Gaming Elden Ring - Fromsoftware

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Been doing the Volcano manor stuff, and that mostly empty castle surrounded by a poison yesterday. Picked up a prosthetic arm and had to google what it was for. Looks like another side quest chain I need to veer off into. This game is huge.

Roux

I'm just praying there is some DLC expansions to this epic game - similar to DS3 and Bloodbourne.

largelyworried

I'm just praying there is some DLC expansions to this epic game - similar to DS3 and Bloodbourne.
Its certain they will, though it won't be easy to expand on the open world sections. Most obvious move would be one or two new legacy dungeons (which were my favourite parts anyway) with Miquella as the final boss.

Best case scenario they do what they did with Radahn/Mistwood and radically change the landscape based on some world event. Something churning up, say, the consecrated snowfield or mountain top for instance, to turn it into something resembling an open legacy dungeon. But that might be wishful thinking.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
They’ve done DLC for most of their games and given how popular this is I’d say it’s a given.
Guaranteed. They even have unused assets in the base game. Those big collloseum structures in Stormhill/Leyndell have fleshed out interiors so I expect some pvp arena will be it for the first

Which is a good thing. At peak hours the servers are struggling with all the traffic at Academy Gate

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Smashed though Lyndel and beat Morgot first time. Might be slightly overpowered now. :lol: Threw a summon sign down as well and wrecked him half a dozen times with some others which was great fun. Those rune arcs are incredibly powerful when combined with a Great Rune so always handy to get more.

Had a poke around Mountaintop of the Giants and that bloody death bird who appears in a few other places still gives me grief. Stupid thing. Enemies are noticably tougher.

Oh I beat Rykard first time as well and got the Blasphemous Blade (that was such a cool boss fight, the voice acting on that guy is excellent). Very tempted to respec and have a play about with it but just loving the dual twinblades still. They are useless on that rock creature on top of Altus Plateau though. Can't bleed rocks obviously.

Last edited:

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Doing the miracle buff that vastly negates holy damage makes the elden beast fight so muc.h easier as it stacks with the talisman that does the same. For once the final bosses aren't my brick wall anymore.

Gehrman

For players who do ng+ do you set a lvl cap or do you keeping levelling up? In other souls games a lot stop at 120-140 as that is where online play is most active, coop and pvp.

SuperiorXI

In NG+ I got to Margit within the first few minutes and just wrecked him, it was satisfying. I think I'll stop there, don't think I want to play through again, maybe in a few months.

Gehrman

Is there a way to find people you played with online on the ps5 like on the ps4?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The balance in this game is really off. Weapon arts are so powerful there's really no reason not to spam them. The Blasphemous Blade, corpse piler, flame of the redmanes, & Bloodhound Step are ridiculously OP. Even the nerfed stuff like Moonveil and Hoarfrost are still better than just using regular R1 and R2s.
Just spamming Moonveil over and over is also still much more cost effective than using spells. It costs feck all FP and does a ton of damage.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Respecced to something similar to this last night with the Blasphemous Blade and the Bestial Claw Talisman

It seems pretty 'meaty' but time will tell if I prefer it to the dual twinblade dex build I was enjoying. Certainly don't like the loss of vigor though I guess I have something to use from range now at least. Also I'm chugging through blue flasks like nobodies business.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Yes, I'm enjoying this build. Bit of a glass cannon against bosses because you don't get the HP regeneration that you do with mobs but power wise, it slaps. Nice to finally have range weapons as well.

Gehrman

Yes, I'm enjoying this build. Bit of a glass cannon against bosses because you don't get the HP regeneration that you do with mobs but power wise, it slaps. Nice to finally have range weapons as well.
The weapon skill gives hp against bosses. Great when you are A summon

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
:lol: Fire Giant perfectly encapsulates that FromSoft experience.

Walks into new area...boss fight activates... Get one shot killed with some move you've no chance of avoiding on the first encounter.

Can tell this is gonna be fun.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Sleep is a very poorly implemented mechanic.

95% of the time you immediately wake them up because you're hitting them anyway.

Gehrman

Yeah the pot guy you free near the start of the game who helps with Radahn as well. You can summon him in for the Fire Giant.
Cool. I think mimic tear or black knife tiche are better though since summons double the bosses hp bar if you have 1 summon. I think they must have nerfed fire giant though because he's seems easier now but maybe that's just because I'm more familiar with his moveset.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Cool. I think mimic tear or black knife tiche are better though since summons double the bosses hp bar if you have 1 summon. I think they must have nerfed fire giant though because he's seems easier now but maybe that's just because I'm more familiar with his moveset.
Still need to find black knife tiche actually. I only ever use mimic now so would be nice to have another option.

Also I went up to the site of grace on the forge after the boss fight and Melina asked if I was ready to commit a cardinal sin. Said no for now becase I don't want to be locked out of anything else I need to complete beforehand. Is this a point of no return in the game kind of thing?

Gehrman

Still need to find black knife tiche actually. I only ever use mimic now so would be nice to have another option.

Also I went up to the site of grace on the forge after the boss fight and Melina asked if I was ready to commit a cardinal sin. Said no for now becase I don't want to be locked out of anything else I need to complete beforehand. Is this a point of no return in the game kind of thing?
Yeah it is a point of no return with regards to some things. Won't spoiler it.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
:lol: Fire Giant perfectly encapsulates that FromSoft experience.

Walks into new area...boss fight activates... Get one shot killed with some move you've no chance of avoiding on the first encounter.

Can tell this is gonna be fun.
Whatever you do don't rage quit if you're on PC! I alt-f4 against Fire Giant and poof went my save file :/

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Whatever you do don't rage quit if you're on PC! I alt-f4 against Fire Giant and poof went my save file :/
Ouch. Read on. Beat him already ;)

Really don't want this game to end so no way am I progressing the stuff after him with Melina until I've mopped up enough sidequests/bosses etc...

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Just 1 ending and all the legendary armaments left and this will be my 2nd ever platinum trophy.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Playing through Dark Souls really made me realise a significant part of the difficulty of that game is the shite controls and the weird way the camera reacts to terrain. Walking on a ledge in blight town and the camera just turns 90 degrees without warning resulting in me taking a plunge.

Still a fantastic game though.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Got the platinum the other day. It's actually an easy platinum (it seems like a lot of people own it if you look at the percent) but it is time-consuming if you didn't do any save scumming. But it's very straightforward, really. Which means I'm finally done with the game!

Incredible experience, but I need to move on to something way less demanding.

Gehrman

Got the platinum the other day. It's actually an easy platinum (it seems like a lot of people own it if you look at the percent) but it is time-consuming if you didn't do any save scumming. But it's very straightforward, really. Which means I'm finally done with the game!

I'm trying to get platinum, but under a hidden trophy I can see its defeating mogh which I have done loads of times. Above I already have the trophy of beating him so it must be a bug. Its only the frenzied flame ending I haven't done.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

I just need 1 ending now. I agree this platinum was easy, though not without a guide to see where and what all the legendary items are.

Now people who have the Devil May Cry 5 platinum, those are bad ass. (I miss 2 trophies for that :()

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I'm trying to get platinum, but under a hidden trophy I can see its defeating mogh which I have done loads of times. Above I already have the trophy of beating him so it must be a bug. Its only the frenzied flame ending I haven't done.
There are two Mohg's in the game. Mohg, Lord of Blood, and Mohg, the Omen. So that may be the issue perhaps? I haven't heard of a bugged trophy for that.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I just need 1 ending now. I agree this platinum was easy, though not without a guide to see where and what all the legendary items are.

Now people who have the Devil May Cry 5 platinum, those are bad ass. (I miss 2 trophies for that :()
Yeah, that's true. I say easy, but without a guide, I would be here for another month. I already sank 120 hours into the game as it is.

That DMC 5 platinum is a hard one. I know because I had the game and was looking at the trophies. I did not get the platinum!