Elanga for CF???

Glorio

While it's a bit of a reactive thought, it's a reaction to the last few months. Wouldn't be my typical choice but he's played it in the youth teams and perhaps he'd offer more than Ronaldo and Cavani.

At least he'll press, he'll run in behind, and he'll drag defenders out of position which the senior CFs we have can't do.

With those 2 mostly, we're playing with 10 men basically

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's pointless discussing it because Ronaldo can't/won't be dropped.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Yes.

Rashford up top would also be an improvement. As would some sort of a false 9, as would McNeil. Just do it, Ralf.

(Yes, Rash was poor, but I think we can all see some value with his pace and balls over the top)

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Why Elanga over Rashford? I'd rather give that central responsibility to someone that has done it in the men's game and allow Elanga to develop playing his natural role.

-Supreme-

I’d like to see Bruno up top as a false 9 with Pogba and Hannibal playing as 8.

Flanked with Sancho and Elanga

JustAGuest

i mean we arent even close to out of the top four race but ok
I guess potentially 5 points behind both Arsenal and Spurs (if they win their games in hand) is not impossible. But with how we are playing there is nothing to suggest we will be in contention for it.

Skills

Snitch
Not to be appear too harsh, but he isn't all too special is he? In terms of touch, technique or athleticism - he doesn't really scream a special talent?

Surely, there's better in the pipeline?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Honestly, he'd be better than Ronaldo or Cavani there. Or put Rashford there and Elanga/Lingard wide. Ronaldo and Cavani are both beyond woeful and useless.

Glorio

Why Elanga over Rashford? I'd rather give that central responsibility to someone that has done it in the men's game and allow Elanga to develop playing his natural role.
Perhaps. Rashford has had ample chances to play this position in the men's game, but he definitely hasn't looked good there at all though. We know the answer to that question.
Elanga is at least an unknown, and he's looked happy enough playing there at the lower levels

Glorio

Not to be appear too harsh, but he isn't all too special is he? In terms of touch, technique or athleticism - he doesn't really scream a special talent?

Surely, there's better in the pipeline?
At CF, incidentally not that I know of :(

The way I see it, "nothing special" would be an improvement on what we have right now which is downright poor. No disrespect to either Ronaldo or Cavani, none has any business playing CF at this level in this league at their ages.

Dante

Average bang
I don't think he's ready to be a CF who plays with his back to goal.

But as a false 9? Yeah, that might work.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Have you seen Rashford play in the last 18 months? Playing him is basically being a man down.

Djemba-Djemba

Absolutely fecking not.

We go into the season with Elanga as our main striker and we're battling relegation

pascell

Caf and playing players in obscure positions they've never played, got to love it, always gives a chuckle.

Remember Shaw LCB, Fred at LB, McTominay was touted for ST and I'm sure I saw someone say Lindelof at DM.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Caf and playing players in obscure positions they've never played, got to love it, always gives a chuckle.

Remember Shaw LCB, Fred at LB, McTominay was touted for ST and I'm sure I saw someone say Lindelof at DM.
I blame Fergie and Phil Jones..

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv

Can't speak to Fred at LB but all of the others have played in those positions at one time or another. McTominay himself came up through the youth system as a striker for instance.

pascell

Can't speak to Fred at LB but all of the others have played in those positions at one time or another. McTominay himself came up through the youth system as a striker for instance.
And they all failed in those positions, hence why they don't play them anymore, so the suggestion is moronic.

Trequarista10

I'd rather Bruno at false 9 if Ronaldo leaves and were unable to bring in a top quality striker. Would allow for 3 actual midfielders, provided we actually sign a couple.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Swedish Ronaldo.

Don't think it's the worst idea, but obviously he would need to do a lot of progression fast.

Lets be honest i'll be Martial up top as we know he can do the job and is decent with his back to goal.

Varun1

Agree with you, especially the comments about Shaw at LCB & AWB at RWB ... but i'd genuinely like to see how Elanga does at RWB.

But if we had to choose between Tony as ST or Elanga as ST, who would it be!

pascell

Agree with you, especially the comments about Shaw at LCB & AWB at RWB ... but i'd genuinely like to see how Elanga does at RWB.

But if we had to choose between Tony as ST or Elanga as ST, who would it be!
Tony as ST because he has experience playing the position.

Glorio

Feel the need to say this thread was started during the desperate depths of last season when Ronaldo was useless for a few months and we had no other choices. :nervous:

As a plan for the entry into a new season . . . :lol:
No thanks!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Isn't Elanga a striker though? We've played him wide right because of his age but I'm sure he's always been a striker in the youth sides.

BlueHaze

Old thread but fact is he's rubbish. Might sound harsh but it's a fact. He's a hard worker and for now it seems he's got a good attitude but for a club like this that is never enough. You need to be really good at what you do to shine here. Mason was an example of that but that cnut let the club down horribly. Elanga is just another average joe.