Elon Musk | Owner of X

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
For you: Oh here's endless bollocks from the right wing and racist feckers.

Yeah mine has 100% got worse now for all this. I used to flick between the two and never had an issue, now the "for you" tab is endless garbage from these scumbags.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Honestly, you can get away with doing anything in America, as long as it's in the name of 'freedom'. I love the way someone's always paying the price for 'freedom' also.
It’s not about the US in this case, it’s about Musk fiddling with algorithms within the company he now owns.

crossy1686

career ending
It’s not about the US in this case, it’s about Musk fiddling with algorithms within the company he now owns.
I know, but the freedom line gets me every time. Musk can't help himself, he's trying to force this vision of a thing that nobody wants. This global town square sounds like a nightmare where people just scream at each other the people with the biggest pockets have the biggest voice. I hope it burns to the ground, social media has had it's day anyway.

mu4c_20le

If the intention is letting people see more of the other side, ie outside their comfort zone, I wonder if right wing based accounts are also getting more liberal ads and tweet recommendations.

maximus419

If the intention is letting people see more of the other side, ie outside their comfort zone, I wonder if right wing based accounts are also getting more liberal ads and tweet recommendations.
Musk is a far right nutter and basically a threat to peace and stability, he wants controversy and chaos. So I'll let you work out the answer to your question.

nimic

something nice
Scout
He's not a far right nutter, no more than any other grifter like Trump is.
He's definitely right-wing. For Trump the grift is obvious, he's made an absolute shitload of money from donations and fund-raising. But Musk's culture war moves have actively hurt him. It's cost him... I mean, what? Billions at least. Tens of billions? Is it a hundred yet?

Redlambs

He's definitely right-wing. For Trump the grift is obvious, he's made an absolute shitload of money from donations and fund-raising. But Musk's culture war moves have actively hurt him. It's cost him... I mean, what? Billions at least. Tens of billions? Is it a hundred yet?
He's not a "far right nutter".

I mean considering his background and all that, he probably should be, but there's some semblance of humanity in him. I'd argue that he really did love the Tony Stark comparisons, he truly loved the stoner stuff, he is always and will always be looking for attention. Whilst I'd definitely say he has the same kind of mental thoughts as right wingers, I'm certain he is just latching on to a fanbase no matter their political views.

It's a slippery slope, but he's not one of the people he's grifting. Again, no more than Trump is.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Musk gives the impression of being so damaged and emotionally retarded that I honestly think his politics will always skew towards whoever gives him the love/attention he craves. As soon as the always online tech bros/incels/gamergate/nerds/whatever started hailing him as the new messiah his politics inevitably drifted to the libertarian right, as that went down better with his base.

Although it obviously helps that these politics are the most likely to allow the mega rich hold onto their billions.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Exactly the same! Never seen so much from Kelvin Mackenzie!
Kelvin Mackenzie
Darren Grimes
Sophie Cocoran
Dan Wootton
Laurence Fox
Julia Hartley Brewer
Allison Pearson
Dan Hodges
Piers Morgan
Elon Musk

I do not follow any of these people. I do not like any of their content or any content that is in the vein of what they post yet my timeline is awash with all of them. I also make a point of never interacting with these posts.

To be honest it’s probably all stuff @esmufc07 os retweeting.

Redlambs

Musk gives the impression of being so damaged and emotionally retarded that I honestly think his politics will always skew towards whoever gives him the love/attention he craves. As soon as the always online tech bros/incels/gamergate/nerds/whatever started hailing him as the new messiah his politics inevitably drifted to the libertarian right, as that went down better with his base.

Although it obviously helps that these politics are the most likely to allow the mega rich hold onto their billions.
Yup.

mu4c_20le

Politically he's always leaned Conservative, like most other rich businessmen. His behavior in recent years suggest he's been drinking the kool aid when he's bored, watching too many youtube videos and lurking 4chan. It's not just right wing, it's bordering on Qanon alt right stuff. If he just wanted attention, he was already a bit of a media darling with Tesla and SpaceX. He used to be seen as this cool guy into building rockets, economically viable EVs and earth politics were beneath him. All he needed to do was continue that path if it was simply love that he craved.

Jericholyte2

Kelvin Mackenzie
Darren Grimes
Sophie Cocoran
Dan Wootton
Laurence Fox
Julia Hartley Brewer
Allison Pearson
Dan Hodges
Piers Morgan
Elon Musk

I do not follow any of these people. I do not like any of their content or any content that is in the vein of what they post yet my timeline is awash with all of them. I also make a point of never interacting with these posts.

To be honest it’s probably all stuff @esmufc07 os retweeting.
All of them too!!! feck me Sophie Corcoran gets on my tits!!!

It’s always a ‘You Might Like This’ tweet that’s from Jacob Rees-Mogg or some other twat!

stoinz

Yes exactly, he lean whichever way that gives him the most advantage. The only thing that he cares about is himself.

He has been pretty low key for a while, seems like his shareholders have finally gotten through to him.

atkar83

Trump is absolutely a far right nutter.
Trump really doesn't have any affinity for normal right wing ideology. He just knows they're the only gullible ones who would fall for his empty rhetoric. He does crave power though, in a way a narcissistic person would, but it's not based on right wing ideology. He just said things to make the right vote for him

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Trump really doesn't have any affinity for normal right wing ideology. He just knows they're the only gullible ones who would fall for his empty rhetoric. He does crave power though, in a way a narcissistic person would, but it's not based on right wing ideology. He just said things to make the right vote for him
I think his actions betray a different conviction. He tried to build a wall on the mexican border, he adored Putin and trusted his word over the word of his own intelligence agencies. He basically steered for the dissolution of NATO. He railed against the free media as an 'enemy of the people'. He continuously empowered white supremacist factions. He assured that the power base of the republican party took a hard turn to the far right. And of course, he literally tried to stage a coup d'etat. If being the most fascist political leader in the history of the United States isn't enough to be far right, I don't know what is.

If he were merely saying things that were far right, he would not have actually done all those far right things, but simply continued with business as usual whilst throwing out empty lines as most republicans do.

One could try to argue perhaps that he also did all these things merely for populist reasons, but that is to my mind an empty argument. His actions and words are wholly congruent with the far right. As such he is inescapably a far right politician. In fact, no one has done more for far right politics in the US than Trump.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

He's a bad person through and through and cares for no one.

atkar83

If a person tells you who they are, believe them.
So when he says he loves the Bible but when asked what his favorite verse is he says "all of it", I should just believe that he's a devout Christian?

The racist stuff is all him, but the right wing talking points (abortion, religion in schools, gay/women's rights, etc) he couldn't care less about before 2015.

Lemoor

Why does the distinction between far right nutter and grifter who pretends to be a far right nutter 100% of the time even matter that much?

Cloud7

Why does the distinction between far right nutter and grifter who pretends to be a far right nutter 100% of the time even matter that much?
Exactly. If your words and actions are of a particular nature, it really doesn't matter what your thoughts on it actually are if you are living it.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs

Naw, he's just another narcissistic, somewhat sociopathic rich guy. I've encountered dozens just like him, they just weren't in the mega-rich category and own a platform like twitter. But there is nothing unique about his personality.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Didn’t he say he was only running as a republican
because they were the only ones stupid enough to vote for him?
Even if he did, his actions show him to be a far right nutter.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
There's plenty of people in the U.S. who crave power and could simply 'say things' to get political support, but most have not come anywhere near what Trump achieved.

He does have affinity to right-wing ideas. He was way ahead of the curve in boosting the 'Obama birth certificate' stuff, for example. He wasn't just "playing to the base", when he ran for president he said things that everyone, including right-wingers, assumed would tank his campaign, but they didn't. He knew what to say because he was in that world, he consumes all that stuff.

What he doesn't have affinity for is anything that comes out of religious beliefs.

He is exactly what you'd expect of somebody who was relentlessly bullied growing up and then made a ton of money and got famous. If you wrote that character for a book you might as well call it Elon Musk.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Personally I think the person who knows he speaks evil, but does it anyway for profit is worse than the ignorant person who falls for the honeyed words of the former.

Right wingers exist in 2 types: stupid or evil.