Emergency Board Meeting called to discuss the future of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
There’s loads of posters calling for a “proper interim” until the end of the season….just why?

No other club does that, you’d also complain as to why it’s taking so long to find a proper manager & that the club is inept for doing so.

Just put Fletch/Carrick in charge for 2 weeks while they sort out a permanent manager & hire someone and be done with it.

Spurs had Ryan Mason take charge until a new manager was found - twice!

No other club has done this “proper interim” bollocks, just get a manager in and get a manager in as soon as possible. If that means Fletch/Carrick is in charge then so be it.

choccy77

Some time this morning I suspect around 10am, can’t see it this early
It will be announced once the lawyer's have agreed financial terms and they draft a respectful press release.

Should have happened after City game, club owners are pathetic

Godfather

There’s loads of posters calling for a “proper interim” until the end of the season….just why?

No other club does that, you’d also complain as to why it’s taking so long to find a proper manager & that the club is inept for doing so.

Just put Fletch/Carrick in charge for 2 weeks while they sort out a permanent manager & hire someone and be done with it.

No other club has done this “proper interim” bollocks, just get a manager in and get a manager in as soon as possible. If that means Fletch/Carrick is in charge then so be it.
Many are shit scared we'll make the same mistake we did with Ole. Well I am. I couldn't take the day we decide to give Fletch or Carrick the full time job because our players decide to turn up for two weeks again

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord

I was just talking about this at work, most clubs give a member of the staff the interim job till a permanent hire is secured. As you said Ryan Mason at Spurs, Barca did the same, Real have in the past. Only Chelsea really ever went for the Hiddinks and Grants as interim in the past but usually a member of the coaching staff even a youth coach took the reigns temporarily.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

What if the best option that we really want isn't available until the end of the season? Hell, what if our top two or three options are all currently in good jobs and don't want to leave mid-season? Do we just drop down the list and take the best available one who will take it now (which will either be somebody out of a job or who is at a significantly smaller team and is fairly unproven)?

There's a fairly strong chance that the reason the club stuck with Ole for the last few weeks while everything has been going to shit is because they were hoping he'd be able to do a decent enough job to get us through to the end of the season when our preferred option became available. Unfortunately it's just gone to shit so badly that even that was no longer an option, and now we're in this situation we find ourselves in. We either try to limp through to the end of the season with an interim, or be willing to sign a manager that we don't think is as good as the one we think we can get at the end of the season.

By the way, Chelsea have done the interim manager a couple of times with Guus Hiddink (twice) and Benitez.

Last edited:

GledTheRed

Enlighten me why a Cardiff / Molde experienced manager got the job

ten hag compared to ole is a no contest at any level
Are you being serious?

He was placed as caretaker and had a decent run followed by a huge slump in form and the club rewarded him with a permanent role.

Similarly we were shite at the end of last season and he was given a three year contract.

GledTheRed

Haven't you been campaigning for Ole to go for weeks now? And now it looks like happening, you then declare our only option, in your view, the current Spain manager who is about to go to the world cup? If that's what you want you should have been hoping Ole stays for now. Completely lacking in foresight.
The world Cup is a over a year away, he's got nothing to do between now and then bar tune up matches.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
What if the best option that we really want isn't available until the end of the season? Hell, what if our top two or three options are all currently in good jobs and don't want to leave mid-season? Do we just drop down the list and take the best available one who will take it now (which will either be somebody out of a job or who is at a significantly smaller team and is fairly unproven)?

There's a fairly strong chance that the reason the club stuck with Ole for the last few weeks while everything has been going to shit is because they were hoping he'd be able to do a decent enough job to get us through to the end of the season when our preferred option became available. Unfortunately it's just gone too shit so badly that even that was no longer an option, and now we're in this situation we find ourselves in. We either try to limp through to the end of the season with an interim, or be willing to sign a manager that we don't think is as good as the one we think we can get at the end of the season.

By the way, Chelsea have done the interim manager a couple of times with Guus Hiddink (twice) and Benitez.
Di Matteo was interim as well wasn't he?

Hughie77

There was a lot who needed Ole to succeed, I was one of those, but a change of heart came for me the end of last season, you could see cracks coming last few games of season awful, Europa final same. Just hope they try to get a manager in give him a 18mth deal only . And IMO , after that Luis Enrique of Spain is the one they go for after World cup.

RealBarcelonaUnited

Just announce it already! Just relieve the man of this, he clearly knows he’s a dead man walking.

Feels like Cromwell’s execution this.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
There was a lot who needed Ole to succeed, I was one of those, but a change of heart came for me the end of last season, you could see cracks coming last few games of season awful, Europa final same. Just hope they try to get a manager in give him a 18mth deal only . And IMO , after that Luis Enrique of Spain is the one they go for after World cup.
How good is Enrique? He did pretty well at Barca but for lots of the time there the fans weren’t into his coaching. He’s defitely nowhere near a Guardiola. Has he done well for Spain? They’re good but he hasn’t pulled up trees from what I can see.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
How good is Enrique? He did pretty well at Barca but for lots of the time there the fans weren’t into his coaching. He’s defitely nowhere near a Guardiola. Has he done well for Spain? They’re good but he hasn’t pulled up trees from what I can see.
He has been excellent for Spain bringing through the next generation too.

Idxomer

They were the best team in the Euros.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Had Spain playing very well considering they don't have close to the talent at their disposal of their peak, and don't have a striker who has any idea how to stick the ball in the net.

MrSingh2002

We're scrambling for a new manager clearly. Didn't have anyone lined up probably out of respect for Ole learning from the Jose and LVG fiasco.

We need calm heads and need a manager that is tactically and squad management wise a huge upgrade on Ole.

An experienced manager that can command respect from the players.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Ah feck I had my money on Carrick. There goes the accumulator
Wait the club statement says " Michael Carrick will now take charge of the team for forthcoming games, while the club looks to appoint an interim manager to the end of the season. " Full house...

the_cliff

Wait the club statement says " Michael Carrick will now take charge of the team for forthcoming games, while the club looks to appoint an interim manager to the end of the season. " Full house...
So we've got an interim, till we get an interim, till we get a manager.

Sometimes I wonder if our club can make us look like more of a joke.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
So we've got an interim, till we get an interim, till we get a manager.

Sometimes I wonder if our club can make us look like more of a joke.
I'm sure they will find a way. If they appoint Bodger I am going to find it hard to watch games.

the_cliff

I'm sure they will find a way. If they appoint Bodger I am going to find it hard to watch games.
I'm not really worried about Rodgers tbh, I don't think we'll hire him, especially after the season so far and if we do he wouldn't last a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.