Elyh Harrison to join United from Stevenage.

arthurka

We have two very promising keepers at youth levels at the club now so who knows. But your have to be good to get signed by Utd.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This will be a club signing as all youth are. I doubt ETH has been trawling through lower league English youth football at this stage.
You're correct, it's not a ten Hag signing but rather a Nick Cox signing via our head of youth recruitment David Harrison. Cox is the Academy manager/director.

But from watching the above highlights, he looks a very promising keeper with the ball at his feet.

Bondi77

Ten Hag revolution begins, bringing in a keeper who commands his are and can hit a pass. 16 years old and playing first team football. No idea if he’s any good but getting into the first team of any club is huge at such a young age. Does the Caf have a person who may have seen him play and want to offer an insight?

https://strettynews.com/2022/05/10/...-hags-first-signing-as-transfer-edges-closer/

Reminds me of playing in the park and using our jumpers as goalposts.

reelworld

You're correct, it's not a ten Hag signing but rather a Nick Cox signing via our head of youth recruitment David Harrison. Cox is the Academy manager/director.

But from watching the above highlights, he looks a very promising keeper with the ball at his feet.
Hey mate, I've seen your post about the club structure, and I got a question.
Do you think that the youth recruitment discuss the types of players they want to recruit with the first team manager? Because the goal is ultimately provide players for the first team. Then surely it make sense to buy players that also fit the first team manager style of play

Skills

Snitch
This will be a club signing as all youth are. I doubt ETH has been trawling through lower league English youth football at this stage.
Don't let the the truth get in the way of some good old erotic fan fiction.

Skills

Snitch
Do you think that the youth recruitment discuss the types of players they want to recruit with the first team manager? Because the goal is ultimately provide players for the first team. Then surely it make sense to buy players that also fit the first team manager style of play
That would be stupid. First team managers should have minimal input into first team recruitment let alone the youth team. It's how you end up in the mess we're in now, and you want to contaminate our youth team with the same shit?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Exactly. We sign these young players every season.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Very highly rated by Stevenage.

Mullet_Man

Stevenage u16s are so much better on the ball at the back than our first time

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We've always recruited players at youth level for a proactive/attacking brand of football imo. And that is a continuation of the proactive/attacking mindsets of Busby and Fergie, who gave the club a strong identity when it came to the implementation of a attacking approach to playing the game. And when Fergie retired, we lost the key figure who brought everything together and aligned/streamlined the approach throughout the football side of the club.

So we realised that we had to modernise the club post Fergie, and hence developed the structure on the football side of the club via John Murtough, where departments like recruitment went from one full time scout to around 60 full time scouts. But the board still allowed the first team managers to operate independently from the newly formed football structure, which is a huge blunder. Sadly for us we never hired one manager post Fergie who saw himself as a head coach and not a manager. Van Gaal even wrote in his book about wanting to be the 'all powerful manager' in England who controlled everything on the football side of the club. So since Fergie retired, the football side of the club has not been aligned towards a common goal and we needed a sporting director.

John Murtough was asked the question about playing the 'United way' (attacking football) and his response (below) does point to him wanting to create a identity from the first team down. He's definitely selected the correct head coach as far as identity/play style goes to do that imo. And the Glazers need to back John Murtough, because if they back John Murtough, they'll by default back the head coach.

On playing football the Manchester United way:

John Murtough: “Another element is style of play, an identity to what Manchester United is."

“We talk to players and we talk to our coaching staff about playing fast, fluid attacking football, so when we link across all the age groups, there's a thread that runs through the football club.”

https://www.manutd.com/en/amp/news/detail/john-murtough-praises-united-fans-impact

That video looks like Sunday League :lol:

There's a difference between confident on the ball and good on the ball. The clip at 2:34 makes me wonder which it is. Still, you don't get signed by us for nothing and that's one game. He must have something.