Television El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie | Don't bother entering unless you've watched it

ChrisNelson

I just opened the forum and saw this.... I'd forgotten! And I just happen to have a spare Friday night so I am all over this!!!

Tarrou

Enjoyed it. The direction and writing felt identical to a really good Breaking Bad episode, as if there wasn't a big time gap between it ending and them making this.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Very good. I won't spoil it in any way but it is pretty much exactly what you'd want it to be. If you enjoyed the series then you'll enjoy this.

Suv666

Enjoyed it. The direction and writing felt identical to a really good Breaking Bad episode, as if there wasn't a big time gap between it ending and them making this.
Really? It felt very different to Breaking Bad. The tone, the direction everything was different not that it is a bad thing. Tbf though its been a quite long time since I finished Breaking Bad.
Very good movie, Aaron Paul is a great actor.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Quite good. Fairly tense, about what you’d expect from a breaking bad episode.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The one thing that did bother me was

Why did the welder challenge Jesse to a gun duel? It seemed a bit unnatural even if it did make for a cool scene, can't help but feel this was added in just as an homage to spaghetti western movies. Also, the fact the second guy couldn't hit Jesse was ridiculous, he must have parkinsons with aim like that.

Suv666

Why did the welder challenge Jesse to a gun duel? It seemed a bit unnatural even if it did make for a cool scene, can't help but feel this was added in just as an homage to spaghetti western movies. Also, the fact the second guy couldn't hit Jesse was ridiculous, he must have parkinsons with aim like that.
Cocaine would explain the stormtrooper aim

youngrell

youngrell

They did show the guy was up for a bit of gambling earlier on, plus he was coked up and Jesse had a shitty gun. Odds were stacked in his favour and he was showing off. Agree the shootout after was a bit silly.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Yeah that was cheesy as hell. Didn’t like that scene personally.[/QUOTE]

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I'd echo the sentiments on here.

It's good. It did Breaking Bad justice without being spectacular.

7/10.

Mark Pawelek

I don't know about others but I started getting bored nearer the finale. All the decent characters, heroes and villains, were dead and then finally so was Walter.

Maybe the film could show he was saved by the cops at the end. Then meets up with Jesse to take on the South American drug lords. I'd watch that.
I stopped watching both BB and BCS before the end. Bored. I had no sympathy for any characters in the series, so I din't care how it ended. There's a reason why story-tellers create complex, and sympathetic characters - to hook their audience. Post-modern, irony for the sake of it, story-tellers need to get wise to that.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I loved it, but then I knew I would I loved BB, and while this had a slightly different feel, it was obviously still the same universe. If you liked BB you should enjoy this.

Sylar

Funny thing is it still leaves a chance for a follow up Jesse movie

It was good and well shot. Depends on your expectations. If you expected something bigger you wouldn't get it given it was a focus on one character and answered what happened directly after BB ended and also answered some questions I didn't even know I had.

Given how BB ended and how far back it was, I think this was as good of a story we would get esp with older characters without being out of place or against the tone of the series

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It was good, slow burner, lovely cinematography, sparse atmosphere, akin to the series.

The flashbacks with Jesse and Todd were good. Todd's character is so eerie and remorseless.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It was completely pointless and if it wasn't made I'd never think Breaking Bad needed any sort of closure, but hey, it was entertaining as hell and a good way to kill 2 hours, so feck it, why not.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Think people were expecting too much where I felt it was perfectly pitched.

Yeah we didn't need to know what happened to Jesse but they done right by him in this.

Just the right number of 'flashbacks' and some really tense stuff with the new scum bag duo. Loved the shootout.

Only issue was Todd was far too fat. Guess you can de age people but not de fat them.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Think people were expecting too much where I felt it was perfectly pitched.

Yeah we didn't need to know what happened to Jesse but they done right by him in this.

Just the right number of 'flashbacks' and some really tense stuff with the new scum bag duo. Loved the shootout.

Only issue was Todd was far too fat. Guess you can de age people but not de fat them.
Yeah Fatt Damon was definitely off putting. Still a great character though.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Noticed that Todd weight gain too. Hard not to.

You'd think he'd have had enough notice to get the weight off.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Do I need to rewatch Breaking Bad for seeing this? It's been few years.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I enjoyed it. Nice little ending chapter. One thing that's not been picked up on much
we have confirmation that Walter White died there. No return for his character.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It was completely pointless and if it wasn't made I'd never think Breaking Bad needed any sort of closure, but hey, it was entertaining as hell and a good way to kill 2 hours, so feck it, why not.
Exactly this.

Entirely pointless and hasn't really added anything but still loved every minute.

Fatter Damon was notable, as was Walt looking a fair bit older in the flashback. But who cares.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I suppose you could argue that Jesse got somewhat short-changed with his ending in the very Walt-centric series finale and this squares that. That's a pretty insubstantial reason to make this though. Also it isn't in any way a film, it's a long TV episode. Also, Todd's weight gain was distracting. Also, the duel was silly. Beyond that it was perfectly fine.

Saw it described on twitter as a gift to the show's fans and that's about right. A bit of pleasant fan service for those who are still interested and totally inessential for more casual fans of the show.