Elon Musk | Owner of X

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
Trying to ignore the psycophantic Space Karen Don'tctor Evil in the room for a minute... I find deeply disturbing that some people, no, a lot of people justify and defend the right to spew blatant lies. In unfiltered mass media. About public health, of all topics.

You know, there's a method we humans adopted for building knowledge, several centuries ago. It involves things like observation, data gathering, hypothesis building, field testing and peer reviewing. Lots and lots of reviewing. Which also mean that the way we do things slowly but surely evolve and improve over time.

Changing course by massively starting to accept plain bollocks as revealed truth had calamitous consequences in the past, and will have them in the future as well. We're in the 100th anniversary of Fascism rising to power in Italy, and that country decided to commemorate it by choosing an admirer of that regime as its leader. There are a lot of other disturbing parallels (the Golden era of mass communication, the post war economic crisis, the pandemic) that we should be caring about.

stepic

It's the most hollow tactic, I'm just not sure why so many people fall for this shit. It's an amazing thing, it's so transparent. God people are dumb
his idiot followers don't see that apple is perfectly within its rights to exercise its own FREE SPEECHHHHHH and not go along with Twitter's bullshit.

stepic

that matt wallace twat has got to be the most cringiest fecking bellend on twitter, every musk tweet he's there like a bad smell

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
that matt wallace twat has got to be the most cringiest fecking bellend on twitter, every musk tweet he's there like a bad smell
These guys you would think are paid by Musk to post like this. Alas what makes it really sad is that they're doing it in the hope they one day get paid.

Simping that hard for a man who doesn't know who you are, is so weird.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
These guys you would think are paid by Musk to post like this. Alas what makes it really sad is that they're doing it in the hope they one day get paid.

Simping that hard for a man who doesn't know who you are, is so weird.
Just scrolled his timeline and it's genuinely mental. Imagine wasting a good chunk of your actual life on this.

WPMUFC

It’s time to gooooooo… to Mars :lol:
imagine the whole house of cards comes down because a rich guy cosplaying a 4chan memelord wanted to look cool to right wingers? Just imagine being in SpaceX right now and watching this self-combustion.

Probably the only good thing to come out of all this is that SpaceX is being left alone.

Tarrou

Could honestly see the Tesla board ousting him at some point

taking on Apple now just goes to show he’s become a massive liability for his companies

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
One of those people that knows about every buzzword and concept that is on trend on the internet but knows absolutely nothing about what they actually mean.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Could honestly see the Tesla board ousting him at some point

taking on Apple now just goes to show he’s become a massive liability for his companies
Yep.

He holds about 17% of the stock. If this curve keeps going, they will need to oust him to protect the value of the company.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
:lol: Wow, hes clutching his pearls real hard these days isn't he?

Are all billionares these days flaming narcissists? It's like he can't even fathom that this whole twitter fiasco was a terrible fecking idea from the start. Like what did he expect? That the whole world would fall in line and kiss his arse becuse he sees himself as some free speech trailblazer?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Aren't his outbursts almost single handedly keeping Twitter afloat right now? Must be getting so much traffic waiting for his next 'misguided outburst'.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Aren't his outbursts almost single handedly keeping Twitter afloat right now? Must be getting so much traffic waiting for his next 'misguided outburst'.
Presumably this is true to some degree but it depends what damage each misguided outburst is doing as well. If traffic were all that mattered YouTube, Facebook, Instagram etc wouldn't be riddled with adverts.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Pretty pleased after seeing Trump and now Musk that I'm not leaving my kids a fortune...

(silver linings and all that)

stepic

maybe in terms of usage, not in terms of advertisers though. i think there's about 100 major brands who have ceased advertising. he's fecked if he can't increase revenues.

Godfather

Yep.

He holds about 17% of the stock. If this curve keeps going, they will need to oust him to protect the value of the company.
Incredible. But not surprising. I wouldn't buy a Tesla even if they were any good just because of that guy.

WPMUFC

i wonder if he put a lot of stock in Trump coming back? He went pretty big on the "twitter is tempting you" memeshit and just nothing from his Orange friend. Now add in apple war and maybe he's gone manic?

nimic

something nice
Scout
maybe in terms of usage, not in terms of advertisers though. i think there's about 100 major brands who have ceased advertising. he's fecked if he can't increase revenues.
I can't remember where I read it (probably this thread, to be honest), but I read that half of their biggest advertisers have left them.

stepic

I can't remember where I read it (probably this thread, to be honest), but I read that half of their biggest advertisers have left them.
yeah think i read the same thing. hopefully they stay away. there's no way he will make up the difference through his subscription model. only a small minority of people will ever pay for twitter blue, he just doesn't realise, or want to realise it yet.

Mike Smalling

It's so funny to see him elevate his little app project to something fundamental for the future of civilization. Also, he shows a total misunderstanding about what freedom of speech means in the context of the 1st Amendment in the US. The 1st amendment specifically prevents the government from restricting free speech, so who a private company allows on their platform based on their Terms of Service really has nothing to do with free speech.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The minds of these people are positively pickled

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The minds of these people are positively pickled

What the feck? Do people actually think that new company / phone would cost nothing or that it would magically replace Apple in the market in an instant? The alpha beta chads are a different breed.