Eliaqim Mangala

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
:lol:

It's amazing how that rumour has gained ground on this forum. That was literally just one comment made by some random guy on Bluemoon that has seemingly taken off, I can't even remember if he said it as a joke or it was just conjecture.
Whether true or not he was doing well at Schalke before picking up a serious injury. Hope he can get his career back on track.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
We still thank the lord that Mancini played him out of position, which allowed us to convince the player to hand in a transfer request to Bayern.

Those 13.5 million Euros were money well invested, Boateng is one of our most important players. Just imagine Kompany alongside Boateng in this City team. It would be disgustingly good and arguably the best CB partnership in the world.

That being said, maybe Boateng would have never developed this way at City. It certainly didn't look like his makeshift role as a fullback was going to change anytime soon.
Boateng didn't really want to come to City in the first place and was a sulky mard arse all the time he was here.
Superb player now though :)

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
1 goal in 8 games conceded with Vinny in the side (PL).
But he hardly plays and has no solid partner. He is also not as good as he used to be and when you factor in the injuries you have to ask yourself are his best days behind him already.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
But he hardly plays and has no solid partner. He is also not as good as he used to be and when you factor in the injuries you have to ask yourself are his best days behind him already.
The injuries speak for themselves but his form at start of season was as good as ever.
He's at an age where mentally he's at his peak to play the position.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
We still thank the lord that Mancini played him out of position, which allowed us to convince the player to hand in a transfer request to Bayern.

Those 13.5 million Euros were money well invested, Boateng is one of our most important players. Just imagine Kompany alongside Boateng in this City team. It would be disgustingly good and arguably the best CB partnership in the world.

That being said, maybe Boateng would have never developed this way at City. It certainly didn't look like his makeshift role as a fullback was going to change anytime soon.
I don't know a single City fan who regrets the decision to sell Boateng, most were happy we managed to profit on him. At City he was consistently average and couldn't have looked more disinterested if he tried. I don't recall Boateng handing in a transfer request either, the decision for him to leave was entirely mutual.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Luiz usually plays well for PSG.
Most of the time PSG is just utterly dominant against their opposition, until they meet the big boys in the CL. Luiz was awful in PSG's tie against Barça last year. He looks ok next to Silva though, who's a fantastic defender (Mangala would probably look competent next to Silva).

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
He's hilariously mistake prone. Even worse when you consider the price tag.

RedDevil@84

The hype in that summer about him.. :lol::lol::lol:
I bet many Utd fans were also miffed about missing out on a top defender

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Not in the CL squad and put on transfer list.
£42m down the drain.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Not in the CL squad and put on transfer list.
£42m down the drain.

Anustart89

Watch them get a ridiculously high portion of the transfer fee back.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
I don't see how they can possibly get even 50% of it back, anybody even in today's market would be foolish to pay £20m for him. He's been atrocious since the day he joined, constantly making mistakes and giving goals away and I don't think I've ever seen him have a game where he's turned up and kept a good striker in his pocket.

Was pretty decent/promising at Porto but no way worth £42m, he's regressed massively since then. In a time where he should have been in his prime learning years as a CB he's gone backwards.

Anustart89

I don't see how they can possibly get even 50% of it back, anybody even in today's market would be foolish to pay £20m for him. He's been atrocious since the day he joined, constantly making mistakes and giving goals away and I don't think I've ever seen him have a game where he's turned up and kept a good striker in his pocket.

Was pretty decent/promising at Porto but no way worth £42m, he's regressed massively since then. In a time where he should have been in his prime learning years as a CB he's gone backwards.
The fact that Chelsea doubled their money for Djilobodji shows that the market is absolutely bonkers and nothing can be predicted.

padr81

Supports
Man City
We have dropped some clangers at City RSC, Jo (70% of Hughes players) but Mangala will finish as our biggest mistake. Mangala has everything to be a top defender except the brain, Like Micah Richards before he got too big and slow. Good pace, agile for a centre back, strong and the way he dealt with Zlatan and a couple of brilliant performances against Chelsea CL shows he can defend when he gets it right and more importantly has to constantly defend so can't switch off. His problem is his mind and his absolute lack of positioning, constantly crossing over the other centre back all down to poor concentration and the final nail from Pep is he is absolutely useless with the ball.

I like the guy cause he gives his all. He's kind of like Richard Dunne, in a team where he's constantly under pressure, he'll probably look a great defender because he'll be surrounded by others, in a big team where your main requirement is to be switched on for the entire games and not get caught out of position to counter attacks he's found wanting. Its a pity because the potential was there but imho if he does end up a top defender it will 5-6 years before his mental game comes on, if it ever does.

namco

Wouldn't put it past them to sell him to the NYC franchise for $100 Mill. They could then put it through the City books as profit.

Devastated at this news. Was really hoping Pep was going to give him another chance. Him & Otto produced some defensive comedy gold during their short time together.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
One of the worst signings ever made in PL history.

ti vu

I have my doubt. With his wage (rumored at 100k per week), offloading him is hard enough, let alone asking other teams to pay a ridiculous fee for him. Fee may be crazy, but good potential defender is only around 30mil mark: Bailly, Shaw... A regressed/ stagnated defender on high wage would do well to get in between 20 mil and 30 mil region, especially his destination is more likely smaller teams than going to big teams.

Last edited:

starman

No one is going to pay anywhere close to what they signed him for.

Suprised they dont just loan him. He has no confidence in his play like he did at Porto

MounchesterUtd

The tools are clearly there, it's just an insane lack of confidence plus something inside him is not just clicking. Maybe it really is the weather? I think people also expected too much from him due to his price tag. He's not going to be a Gimenez who's shown potential to be the next GOAT CB, he was always going to be a long term development job.

I'd like to see him at Atleti and I bet Cholo can turn him into a Top 10 CB in the world. Mangala and 10m for Oliver Torres? Mangala gets to learn from a real leader at the back in Godin, Torres gets his playing time, City gets to save face and a successor to Silva for them to groom, and Atletico gets another potential long term option to pair up with the already impressive Gimenez.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Surely a loan would be the best thing for him now?
Totally agree. His price right now is not going to be great and many clubs would probably like to take him on loan compared to the amount willing to spend £15m+ on him. He seems a very nice guy who works really hard so I wish him the best but he's just failed to take his chances at City, he has the potential to become a good defender still so a positive loan spell could be beneficial for all concerned.

Nick7

Been horrendous for City at times. Strikes me as a played that will tumble for the next couple of years but end up at a team like Sevilla or at Italian team and turn into a decent player with murmurs of a big move

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The problem is that he hasn't played a lot for Porto, I think that he spent 4 years there and only played around 60 games with the first team. They bought a potential and treated him like a finish product.

ti vu

The tools are clearly there, it's just an insane lack of confidence plus something inside him is not just clicking. Maybe it really is the weather? I think people also expected too much from him due to his price tag. He's not going to be a Gimenez who's shown potential to be the next GOAT CB, he was always going to be a long term development job.

I'd like to see him at Atleti and I bet Cholo can turn him into a Top 10 CB in the world. Mangala and 10m for Oliver Torres? Mangala gets to learn from a real leader at the back in Godin, Torres gets his playing time, City gets to save face and a successor to Silva for them to groom, and Atletico gets another potential long term option to pair up with the already impressive Gimenez.
If that can even be a possibility, I can give a kidney for us to throw Rojo + 20 mil.

TJSF

Supports
Benfica
The problem is that he hasn't played a lot for Porto, I think that he spent 4 years there and only played around 60 games with the first team. They bought a potential and treated him like a finish product.
Sounds like a poor scouting job for City.