Ella Toone

Alex the Red

It was pretty awful play acting from the Spurs player. It’s sad if that sort of thing is starting to infect the women’s game as well now.
I agree. That’s one of the things that makes watching women’s football so refreshing, the lack of dramatics and complaining to the ref.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
About her role for United and England:

“I think it’s finding those pockets of space and getting on the ball and being brave [enough] to make something happen.

“I try and get on the ball and create things in the final third.

“I think from both managers, it has given me the freedom and have confidence and belief in me to go out there and show what I can do.
About playing with Russo:

“We’re joined at the hip! We’re best friends.

“We love playing together, we love being around each other, we love each other’s company, and that will never change.

“Right now we’re at England and we’re spending every day together and we’re playing football together and that’s the main thing.”

top1whoisman

Scout
I strongly recommend watching the whole video behind the link. Love it how our beloved club acknowledges the important people behind the scenes.

Last edited:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Met Ella today - she was great. Chatted about the Cup Final and the League - said she's confident for both!

Jacob

Are you guys genuinely interested in women's football?

Lightbringer

Why would we not be?

I support two teams in the football world. Hammarby in sweden and Manchester United. I watch and support the women and mens team of each club equally and enjoy both teams games just as much.

Are you asking the same question to the 60 000+ people who watched Arsenal-Wolfsburg in womens CL last week? Or the 100 000 that watched englands last game?

Or the people going to the sold FA cup final between Chelsea and United?

arthurka

I have two girls and they are really excited for Utd and more the women than the mens team. I watch a lot of games with them and many of them have been quite good fun so I am going with yeah on this one.

top1whoisman

Scout
What do you mean? Are you genuinely interested in men's football?

I’m interested in football. Whichever gender it is played by.

Last edited:

Glorio

Have you watched the United team? Very entertaining attacking football.

Almost always goals galore, and very well worked goals at that.

MVP_88

yes, we’re top of the WSL and in a cup final on Sunday (at a sold out Wembley at that!) as a United fan I want everything Manchester United to be the best!
They show a lot of their games on BBC.

MVP_88

I am. My main complaint is that games aren't televised or I would watch much more. I got MUTV just for this but they stopped showing live games as well so I'm having to try FA Player if I need to catch a game.
They show a lot of their games on BBC.

top1whoisman

Scout
“I’ve seen everything that’s gone on in the five years and I’ve seen where we were and where we are now, and still where we want to get to.

“I think the levels that we’ve reached as a team over those five years… we’ve never stopped working hard and we’ve never stopped fighting for what we believe in and what we want to do with this club.

“To be on that journey, right from the very start, is special.”

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Incredibly under rated player is Toone,

Maybe finally getting the recognition she deserves.

Demon Barber

Incredibly under rated player is Toone,

Maybe finally getting the recognition she deserves.
Last week The Guardian published itts top 100 women players in the world, rated by a multitude of international journalists, pundits, coaches, former players etc.

From United only Toone, Earps and Miyazawa made the list (Toone at 66th).Unsurprisingly, Barcelona had 8 in the top 11.

Stunning goal from Toone against Newcastle.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
It's terrific recognition for Ella. Her form since the Euros has been a bit erratic, especially in front of goal but she's still been turning in consistently good performances and scoring some memorable goals.

For regular watchers of women's football it's a bit of a surprising team though:

Not much representation from Spain or from Barca. Lots of WSL players and even more lionesses. Plus it's hard not to see Morgan's inclusion as a kind of long service award.

Incidentally there are a lot of United links in there - currently, Earps and Toone and historically Greenwood, James and Russo. For a young team we've had some top players.

StretfordEnd78

Hopefully Ella will get 100. Team legend already IMO. At 24. Really good performance yesterday and her game awareness is underrated outside LSV.