Elon Musk | Owner of X

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He died because he thought eating fruit would cure his cancer didn't he?
:lol: Yup. Jobs was a quack, who probably wouldnt have taken well to the reappraisal of his genius as simply a marketing dude who didn’t in fact fart all the actual products out of his arse…. He probably wouldn’t have gone down the Groyper rabbit hole though, but who knows?

Incidentally, I’d like to add Bill Hicks & John Lennon to the “probably died at the right time because they’d be fecking awful in later life” crew

Last edited:

entropy

He died because he thought eating fruit would cure his cancer didn't he?
he refused treatment for his cancer and was convinced his special diet would cure him or something along those lines. which only made his condition worse and accelerated his death. he’d have strong opinions about vaccines too I bet.

Lemoor

He wouldnt megaphone his views the way the man child with desperate need for approval does.
Yea, Musk isn't special in being the first multi-billionaire to have insane views, but he is probably the first one who is this thirsty for attention of random people.

Suedesi

I think he doesn’t get nearly enough sleep at a time when he’s clearly bitten off more than he can chew by adding Twitter to his already full schedule of companies, which is not only making his public image suffer, but the strategic direction of each of his companies as well.
Spot on - Tesla shareholders cannot be happy about the whole Twitter involvement / acquisition / debacle.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
got to hear, respect, and give precedence to the oppressed voices about their own oppression :)

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

his blue checks cant understand that he wants the opposite performance from them for that post...

4bars

Supports
Barcelona

his blue checks cant understand that he wants the opposite performance from them for that post...
The 2024 campaign will be brutal in social media. I am so glad that I never been and never will be in twitter. buckle up.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Last couple weeks my 'For you' timeline's lost almost any correlation with my interests. It's suddenly around 50% superhero movies and US sports, neither of which I ever engage with as I know nothing about them. I don't follow enough accounts for the Following timeline to be worth bothering with, so this is gonna see me off quite quickly at this rate.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I mean... just don't believe anything a blue tick puts out any more. The system is dead so assume it's all fake unless you see it on a reputable website. It's honestly not that difficult and I feel like people are unnecessarily hung up on this now.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I mean... just don't believe anything a blue tick puts out any more. The system is dead so assume it's all fake unless you see it on a reputable website. It's honestly not that difficult and I feel like people are unnecessarily hung up on this now.
All its done is devalue the old blue tick system. The subdued gray ticks that are supposed to replace it are harder to spot and generally useless. This won't change until Musk gets bored fecks off and Twitter gets a "normal' owner again.

Revan

Assumptionman
All its done is devalue the old blue tick system. The subdued gray ticks that are supposed to replace it are harder to spot and generally useless. This won't change until Musk gets bored fecks off and Twitter gets a "normal' owner again.
Hopefully the new CEO bins this immediately. Musk’s explanation that it was to verify people and fight bots (cause everyone needs to have a phone number, a credit card and pay) has proven to be a bunch of ridiculous nonsense.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Hopefully the new CEO bins this immediately. Musk’s explanation that it was to verify people and fight bots (cause everyone needs to have a phone number, a credit card and pay) has proven to be a bunch of ridiculous nonsense.
Agreed. It was just a blatant way for him to monetize Twitter. I recall at the beginning he wanted to charge 19.95/mo for it until everyone laughed at him. He then brought it down to $7. Its basically generating enough money to keep Twitter running, but not much more, all the while mainstreaming extremism.

Revan

Assumptionman
Agreed. It was just a blatant way for him to monetize Twitter. I recall at the beginning he wanted to charge 19.95/mo for it until everyone laughed at him. He then brought it down to $7. Its basically generating enough money to keep Twitter running, but not much more, all the while mainstreaming extremism.
Yep. It has not affected me cause I probably follow just 10-20 non-academic accounts, so I do not get much (if at all) politics there, but I guess for people who use Twitter mostly for news and politics, this has seriously damaged their experience.

Would be very interesting to see if the revenue from blue tick has offseted the losses from advertisement.

WPMUFC

I was listening to an interview with that "godfather of AI" bloke which quit google couple weeks back. I think he made a very interesting point, that this kind of thing should potentially be regulated like counterfeiting of cash. To use AI/fake political/social things that have an impact on people's lives, investigate and chuck them in jail for probably longer than counterfeiting

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Musk will surely face some advertiser pressure on Twitter over this, so unless of course he is going to rely on MyPillow going forward, he may want to rethink this.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
One man’s trash is another man’s treasure

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Musk will surely face some advertiser pressure on Twitter over this, so unless of course he is going to rely on MyPillow going forward, he may want to rethink this.
Don't take it personally, because I read it so many times from others here. But it seems now that businesses are only left wing? They are plenty of right wing businesses, actually I think they are a majority for obvious reasons and the only ones that project a left wing image are full of right wing old timers

For each that he will lose, he will win another one and he will have even more influence if he helps the future POTUS

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
Don't take it personally, because I read it so many times from others here. But it seems now that businesses are only left wing? They are plenty of right wing businesses, actually I think they are a majority for obvious reasons and the only ones that project a left wing image are full of right wing old timers

For each that he will lose, he will win another one and he will have even more influence if he helps the future POTUS
Most companies try to avoid going all political for obvious reasons (it risks antagonizing your client base, it might cost losing sales to public vendors and it exposes your business to the almost certain future backlash of being associated with doomed public figures). That's like PR 101, nevermind left wing or right wing.

The association with nutjobs, cryptobros, neonazis and the rest of the twittersphere doesn't help tough, as they are the ones scaring advertisers away.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Who do you all give this numpty so much attention? Would have thought the world would have gotten bored my Musks antics by now

Simbo

Depends how you define the left/right wing spectrum. Seems to me nowadays that if you don't act like a cnut, you're labelled left wing. No large corporation can afford to act like a cnut. So, I guess your right.

Revan

Assumptionman

Fiscally yes, most businesses are right-wing.

Socially, it is a different issue. I think most tend to be heavy left wing.

In big ones it is quite weird. You have giant corporations like Google, Meta, Twitter before Musk etc which are as capitalist as a company can be, but on the other hand, socially are as left as it can possibly be.

Finally, many companies (and people) seem to be quite centric. Which do not like extremism from any side. So, Twitter going 4chan is not appealing for them too.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
Fiscally yes, most businesses are right-wing.

Socially, it is a different issue. I think most tend to be heavy left wing.

In big ones it is quite weird. You have giant corporations like Google, Meta, Twitter before Musk etc which are as capitalist as a company can be, but on the other hand, socially are as left as it can possibly be.

Finally, many companies (and people) seem to be quite centric. Which do not like extremism from any side. So, Twitter going 4chan is not appealing for them too.
I'm sorry but I must ask, what would you consider to be "socially heavy left wing"? Fiscally I imagine you're thinking about taxes, right?