Elon Musk | Owner of X

RedDevilQuebecois

Behaving like a cnut to 92-year-old William Shatner, really? Besides, that Elon twat doesn't even know what the blue check marks used to be.

Last edited:

WPMUFC

Was reading a tweet thread on the NFL. Scroll down to "more tweets you might like" and it's just Elon tweet after Elon tweet. I was reading about the new England patriots being interested in Lamar and then the next tweet is Elon tweet about King Kong's dick being pressed up against a skyscraper :houllier:

He is that insecure that they are boosting his engagement by sticking his random tweets under any post they can.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Well, that's it for using "for you", following was better anyway. I know many people (including here) have complained about seeing RW trash on "for you", I never had that experience, got a few Elon tweets, maybe a few VC types, but nothing egregious.

Honestly I find the Google algorithms to be MUCH more consistently right-wing. My android's phone recommended news stories are 50% from Jared Kushner's NY Post (crime, trans panic, DEMOCRATS spending FIFTY DOLLARS on ASYLUM SEEKERS), a few from Fox news, a few specifically designed to annoy me (vegan meat will fail, sucks, and will kill me), a handful from a truly dystopian outlet (called Inc): "this awesome effective habit of CEOs".
A minute ago I was searching for a topic on animal science, and google's second hit was from Discover Institute - the evangelical evolution-deniers. For youtube, if you open without logging in, it's often got Tucker/Fox on the front page. All much more right wing than twitter.

Last edited:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Was reading a tweet thread on the NFL. Scroll down to "more tweets you might like" and it's just Elon tweet after Elon tweet. I was reading about the new England patriots being interested in Lamar and then the next tweet is Elon tweet about King Kong's dick being pressed up against a skyscraper :houllier:
Concerning.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I see he's shitting the bed once again.

It's a town square! (But unless you pay us money you won't be seen or heard)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I see he's shitting the bed once again.

It's a town square! (But unless you pay us money you won't be seen or heard)
It’s finished. Just a slow death from here.

DavelinaJolie

I fecking despise this scum. He's dangerous. Probably doing more to actively make the world a worse place than any non-politician.
Sad thing is until there's a mass exodus from Twitter he'll keep going. And we know people won't give up their Twitter.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Not that it matters, but is that even "true"?
Except for the Colorado Springs one, maybe, at a stretch. The Colorado Springs one seems like he only claimed to be non-binary once charged for the murders of actual LGBQ people. Before that he had quite a paper trail of homophobic anti-LGBQ messages to his name. Seems more likely he claimed to be non-binary in order to push this murderous anti-LGBQ agenda by other means. Benny Johnson's disingenuously promoting the agenda of a mass murderer because it aligns with his own. What a guy.

Unclear whether the others were "activists" rather than just murderers who were trans inclined. Doesn't seem like any underwent an operation but one of the two Denver shooters was "pre-op" transitioning into becoming female and the only one to reference other people's mockery of their sexuality as a reason for targeting them. I guess the Nashville shooter might have had a clearer agenda, what with the choice of target and the manifesto they had but its early on and so far they only seem to have got as far as changing pronouns on a social media bio.

The Aberdeen shooter had apparently come out as trans to their family but it's unclear whether they'd been motivated to pursue it beyond this. It was reported that a friend suspected they felt alienated but there is no evidence that identifying as trans was central to their decision to kill. It's worth noting they were also diagnosed as mentally ill and yet were still able to legally purchase a gun after diagnosis.

Thing is that even if we disregard all the complexities and take Dipshit Johnson at his word that still leaves him identifying 4 mass shooters as trans over a period of time which coincides with nearly 3,000 separate mass shooting events. In a society where they come from all walks of life you'd expect a few of these murderous nutters to be trans. In fact,, in the name of statistical parity, you'd probably expect a few more.

The tweet is agenda pushing bullshit.

cafecillos

Except for the Colorado Springs one, maybe, at a stretch. The Colorado Springs one seems like he only claimed to be non-binary once charged for the murders of actual LGBQ people. Before that he had quite a paper trail of homophobic anti-LGBQ messages to his name. Seems more likely he claimed to be non-binary in order to push this murderous anti-LGBQ agenda by other means. Benny Johnson's disingenuously promoting the agenda of a mass murderer because it aligns with his own. What a guy.

Unclear whether the others were "activists" rather than just murderers who were trans inclined. Doesn't seem like any underwent an operation but one of the two Denver shooters was "pre-op" transitioning into becoming female and the only one to reference other people's mockery of their sexuality as a reason for targeting them. I guess the Nashville shooter might have had a clearer agenda, what with the choice of target and the manifesto they had but its early on and so far they only seem to have got as far as changing pronouns on a social media bio.

The Aberdeen shooter had apparently come out as trans to their family but it's unclear whether they'd been motivated to pursue it beyond this. It was reported that a friend suspected they felt alienated but there is no evidence that identifying as trans was central to their decision to kill. It's worth noting they were also diagnosed as mentally ill and yet were still able to legally purchase a gun after diagnosis.

Thing is that even if we disregard all the complexities and take Dipshit Johnson at his word that still leaves him identifying 4 mass shooters as trans over a period of time which coincides with nearly 3,000 separate mass shooting events. In a society where they come from all walks of life you'd expect a few of these murderous nutters to be trans. In fact,, in the name of statistical parity, you'd probably expect a few more.

Great post, thanks.

nimic

something nice
Scout

Yep. And even if they are all trans, and if being trans was specific to their mass shooting, it's just the same old pattern of school shootings. Bullying, loneliness, whatever, combined with easy access to guns and living in a violent culture.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Sad thing is until there's a mass exodus from Twitter he'll keep going. And we know people won't give up their Twitter.
I honestly think there’s no valid excuse anymore for using twitter in a private matter. If you don’t need it to work, then leave.

DavelinaJolie

I honestly think there’s no valid excuse anymore for using twitter in a private matter. If you don’t need it to work, then leave.
Agreed. I suppose there was an argument that some could make before that you could highlight the issues to the users. Now all anyone seems to see is artificially amplified right wing nut jobs and Elon, that argument has lost any resonance.

Enough people won't give it up though.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Agreed. I suppose there was an argument that some could make before that you could highlight the issues to the users. Now all anyone seems to see is artificially amplified right wing nut jobs and Elon, that argument has lost any resonance.

Enough people won't give it up though.
Yep. I didn’t jump ship immediately either. But the second it became clear that this moron is trying to turn Twitter into a right wing cesspool I was out there. Even though I really liked Twitter. It’s neither worth it nor important enough to keep going with this.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I follow about 90 people on there & never leave my ‘Following’ thread; it works a charm. Never see any of the detritus from the right.

JuriM

I love Twitter for all the cesspool part as my feed is a mixture of Twitch streamers, runescape, Estonia, politics, Ukraine. From Estonian former president to some random 19 year old Estonian girl talking how much she likes her pussy to be eaten.

That kind of variety and realness doesn't go away as much as Elon might try, the people still do and post what they fancy.

Anustart89

I love Twitter for all the cesspool part as my feed is a mixture of Twitch streamers, runescape, Estonia, politics, Ukraine. From Estonian former president to some random 19 year old Estonian girl talking how much she likes her pussy to be eaten.

That kind of variety and realness doesn't go away as much as Elon might try, the people still do and post what they fancy.
Ah yeah, the Estonian demands-pussy-to-be-eaten account. There are so many of them on my feed though, which one in particular is it that you're following, given that there are so many out there?

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ah yeah, the Estonian demands-pussy-to-be-eaten account. There are so many of them on my feed though, which one in particular is it that you're following, given that there are so many out there?
:lol:
But also, she's 19 mate.

Cloud7

I never use the "For you" tab and my "Following" tab has the same stuff it always had, which is good for me

Bebe

I never use the "For you" tab and my "Following" tab has the same stuff it always had, which is good for me
Same. The "For You" tab seems to just force feed whatever topic I might have read about in the last few days. Last week it was all MTG Arena content because I'd spent a few mins reading some threads on that subject, then a few days later it was shifting to real estate advice because I'd read a long thread on home ownership v. renting/stocks.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
My 'following' tab is pretty much the same as my 'for you' tab right now, showing tweets from accounts that I've unfollowed and other junk.

I seem to remember how that never happened before so I'm guessing this is yet another example of how twitter is now better than ever.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I recently noticed that it doesn't immediately tell me why I'm seeing tweets from people I don't follow. It used to say so on top, but now I have to actively look for it.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
second person (leftist) i've seen for whom it worked - send them a support email saying you were censored for right-wing views, and you get your account back :lol: