Gaming Elden Ring - Fromsoftware

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Got to lyndell royal capital last night. Quiet the place. Not sure if I'm under-leveled but I'm getting one-shotted a lot. Also, there doesn't seem to be many sites of grace in the area. I may be just running past them and not noticing. But as a result, when I die, I end up going way back and having to run the gauntlet again. Which is something I haven't really experienced in this game which makes it different from the other From games.

Irwin99

Put shabri amulet on, it makes mobs aggro you, then summon the mimic, then remove shabri off yourself and you have a super good tank vs bosses since the mimic spawns woth the setup you had at moment of the call. Not sure if this is cheese or intended but the amulet makes the mimic aggro a lot better. Upgrade it to minimum +9 preferably +10.

Knight Oleg is great tanky and Rollo is great on breaking stances.

Aggro amulet on yourself all the time and Lataenna works great too as you kite and she snipes.
That amulet idea sounds great-was wondering what possible use it could have but that makes sense. Thanks.
Is this Radahn? If so, just focusing on keeping your distance and letting the spawns do the work. And yes, there is a phase 2 and I will say no more.
No, I have beaten him thankfully. There are 4 optional bosses towards the end of the game in an area that's not necessary for the game's completion. I'm right before the final boss area of the main story but the game gives you an option to explore another area where there are some really awful bosses/enemies.

Kaos

Got to lyndell royal capital last night. Quiet the place. Not sure if I'm under-leveled but I'm getting one-shotted a lot. Also, there doesn't seem to be many sites of grace in the area. I may be just running past them and not noticing. But as a result, when I die, I end up going way back and having to run the gauntlet again. Which is something I haven't really experienced in this game which makes it different from the other From games.
Yeah its a classic souls dungeon. Brutal and labyrinth like. Those crossbow feckers in particular are nasty, they manage to pretty much 1-2 shot me even though I was around level 100 with about 40 vigor. But in classic souls fashion, the bosses there are no where near as hard :lol:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Yeah its a classic souls dungeon. Brutal and labyrinth like. Those crossbow feckers in particular are nasty, they manage to pretty much 1-2 shot me even though I was around level 100 with about 40 vigor. But in classic souls fashion, the bosses there are no where near as hard :lol:
Those knights with the lightning attacks are driving me nuts. They also seem to have a massive range. You think you're far enough back to heal or whatever, then they lunge like 20 feet. Dead.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Is there anything worse than trying to roll away (towards the camera) and realising you're rolling into a tree or a column.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Is this from the rooftop? You have to get down to ground level and take a right down some stairs before the Erdtree Avatar.
Is there anything worse than trying to roll away (towards the camera) and realising you're rolling into a tree or a column.
Or rolling off a cliff…

Bebe

Beat Godrick last night and my heart was thumping. FromSoft can keep releasing bigger versions of the same game for the rest of time as far as I'm concerned, I don't know how I'd ever get bored of this.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Is this from the rooftop? You have to get down to ground level and take a right down some stairs before the Erdtree Avatar.
The site of grace, you mean? Yeah, think so. I walk out the room and look down over the city. As is said, I'm probably just running past them or just not seeing them. I'll jump on later and have a look around more carefully.

Mercurial

That amulet idea sounds great-was wondering what possible use it could have but that makes sense. Thanks.
It's effective for sure! That amulet is very interesting since it alters core game mechanics both directions depending your needs to aggro or let mimic aggro. I played Comet Azur / Moon mage and having a meat shield between me and the Mob is great vs ultra mobile, aggressive and angry bosses since the spells have a bit of a windup.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Stuff happening in Ukraine is pretty bad

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Also I found an hour earlier to play on it (I’ve only played two hours altogether so my character is base level still) and ended up in some cave I got caught in through a smoky chest. Kept getting one shotted by a prawn thing while trying to get out but managed to collect quite a few runes along the way. Then found an item in my inventory which returns me to the last checkpoint thing while sacrificing all the runes I’d collected but I didn’t care I just wanted to get out of the cave at this point.

Turns out the last check point was the same spot I’d been respawning for the last hour because of course it was that’s what a checkpoint is.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Also I found an hour earlier to play on it (I’ve only played two hours altogether so my character is base level still) and ended up in some cave I got caught in through a smoky chest. Kept getting one shotted by a prawn thing while trying to get out but managed to collect quite a few runes along the way. Then found an item in my inventory which returns me to the last checkpoint thing while sacrificing all the runes I’d collected but I didn’t care I just wanted to get out of the cave at this point.

Turns out the last check point was the same spot I’d been respawning for the last hour because of course it was that’s what a checkpoint is.
Yeah you’re meant to get fecked up there. Don’t use that thing that loses all your runes. Just find a safe spot, bring up your map and select a site of grace.

Woodzy

Beat Malenia tonight. Spent about 3 hours playing this evening, a lot of that was getting through the Haligtree area which was a fecking shit show in itself.

More luck than skill tbh, hoping my mimic survives through most of phase 2 and also hoping she doesn‘t do one or two of those attacks that are almost impossible to dodge and kill you in one.

She also used that Scarlet Rot attack a few times on the attempt I beat her, which is easy to avoid and allows you some free hits afterwards which really helped. The ending was one of those classic moments where you can the boss only needs a hit or two so mash your buttons to try and get it done.

Anyway, pure luck but I’m taking it. Going to Google some unmissable bosses tomorrow night and then call it quits on my time with the game. Definitely an all time favourite overall.

Irwin99

I hate Mohg with a passion. I can get his health down to half easily but then he does his cheesy moveset and just... feck him!!! :mad:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
feck this shit. Who the hell put Predator in this game? That thing in Liturgial Town is impossible. I know you don’t have to kill it to light the candles but the OCD in me must kill everything once. This was the first time I gave up.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I hate Mohg with a passion. I can get his health down to half easily but then he does his cheesy moveset and just... feck him!!! :mad:
I struggled with him for a long time. Also, for me at least, in turns into a psychological thing. If i fail on a boss again and again i tend to get passive and defensive, more concerned with surviving than doing damage.

For him thats a terrible strategy, and once i just said "feck it" and went super aggresive, i took him down.

feck this shit. Who the hell put Predator in this game? That thing in Liturgial Town is impossible. I know you don’t have to kill it to light the candles but the OCD in me must kill everything once. This was the first time I gave up.
Yeah, feck that shit. I just ran past it

Woodzy

Just run away. There’s only one candle on the ground anyway. Apparently there’s a torch you can buy somewhere that will let you see invisible enemies.

Either way, get ready, the next area is far more annoying.

Nickosaur

Defeated my first two bosses last night (if you exclude that Godrick soldier in the tutorial)

The Beastman of Farum Azula was pretty easy. I summoned the wolves which did most of the fighting for me.
Then the Erdtree Burial Dog thing which I found a lot tougher - the wolves were pretty useless but I did a lot of rolling and chipped away slowly, had to use all 5 flasks though.

Not sure where to head next. The game seems to want me to go to through the arch to that Castle but there's a mean looking giant up on that ledge. Might see how tough he is tonight but guessing I'll be underlevelled (i'm lvl20)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Defeated my first two bosses last night (if you exclude that Godrick soldier in the tutorial)

The Beastman of Farum Azula was pretty easy. I summoned the wolves which did most of the fighting for me.
Then the Erdtree Burial Dog thing which I found a lot tougher - the wolves were pretty useless but I did a lot of rolling and chipped away slowly, had to use all 5 flasks though.

Not sure where to head next. The game seems to want me to go to through the arch to that Castle but there's a mean looking giant up on that ledge. Might see how tough he is tonight but guessing I'll be underlevelled (i'm lvl20)
Before you do the castle, explore Limgrave and cross the bridge in the South East to do that area and the Weeping Peninsula.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Before you do the castle, explore Limgrave and cross the bridge in the South East to do that area and the Weeping Peninsula.
Actually, maybe try and take on the giant and get yourself to the next site of grace. You get your horse then.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
How does this level recommendation guide sit with those who have completed the game?

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Recommended+Level+by+Location

I'm trying not to be over/under leveled whilst I progress so I can get the right amount of rage inducing challenge :lol:
I reckon so. I did stormveil castle at around level 20 and am at the plateau at 50, and they are both a fair challenge so it seems right to have 5-10 levels above. It depends more on weapon levels though, I'd also be careful upgrading them too much. Doesn't hurt to have something very decent held back just in case you come across one of the many unfair fights though ;)

Irwin99

I struggled with him for a long time. Also, for me at least, in turns into a psychological thing. If i fail on a boss again and again i tend to get passive and defensive, more concerned with surviving than doing damage.

For him thats a terrible strategy, and once i just said "feck it" and went super aggresive, i took him down.
Beat him on my first try today. Quite easily too....probably just got lucky but it's amazing how you can struggle so much and then something will just click on a random attempt.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
I reckon so. I did stormveil castle at around level 20 and am at the plateau at 50, and they are both a fair challenge so it seems right to have 5-10 levels above. It depends more on weapon levels though, I'd also be careful upgrading them too much. Doesn't hurt to have something very decent held back just in case you come across one of the many unfair fights though ;)
What's the level 50 plateau? I did the castle at 20 as well since I basically beelined to it from the start. Doing the weeping peninsula just after the castle and it feels a tad easier than it should be!

I'm still using all the starting gear with one upgrade on my sword!

Redlambs

What's the level 50 plateau? I did the castle at 20 as well since I basically beelined to it from the start. Doing the weeping peninsula just after the castle and it feels a tad easier than it should be!

I'm still using all the starting gear with one upgrade on my sword!
Atlas, that fextra guide says 60-80. I haven't explored too much, but the early enemies are pretty tough enemies so I reckon 55-75 is probably closer.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
How does this level recommendation guide sit with those who have completed the game?

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Recommended+Level+by+Location

I'm trying not to be over/under leveled whilst I progress so I can get the right amount of rage inducing challenge :lol:
it's weird cause I did the lake of rot before the atlus plateau and was like level 90 then and annihilating everything, and around 100+ for the Royal Capital, and again, smashing through shit. And I didn't rune farm at all so it's pretty easy to get "over" levelled for the game. I can't imagine hitting Atlus at 60 or the Capital at 80 unless you're actively skipping lots of content.

Redlambs

it's weird cause I did the lake of rot before the atlus plateau and was like level 90 then and annihilating everything, and around 100+ for the Royal Capital, and again, smashing through shit. And I didn't rune farm at all so it's pretty easy to get "over" levelled for the game. I can't imagine hitting Atlus at 60 or the Capital at 80 unless you're actively skipping lots of content.
Or, like me, you are holding on to and losing a lots of runes in an effort not to be over-levelled.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Meanwhile I’m squeezing everything out of every last rune and trying to cheese every difficult boss.

Chairman Steve

Out of fear of being over levelled in the game (and ruining the challenge), I just head to the merchants and buy stuff with my runes, rather than level up every time I have a ton to use.

There‘s no better feeling that spending between 5-10 minutes on a boss where you are competently dodging its attacks, in all phases of the battle.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just went back to the lake of rot. fecking dragonkin fecker popping up to make things even harder.

Siorac

To anyone who ever struggled on Margit: if you finish the game, run straight to him in NG+.

It's highly satisfying to make him your bitch in about 4-5 hits.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Bit confused in the lake of rot. I have made some big platforms get raised up but i’m not sure how to get to them? There’s a boss battle to the left I’m avoiding but I already pressed the platform there. Can’t find any more.

Edit: Nvm figured it out.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Bit confused in the lake of rot. I have made some big platforms get raised up but i’m not sure how to get to them? There’s a boss battle to the left I’m avoiding but I already pressed the platform there. Can’t find any more.
I think there were a couple of platforms to raise before you could get up there, then the ladder to get up there was down on the southern edge of the lake, east of the entrance to the Grand Cloister area.

There's a fairly tough mob that drops this, and a Somber Smithing Stone (9) you can loot from a corpse up there.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think there were a couple of platforms to raise before you could get up there, then the ladder to get up there was down on the southern edge of the lake, east of the entrance to the Grand Cloister area.

There's a fairly tough mob that drops this, and a Somber Smithing Stone (9) you can loot from a corpse up there.
Yeah I got the smithing stone 9 that I needed. Cheers!