Eikrem...

lysglimt

Scout
Don't know if this been posted already - but there are articles in the norwegian press that Magnus Eikrem now has been offered a 2 year pro deal with United which he will accept.

I thought he started the season poorly - but in the last few months he has played really well and deserves his contract!

red thru&thru

i think that was mentioned a few weeks back.

he may not have a great start but lets not forget these guys are still very young and have a lot to deal with regarding their body changes etc.

give him time and i think he may end up being like darren fletcher...not quite the first name on team shirt but great player to have in the squad.

prateik

he'll turn 19 in aug isnt it ..
i remember he came on as a sub in a friendly 2 seasons back when he had just turned 17

2 more years = 21 .. enough time .. hope he does well

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Great news. He could be quite the player 2 years from now.

jb8521

Wow think I owe young Magnus an apology. I was sure he was 21 and part of the David Jones generation. No wonder he's always been that "small" !!!!!
He is very small and had a setback being diagnosed with diabetes but when he was signed the club said they didnt expect to see the best of him until he was 20 or 21 so he has time now to develop further and make a name for himself

PS18

Was always a long-term project, has just shown signs of starting to flourish in the second half of this season. Well worth persevering with, a two-year deal has got to give him a nice confidence boost.

LouisRocca

According to norwegian press, Magnus W. Eikrem is out for the rest of the season with a broken leg. As far as I understand, he's broken his fibula, the thines bone in his calf. He also said that he has grown more the last months and are expecting to grow more for at least one more year, and he said that he is trying to "get used" to his "new body".
He will be ready to start full training in about a month.
He's got his share of bad luck since he joined United.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
According to norwegian press, Magnus W. Eikrem is out for the rest of the season with a broken leg. As far as I understand, he's broken his fibula, the thines bone in his calf. He also said that he has grown more the last months and are expecting to grow more for at least one more year, and he said that he is trying to "get used" to his "new body".
He will be ready to start full training in about a month.
He's got his share of bad luck since he joined United.
He still looks tiny to me. How tall is he now?

SecondFig

Bad news about the leg-break, glad to hear it's just the fibula though. Here's hoping he's the next Messi (in an entirely different style of player kind of way)

Eriku

It's not like his game relies on pace or anything... Sad that he's not had the most fluent of seasons, but here's hoping we get to see him on the bench next season ;)

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
He must be near 6 foot by now.

Shame to hear about the injury, yet another of our talented youngsters whose season has been disrupted by injury.
:eek:

Must be some transformation, he looked like 5'6" or something last i saw him (granted, 1~2 years ago)

Eriku

I remember that Eikrem told the Noggy media that the coaching staff reckoned he'd go past six feet... hope he gets over any gangliness quickly ;)

Girish II

He had a really good start to the season, getting on the score sheet too. I'm pretty sure he'd have ended up notching a few more gems had he been injury free. Shame he's out, hope he can make it back for pre season reserve friendlies.

Scored a couple of beauties in this reserve game against Sunderland last October.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Shame he's out, hope he can make it back for pre season reserve friendlies.
That won't be a problem, he reckons he'll be fully fit in about a month. He also said that while not being able to play footie for a few weeks "sucks haemorrhoids", it'll give his "upper arse" (lower back presumably) some much needed rest.

Drifter

American
Manchester United reserves coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says Magnus Eikrem can be pleased with his form this season.

The young Norwegian has tasted senior involvement in the Cup this campaign.

Solskjaer told MUTV: "Magnus started off the season in great form and has taken massive strides since last year. He scored some stunning goals but he has also learned about the other sides of being a midfielder. He's had bad luck with injuries but can still reflect on a good campaign."

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I'm surprised this guy hasn't played a bit longer in the Carling Cup. Home match today I really expected him to get 30 mins or so. Really want to see what he can do in the first team. Needs experience soon.

Eriku

Longer? That would suggest he's played any at all. He's not featured for the first team in any capacity, as far as I know? Certainly not in a competitive match.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies

He played in a friendly against Dunfermline 3 years ago. No competitive action yet.

ntripunovski

Yea.. Its a pitty he did not get a playing time yesterday... I like him a lot... In my eyes he is the next best thing coming from the youth of United

Eirik Raude

After the great last season, and now being captain of the United reserves, I think it is strange that he never has gotten his debut yet. Understandable that he didn't come on against Wolves, but in the last CC match we ended the game only having made 1 substitution. Why not give a couple of the younger lads, like Magnus, a few minutes in the end? It was game over after 80 minutes.

I believe he is starting to get frustrated by this now, and if he doesn't get his debut soon, I can see him moving on.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
After the great last season, and now being captain of the United reserves, I think it is strange that he never has gotten his debut yet. Understandable that he didn't come on against Wolves, but in the last CC match we ended the game only having made 1 substitution. Why not give a couple of the younger lads, like Magnus, a few minutes in the end? It was game over after 80 minutes.

I believe he is starting to get frustrated by this now, and if he doesn't get his debut soon, I can see him moving on.
What a lovely example of projection.

Thankfully, I'd imagine he's a bit more patient than you.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
:rolleyes:

Of course it was! What game did you watch?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
After his performances in the reserves, his age and the position he plays I am surprised he's not been given more minutes for us in the less competitive games but I'm sure they will come soon enough wether it's to increase his stock or to bring him through.

Eirik Raude

What a lovely example of projection.

Thankfully, I'd imagine he's a bit more patient than you.
Might be, but there is only so much patience one can have, and he won't be waiting in the reserves forever. Why we didn't give him or Evans, or both the chance in the first CC game is beyond me. I guess they would have gotten the chance if SAF was present.