Emergency Board Meeting called to discuss the future of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCavani

That's why i found it astounding that people happy a "structure" is in place, and we've "improved organizationally" leaps and bound since Fergie's era.

I see clues that we're actually going backward. Old pals in positions, backward scouting who can only go as far as names on papers, indecisive and slow when making big decisions.
100%.

They didn’t want anything to do with Conte because they knew that like Jose he’d call out their bullshit and demand better. They want a yes man. The club is rotten to the core and Ole was further evidence of it rather than any sort of improvement.

minoo-utd

Should we wait until it’s confirmed officially from the club? It seems Darren is the most easiest bet for now for the board!

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
That's why i found it astounding that people happy a "structure" is in place, and we've "improved organizationally" leaps and bound since Fergie's era.

I see clues that we're actually going backward. Old pals in positions, backward scouting who can only go as far as names on papers, indecisive and slow when making big decisions.
Nice to see someone else has their eyes wide-opened.

It might have been bad 8 years ago but we had recent success. Time passes quickly and our domination is ancient history in football terms.

The way we are, we look set to be consigned to the mediocre category for years, like the scousers.

Matt851

How has he made United relevant? Apart from rivals fans chanting “Ole in”

Whats the meaning of who were are, where did it go, and how did he reinstate it?
I suppose we have been through periods of being a laughing stock before and he certainly reinstated that

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
I thought I would be relieved, but now that the deed is done, I feel profoundly sound. No matter how many new fans don't rate him or have never seen him play, he is still a United man.
Well said. Weeping bucket loads myself mate. Such an immense sense of melancholy and raw sadness.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What you guys need is a top class coach not just a manager. Think Zidane would be a mistake of an appointment. He has proven to be a great man manager and was of course beloved in the dressing room, but has he done anything to prove he’s a world class coach? Or did he just have a team filled 1-11 with world class players in their prime? He got their confidence high and they were hyper focused on the CL. But is he tactically brilliant and flexible?

Not sure he could take over a side that’s at rock bottom and need of a total coaching revamp and turn you into title winners.
Absolutely, we need one of these obsessive tactician who can teach this properly. And the club should support on the management/transfers front. We essentially haven't modernized (in a football sense) since the fag end of the SAF years and the rest of the world has.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I wouldn't call taking a vacation while the club is in an absolute crisis as giving 150% for the role.
He was goosed long before that. But he is also entitled to clear his head as much as anyone. You can still perform your role and give your all, while taking a small break to recharge.

ken11

Ole will be well-compensated so you all shouldn't think him getting fired is like you getting fired.

captain666

100%.

They didn’t want anything to do with Conte because they knew that like Jose he’d call out their bullshit and demand better. They want a yes man. The club is rotten to the core and Ole was further evidence of it rather than any sort of improvement.
Correct,our Club is totally broken at the moment and it will take more than just a new manager to fix it.Radical change is needed at Board level down to the coaching staff.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Should we wait until it’s confirmed officially from the club? It seems Darren is the most easiest bet for now for the board!
Darren has like 5 minutes coaching experience. Compared to him, Ole is SAF

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Hope you are all happy now. Personally, I’ve absolutely loved his time as manager (except the last 2 months) I hope now he’s gone everyone can give him the credit he deserves, making us relevant again, reinstating the actual meaning of who we are. A lot of you don’t seem to get that. Sad day for us all even though most won’t see it.
Wow.

rpg

The 5 goals drubbing by liverpool at Old Traffod sealed his fate.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I think yesterdays game sealed his fate. Say he’d have won yesterday, there’s no way he’d be getting the chop today.

Ibi Dreams

I would genuinely prefer we give the caretaker job to Neil Wood over Fletcher/Carrick

TheLord

I think yesterdays game sealed his fate. Say he’d have won yesterday, there’s no way he’d be getting the chop today.
I don't want the new "full time" manager to be playing against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the first game anyway.

Ixion

I don't think it did for the board but perhaps for some fans who had been on the fence. I think the board were really desperate to give him more chances.

red4ever 79

I would genuinely prefer we give the caretaker job to Neil Wood over Fletcher/Carrick
100% agree. Just posted this in the flecther caretaker thread

No wonder Butt left. He could see right through all of this Mates FC. Darren Fletcher has no business managing Manchester Utd, caretaker, fairy godmother or othwerwise. Having the opportunity to manage one of the biggest football clubs in the world should be a hard earned privalege. Not something that is passed around like slabhead throwing the armband on the floor yesterday.

The way this club is run is an absolute disgrace. Ole, Phelen, Carrick, McKenna all of you get out. If we dont have anyone right now then let Neil Wood manage it until we have found someone. Someone who will bring their own coaching team and not be told, you have to retain Carrick, McKenna because of the Utd DNA. Feck the DNA, we want a fresh start without any bias.

izec

A 2-1 lose to Watford and he would still be here smiling.

We have to thank Watford for finishing us off, not that it was difficult.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I'm glad Ole is gone as he clearly wasn't the right man for the job and I believe he shouldn't have been made permanent 3 years ago. But I do feel sad the way this situation was handled, a club legend leaving this way. He should never have been put in this position and I don't blame him for our results, I blame Woodward, the glazers and whoever else is on our board. A bunch of Wally's and complete wet wipes.

Coops73

I’m in that weird place where I’m relieved and sad in equal measures.

The cnuts who run our club haven’t got a scooby what they’re doing. Oles gone, it had to happen but these twats clearly have no idea what to do next or who to appoint next, they don’t seem to have a tangible plan in place.

Maybe I’m naive but I thought people who had accrued billions of dollars/pounds had to be pretty smart to do so, so how on gods green earth did these fecking jokers manage it?

red4ever 79

I'm glad Ole is gone as he clearly wasn't the right man for the job and I believe he shouldn't have been made permanent 3 years ago. But I do feel sad the way this situation was handled, a club legend leaving this way. He should never have been put in this position and I don't blame him for our results, I blame Woodward, the glazers and whoever else is on our board. A bunch of Wally's and complete wet wipes.
Ridiculous. Next you will be saying Joel is picking the team and organizing the tactics over Zoom. Yes the Glazers and Woodward are incompetent. But to say you dont blame the manger for the results.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Big thankyou to Watford for going for it until the end. Better to lose that one 4-1 than 2-1. I almost cheered when they scored the 4th.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I need an official confirmation now or at least something from Simon Stone as I have nightmares with our board. I just don’t trust them to make any decisions whatsoever.

Edit: it is confirmed by Simon Stone. Doh!

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: Manchester United boss set to leave club after Watford defeat

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is set to leave the club after Saturday's 4-1 defeat by Watford.

There has been no official confirmation but it is understood all the club's senior figures, including owners the Glazers, have discussed his future.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59364319

Skills

Snitch
Big thankyou to Watford for going for it until the end. Better to lose that one 4-1 than 2-1.
A bit scary to think how many Liverpool actually could've put past us at OT if they didn't stop playing after the red card

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Ridiculous. Next you will be saying Joel is picking the team and organizing the tactics over Zoom. Yes the Glazers and Woodward are incompetent. But to say you dont blame the manger for the results.
Read my post again, it's about the bigger picture, it's easy to blame Ole but he should never have been put in this position. Those responsible for this should be blamed.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Why is that a good reason? We are talking about a matter of hours. Is it really advantageous to tell everybody what you're in the process of doing across that kind of timescale?
I didn't say that it was a good reason. It might be the reason why they think like they do.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Read my post again, it's about the bigger picture, it's easy to blame Ole but he should never have been put in this position. Those responsible for this should be blamed.
There's a lot of difference between the Glazers and Woodward deserving the bulk of the blame and all of the blame.

You can blame them all you want, but their biggest problem lies in hiring him and not firing him earlier.

On the football pitch though, it's all down to Ole.

Judge Ole based on what he said he would do which is
1) pick players by form and not their reputation (he didn't)
2) ensure that we'll not be outworked or outrunned (like hell he did)
3) play attacking football (most of the attacking is done by our opponents no matter who)
4) play youths ( did so well that only Greenwood has made it to the first team)
5) only keep players who want to be here ( :lol: :lol: )

He's an absolute failure by all count and he'll be lucky to get another job as a manager anywhere. That's how bad a job he has done.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
100% agree. Just posted this in the flecther caretaker thread

No wonder Butt left. He could see right through all of this Mates FC. Darren Fletcher has no business managing Manchester Utd, caretaker, fairy godmother or othwerwise. Having the opportunity to manage one of the biggest football clubs in the world should be a hard earned privalege. Not something that is passed around like slabhead throwing the armband on the floor yesterday.

The way this club is run is an absolute disgrace. Ole, Phelen, Carrick, McKenna all of you get out. If we dont have anyone right now then let Neil Wood manage it until we have found someone. Someone who will bring their own coaching team and not be told, you have to retain Carrick, McKenna because of the Utd DNA. Feck the DNA, we want a fresh start without any bias.
Mates FC is down to the football unsavvy Glazers though - they haven't a clue and are hoping that they'll stumble across the right manager. Until the Glazers go we have no hope at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.