on here about Ole shows the complete lack of understanding about football and how hard it is for a manager to build his own team .
The abuse Ole gets on here is simply disgusting

Keanes Magic Hat

An interesting piece in F365 this morning about how terrible this season has been for us, if it wasn't for the decent run after Fernandes joined who knows what situation we would be in. We need 19 points from our last 24 available just to beat our worst ever Premier League total which was achieved under Moyes. If we don't match that then surely something has to be done?

https://www.football365.com/news/man-utd-and-solskjaer-have-eight-games-to-avoid-disaster
I take exception with the "another" in the title, Ole came in half way during last season when it was already a disaster. The team have definitely improved and a lot of the waste has been cut during his short time 18 months.

Tel074

An interesting piece in F365 this morning about how terrible this season has been for us, if it wasn't for the decent run after Fernandes joined who knows what situation we would be in. We need 19 points from our last 24 available just to beat our worst ever Premier League total which was achieved under Moyes. If we don't match that then surely something has to be done?

https://www.football365.com/news/man-utd-and-solskjaer-have-eight-games-to-avoid-disaster

That article is irrelevant. Ole has had to reset our whole club he's had to try and wipe out the disasters since Ferguson left .
Do you think us match goers are supporting him for the fun of it ? We can see what he's doing we can see he's had to use Pereira,Lingard,Jones because that's what was at his disposal.
He's bringing in his own players and all of them have been excellent and now Lingard , Pereira ,Jones will be used like they should be .
Some people have hated on Ole so much that they have dug a hole to deep they can't just start admiring the job he is doing .
Ole loves the club and you can see that on the pitch with his team they seem happy and want to be United players .

We are not the complete team yet but for Christ sake just enjoy watching United play good football and see where the journey with Ole takes us. We are improving all the time and yes we probably will have the odd bad result but that's football .

Zen86

Such a jammy manager.
Agreed. We would be bottom of the league if it wasn’t for the players scoring all these goals for him.

padzilla

Hipster
We really are moving in the right direction. The only blip might be we left ourselves too much to do this season to qualify for the top four but you can't fault the way we are playing right now. The next challenge is to get rid of players like Mata, Lingard and Pereira who simply are not good enough even for the bench. There is a nice balance to our starting XI and getting better quality options throughout the squad so we aren't completely reliant on Fernandes and Pogba for creativity would help us no end continue to improve.

KennyBurner

It would be nice if OP kept updating the title accordingly. It should be “6 games from another disastrous season under Ole.”

Michael T

Boom, Chelsea and Leicester both drop three points. Ole's on course for 3rd place.

Beep beep, Ole's at the wheel and we're moving in to the overtaking lane...

Ole, the back room staff and the squad are making cracking progress. It's a great time to be a Utd supporter in my opinion and I am absolutely loving this journey back to our 'rightful place'. I cannot understand all the negativity; we're watching the next chapter in the club's amazing history unfold before us and as far as I'm concerned Ole's not only ahead of schedule with his rebuild, but he's assembling an awesome team that I am really enjoying watching play; and it's a young team with so much potential. The fact that Ole is a Utd legend just adds the sort of romance that is part of the club's history. What's not to enjoy.

Last edited: