Emi Martinez

RedDevil@84

How are his keeping stats? I have noticed him more for his shithousery and c*ntish behavior than football to be honest.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Everyone already thinks we're a bunch of total wankers so why not?

Yagami

Good post resistant
I liked him at Arsenal, and he's gone on to do well with Villa and of course Argentina. I'm all for this, but I admittedly don't know anything about the alternatives.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
How are his keeping stats? I have noticed him more for his shithousery and c*ntish behavior than football to be honest.
Some basic stats compared to Alisson

Now, compared to our Dave...

Seems like a wildly different personality there to his on-field persona. Seems a decent enough guy there
Yeah he comes across as quite level headed and his on pitch persona isn't an accident. Seems like he has a less subtle approach than Licha but they clearly went to the same King Cnuto School.

Last edited:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Yeah he comes across as quite level headed and his on pitch persona isn't an accident. Seems like he has a less subtle approach than Licha but they clearly went to the same King Cnuto School.

Them two together would boil so much piss :drool:

Mainoldo

It’s the high claims and sweeper clearances that get me :lol:

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Get the feeling Bruno and him detest each other, as does MacAllister and Bruno.

Just don't see it happening anyway. I can see him going to Chelsea though.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It’s the high claims and sweeper clearances that get me :lol:
He doesn't seem like the kind of keeper who would be afraid to rush for the ball, that's for sure. He probably just thinks "feck it, might as well."

We all know that he doesn't lack confidence.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

I'm not reading it until you post it on twitter as @StatsPigeon.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I think Villa would be well shot of him.

Marcus

Better him than David. There are other keepers better than David but this guy is proven in the EPL and World Cup. Dominant in the box and feared by opponents. Personality in abundance. Other than being a massive wind up merchant, what's not to like?

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's not amazingly consistent from what I've seen in the league, far better than de Gea though and seriously addresses dealing with high balls and pens while not losing shot stopping. Ball playing he's pretty average, but would still be a huge upgrade on the pure goalkeeping elements.

colombianmancunian

No please! Dibu is an asshole, not particularly good, and would be a downgrade on DDG. This season he received 11 goals in 3 matches!

BTW, I know his name is Emiliano, but most people call him Dibu not emi, specially in Argentina and South America.

Last edited:

Dannn411

I'd absolutely take him. He dominates his box and is obviously a fantastic one on one and penalty stopper.

Revan

Assumptionman
He is fantastic in the air, a very good sweeper, great in penalties, EPL proven, and a very good shot stopper. Plus has the right mentality which is important considering that our team has no character except a couple of players (like Martinez). The only downside is that he isn’t great at passing, but still much better than De Gea.

I would definitely prefer him compared to Diogo Costa who is probably worse than De Gea when it comes to crosses, and completely broke down in the World Cup.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No please! Dibu is an asshole, not particularly good, and would be a downgrade on DDG. This season he received 11 goals in 3 matches!

BTW, I know his name is Emiliano, but most people call him Dibu not emi, specially in Argentina and South America.
At this point I struggle to think of any PL keepers who would be a downgrade on DDG. Maybe Bazunu and the Leicester keeper but that's about it.

Big Andy

Bloke

On Bet365 his name was shown as Damien :lol:

Oranges038

He's just a modern day Jens Lehman, good, not great, but a total bellend.

Would definitely be an upgrade on DDG though. No doubt about that.