Emergency Board Meeting called to discuss the future of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Status
Not open for further replies.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
What’s with Ed and his Zidane chubby. The guy doesn’t want it don’t force it, we don’t want a manager who fails to settle in Manchester or whose family don’t settle.
Its like going back to your crush after she has politely refused your advances, nothing good will come of it.

Hope you are all happy now. Personally, I’ve absolutely loved his time as manager (except the last 2 months) I hope now he’s gone everyone can give him the credit he deserves, making us relevant again, reinstating the actual meaning of who we are. A lot of you don’t seem to get that. Sad day for us all even though most won’t see it.
How has he made United relevant? Apart from rivals fans chanting “Ole in”

Whats the meaning of who were are, where did it go, and how did he reinstate it?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
To be fair, I'd expect Ole has been spoken to even if they haven't sorted the final deals of his payoff etc. I don't think he's waiting in the dark reading the media reports. It's possible because I believe it happened to Moyes, but I think they're conscious of the criticism they received for that debacle. Custis suggested Ole had already said goodbye to the players.

I agree in general though, if we have a board meeting of 10 people, who the feck is leaking it? It can't be that difficult to find out. Or they're quite happy to release information.
Bruno and ddg shedding tears.
Ole walking up to the away end and waiving good bye.

They all knew.

Enigma_87

You know who
Dear fecking god.

I replied to you, regarding Ten Hag: "And we forget everything else he did till the SF's conveniently enough?"

By saying, somewhat sarcastically; "People are happy enough to do that for Ole, so why not?" because the can't-get-past-a-semi joke was used against Ole for a couple of years, but when it comes to Ten Hag we should ignore his team choking in a semi final because they did well earlier in the competition? Do you not see the double standard there?

So yeah, I've said feck all about positives under Ole or anything about praising him, so feck knows where you've pulled that out from.
Ok, now I got it :lol:

It's completely irrelevant though. Reaching SF's with that Ajax side is a success itself, United are supposed to win cups with a squad that is worth 500m+. There is no double standards, there are low standards that some United fans have put..

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
How would Ronaldo or Mendes know what time our board meeting was scheduled for, the purpose of it, or the result of said board meeting? You think Woodward informs Ronaldo of his discussions with the Glazers?
I have no idea, obviously.

Just pointing out the connection between Castles and Mendes. It's hardly implausible that Mendes/Ronaldo would know something about what goes on.

What do you think? That Castles has a mole on United's board?

JB7

Ok, now I got it :lol:

It's completely irrelevant though. Reaching SF's with that Ajax side is a success itself, United are supposed to win cups with a squad that is worth 500m+. There is no double standards, there are low standards that some United fans have put..
Oh I absolutely agree with on both sides of that btw, glad reached the same page. :lol:

Dominos

Bruno and ddg shedding tears.
Ole walking up to the away end and waiving good bye.

They all knew.
How would they know? It's very unlikely Ole had been told he's getting sacked before the game was played, and then he's gone and told the players that he's getting sacked before sending them out there.

I think the emotion of today was probably an accumulation of poor results leaving everyone feeling helpless.

Djemba-Djemba

How would they know? It's very unlikely Ole had been told he's getting sacked before the game was played, and then he's gone and told the players that he's getting sacked before sending them out there.

I think the emotion of today was probably an accumulation of poor results leaving everyone feeling helpless.
I'm sure they knew losing 4-1 at Watford was the end of the line for Ole.

Enigma_87

You know who
Oh I absolutely agree with on both sides of that btw, glad reached the same page. :lol:
aye, that SF joke completely evaded my mind tbh. :lol:

Either way I doubt we will get Ten Hag at the end either so it becomes a moot point. The guy will end up at Barca, whilst we are courting Rodgers, who is I guess someone that is seen as a lesser risk..

Hawks2008

Dont think any of them should survive, hopefully the new manager brings all his own people instead of being saddled with the likes of Carrick and Mckenna.

OrcaFat

Fans are at fault because they lower the standards even further, which means the board can enjoy the free ride as well.

As for rebuild - it hugely depends on the next manager, but we do need a RB, CB, LB(at least a backup, but considering Shaw's form this season...), not one but two CM's and a #9(both our options are 35-37 years olds).

We need to ship players like Jones, Bailly, Mata, Martial, Fred, Telles, one of the 5 GK's we currently have in the first team,etc. That qualifies for a rebuild in my book.
Based on form the entire squad needs replacing but, if you look past the recent shambles, most of them have shown they are good enough. All teams expect to have to bring in a few new players every year anyway; there was quite a turnover under SAF.

A new manager will strengthen in CM - that is certain - the rest will be knocked into shape, I reckon, we’ll see how far away we are.

Fans being to blame for results, or for anything, is a feeble and generally insupportable notion. But, if it helps, “I hereby demand we return to our former glory”.

That stuff doesn’t help, by the way. The board are sacking him exactly when I thought they would - when performances became an embarrassment to the board personally; when their reputations as business people were threatened. As long as Ole kept winning most of the time, no amount of fan whimpering would trouble the board in the slightest.

Abraxas

I mean after that result today even a journo with no sources would be talking about crisis meetings and thoughts of sackings. You don’t need leaks to guess what’s going on.
Of course, but this is clearly a bit more than that. It seems it is going to be substantiated. There's a little more weight behind this than idle speculation I would suggest whereas musings about his sacking have been going on for weeks, possibly months.

It's anybody's guess as to how that information gets out but whatever it is most of them don't reflect well on the competence of these men to handle business in a decent manner. It's perfectly possible to have these things concluded in private, as many clubs demonstrate.

AFC NimbleThumb

Hope you are all happy now. Personally, I’ve absolutely loved his time as manager (except the last 2 months) I hope now he’s gone everyone can give him the credit he deserves, making us relevant again, reinstating the actual meaning of who we are. A lot of you don’t seem to get that. Sad day for us all even though most won’t see it.
Top Red Bingo nominee for the Weekend League.

‘Hope you are all happy now’ :lol:

Dominos

I have no idea, obviously.

Just pointing out the connection between Castles and Mendes. It's hardly implausible that Mendes/Ronaldo would know something about what goes on.

What do you think? That Castles has a mole on United's board?
Not necessarily on United's board, but it must be a source at a high level to get the sort of detailed information he got today.

Realistically the journos who have reported on United for 10+ years like Ducker, Luckhurt, Ogden all have sources high up at United also - however these guys seem to rely a lot on briefs from the club which is why they tend to release the same stories within minutes of each other constantly.

AFC NimbleThumb

How many fecking high horses do you have? You've fallen off so many of them, including the greedy Super League, and yet you still manage to come up with another one time and time again.

It's almost as impressive as Ole's ability to survive failure after failure.
:lol:

People really wanted OgS to succeed so the could laud their blind faith over people. It’s actually hilarious how emotional people have become for a manager that has presided over our relegation form.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
:lol:

People really wanted OgS to succeed so the could laud their blind faith over people. It’s actually hilarious how emotional people have become for a manager that has presided over our relegation form.
He was a nice guy. So I guess players have a lot of respect for him.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
...however these guys seem to rely a lot on briefs from the club which is why they tend to release the same stories within minutes of each other constantly.
Yep - and Castles certainly hasn't been in that category: very much anti-United ever since Mourinho left, etc. Not the sort who'd get briefed by Woody.

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
Couldn’t agree more.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Don’t get how Watford was the game changer. Yet again club missed the boat, would have had 2 weeks to sort out replacements. Now we have a short window to Villarreal.

Club is a joke. Reactive rather than proactive.

Wish Ole the best. Gave 150% to the role. Was just too tough a task and he hit his ceiling. Not many can take on this job. It’s not a celebration to see him go, his time has come, with sadness we see him go - but his legacy will never change on the pitch and also the decent cleanup job he done post Jose. But the worry was always there after the EL final - club fecked him over letting him sink.

OrcaFat

I'm sure they knew losing 4-1 at Watford was the end of the line for Ole.
I agree.

The emotion is fully understandable. They’ve played so bad for so long; they don’t know why; they didn’t want to let the club or specifically the manager down. It’s frustration, guilt, sorrow. They knew, as most of us did, that Ole could not survive today’s defeat after the current poor run; I mean it was obvious, I thought, while it was happening.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I thought I would be relieved, but now that the deed is done, I feel profoundly sad. No matter how many new fans don't rate him or have never seen him play, he is still a United man.

Last edited:

minoo-utd

Don’t get how Watford was the game changer. Yet again club missed the boat, would have had 2 weeks to sort out replacements. Now we have a short window to Villarreal.

Club is a joke. Reactive rather than proactive.

Wish Ole the best. Gave 150% to the role. Was just too tough a task and he hit his ceiling. Not many can take on this job. It’s not a celebration to see him go, his time has come, with sadness we see him go - but his legacy will never change on the pitch and also the decent cleanup job he done post Jose. But the worry was always there after the EL final - club fecked him over letting him sink.
Most logical post.

copen1945

Never seen so many fans united at keeping our manager at helm. It has become a running chant at various fields for a months now.
Ole truly 'United' football. All that aside, it is sad that a club legend has seen such an end. The board should take its time and select the right successor.

Giggs' right foot

What do the club see in Carrick? Why has Phelan (someone who's actually seen success with the club) been axed yet Carrick (a constant with our recent managerial failures) being allegedly trusted with an interim role.
He knows all - and I can’t stress this enough: ALL - the iPad’s features and shortcuts.

Enigma_87

You know who
What do the club see in Carrick? Why has Phelan (someone who's actually seen success with the club) been axed yet Carrick (a constant with our recent managerial failures) being allegedly trusted with an interim role.
Might keep him just in case to fill some holes in our midfield. He's not that less mobile than Matic currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.