Elon Musk | Owner of X

Kristjan

Retired Dictator
Also, per Twitter so who knows if real, the guy stucutred the buyout this way (salary instead of lump sum) in order to maximize his tax burden.
This is true. Halli wanted this structured this way to pay maximum taxes in Iceland to, according to himself, pay back the benefits he has enjoyed from society here.

NoLogo

They’re the ones. Not sure why musk is courting them and alienating the would be Tesla buyers.
It's really a strange thing, usually you try to appeal to your core customers but he seems to go for the opposite, aliante as many potential customers as possible. But it's not like he makes any new friends among the MAGA crowd, they will use him to piss of liberals but Bannon has made it pretty clear what he and probably a lot more Q-Idiots think of him.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I never knew I gave even a modicum of a feck about Twitter until it started not working properly quite often. I want to read through the cognitive dissonance of the Dutch alt right on Twitter after their lunatic fascist party was decimated in the elections, but no dice :(

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
No extremists are good, on either side, fullstop. But it's the left wing extremists that effect your day to day life. Right wing extremists have no voice, have no power, and have no influence on society. Left wing extremists get entertainment changed, companies to change products, get people fired, get businesses closed, get education changed, get fecking plastic straws banned, there are a powerful group with a lot of influence on our society, one of the most influential.
I think you must live in some parallel universe very different from this world.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
No extremists are good, on either side, fullstop. But it's the left wing extremists that effect your day to day life. Right wing extremists have no voice, have no power, and have no influence on society. Left wing extremists get entertainment changed, companies to change products, get people fired, get businesses closed, get education changed, get fecking plastic straws banned, there are a powerful group with a lot of influence on our society, one of the most influential.

This must be a wind up? Surely? If not, it's right up there with the most naive, blinkered, ignorant load of bollocks I have ever read on the Internet.

Absolutely fecking laughable bullshit on an unprecedented level.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
This must be a wind up? Surely? If not, it's right up there with the most naive, blinkered, ignorant load of bollocks I have ever read on the Internet.

Not unprecedented, there's plenty more of it around if you care to look

Tarrou

perspectives like that one show how effective the rights strategy is in the “culture war”..

they’ve repackaged social issues like equal rights for trans folk into a serious threat to the fabric of society

langster

Scout
Not unprecedented, there's plenty more of it around if you care to look

Oh I know that, it's just that particular post was just one that stood out for me. It's just so wrong and ignorant I feel it must be a wind up or written by someone who is absolutely not on this planet.

langster

Scout
perspectives like that one show how effective the rights strategy is in the “culture war”..

they’ve repackaged social issues like equal rights for trans folk into a serious threat to the fabric of society
I agree completely, whilst simultaneously ignoring the fact it's the right banning or cancelling abortion, books, history taught in school, comedians who they find offensive, and any other thing/person/joke/ they don't agree with.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

It's got to be a bot or a paid right wing shill. My fear is it's neither and sci-fi type dystopia is very near. All I got from his post was pretending to think extremism is bad in any form and then only focusing on left. Meaning he's very happy, given the choice, to go right wing extremism - which is where we're headed anyway thanks to loonies like him.

TLDR; he prefers fascism, and soon, Nazism to the 'woke crap' of 'the other side' if those were the only choices.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
It's got to be a bot or a paid right wing shill. My fear is it's neither and sci-fi type dystopia is very near. All I got from his post was pretending to think extremism is bad in any form and then only focusing on left. Meaning he's very happy, given the choice, to go right wing extremism - which is where we're headed anyway thanks to loonies like him.

TLDR; he prefers fascism, and soon, Nazism to the 'woke crap' of 'the other side' if those were the only choices.
I think the right was losing the culture war so they pivoted to morality policing and cancellation, as a last gasp attempt at relevancy and claw back some power.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
This is either cutting and passably funny. Or the dumbest thing I’ve ever read.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’ll be surprised if Tesla exists in 10 years time if Musk can’t be ousted.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I’ll be surprised if Tesla exists in 10 years time if Musk can’t be ousted.
When the big boys will catch up, tesla will have nothing to offer with or without musk.

After model 3 in 2017, they didnt present any new model or any relevant features

WPMUFC

When the big boys will catch up, tesla will have nothing to offer with or without musk.

After model 3 in 2017, they didnt present any new model or any relevant features
I think you're right, but I think in true Elon fashion he'll see the writing on the wall and sell the husk of the company to one of the big players. I don't see Tesla manufacturing vehicles in the future, they'll morph into some vague technology/services division for one of the brands.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

The big boys can be there tomorrow. They’re just making the decision not to do it because there is still extensive profits in petrol vehicles.

If I was tesla investor, I would be pushing focus on battery tech to sell to big car companies. Same thing Brembo does with brakes and ohlins with suspension.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I think you're right, but I think in true Elon fashion he'll see the writing on the wall and sell the husk of the company to one of the big players. I don't see Tesla manufacturing vehicles in the future, they'll morph into some vague technology/services division for one of the brands.
Yes, that is what is most likely to happen as long as they still have this edge

The big boys can be there tomorrow. They’re just making the decision not to do it because there is still extensive profits in petrol vehicles.

If I was tesla investor, I would be pushing focus on battery tech to sell to big car companies. Same thing Brembo does with brakes and ohlins with suspension.
I don't think so, as far as I read, Tesla still have some advantages with the battery tech as you mention. That is why they can't be there tomorrow, beside is not easy to change rapidly all the production lines at full scale and business plans with models that are at 10 or more years ahead. That is why most of the cars manufacturers announced 2-3 years ago that they will change to full/most production by 27-35. Then there is the Brussels effect. This is unstoppable and Tesla as you and @WPMUFC said, will need to change/be sold to survive as they are not a car manufacturer but a battery technology one installed in a poor designed car. Maybe cybertruck and another model could change that, but I don't see it happening with all the manufacturers joining full force in 3-5 years with many models with much better quality and all the price ranges

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Who’s that comic who deliberately does terrible sets without the audience knowing he’s taking the piss? Can’t remember his name. He’s funny though. Elon Musk’s attempts at comedy are even worse. And they’re completely earnest. He surely has the worst sense of humour of anyone on Twitter?

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Who’s that comic who deliberately does terrible sets without the audience knowing he’s taking the piss? Can’t remember his name. He’s funny though. Elon Musk’s attempts at comedy are even worse. And they’re completely earnest. He surely has the worst sense of humour of anyone on Twitter?
Tim Heidecker?

The Firestarter

Reminds me of the joker scene where he was at a stand-up comedy show and kept laughing at the wrong moments.