Emiliano Sala: Rest In Peace

ChrisNelson

What a sad twist on an already sad story :( may he R.I.P. and the family find a way to cope.

lsd

The Oracle
On the payment of the transfer fee issue .

Doesn't the player get a cut of the fee which I would assume in this case would go to his family ?

So by not paying up Cardiff are doing the family out of money due to them as well

Ish

Lights on for Luke
On the payment of the transfer fee issue .

Doesn't the player get a cut of the fee which I would assume in this case would go to his family ?

So by not paying up Cardiff are doing the family out of money due to them as well
The agents usually, and I'd probably guess in some instances the players as well.

But it'd probably veer from sale to sale and the conditions stipulated in the sale agreement/contract.

I certainly don't think it is standard that players get a part of the fee, unless something is agreed with either you existing club or the buying club.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Ah man. So, so sad.

At least Sala got to become what he dreamed - a professional footballer who was loved and respected, and at least his Father got to see his beautiful Son grow into a successful, strong athlete.

May they both Rest In Peace, and be reunited with each other now.

And thoughts and love to their remaining family, I hope they can get through this.

R.I.P

Fts 74

Cant imagine what that family have already been through and now this.

Its very sad,you could see how devastated his father was when his son died.

My thoughts are with the rest of the family.

R.I.P

PeteManic

Very very murky. Haven't found the body of the "pilot". And now the father is found dead with a "heart problem". A Premier League player doesn't just get on a dodgy plane with a dodgy pilot and fly across the channel during bad weather on a Monday evening. All very very strange.

Abizzz

The agents usually, and I'd probably guess in some instances the players as well.

But it'd probably veer from sale to sale and the conditions stipulated in the sale agreement/contract.

I certainly don't think it is standard that players get a part of the fee, unless something is agreed with either you existing club or the buying club.
I thought sign on fees had become standard practice?

Aren't Cardiff disputing the transfer because of a too high sign on fee?

RIP to his father. The poor family, his sister looked around my age, really don't know how I would cope if my brother and dad passed away like that. Terrible:(

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Very very murky. Haven't found the body of the "pilot". And now the father is found dead with a "heart problem". A Premier League player doesn't just get on a dodgy plane with a dodgy pilot and fly across the channel during bad weather on a Monday evening. All very very strange.
Wtf ?

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
@PeteManic, there's nothing suspicious at all. Dad was 58 and obviously under massive stress because of what happened, plus he had a history of heart problems.

As for the plane crash, it was a miracle that either of the bodies was found. The pilot hadn't been flying much and evidently shouldn't have been flying at all in the dark. Nothing strange, just all very sad. I hope the pilot's remains are found eventually, so that his family can also have some closure.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I thought sign on fees had become standard practice?

Aren't Cardiff disputing the transfer because of a too high sign on fee?

RIP to his father. The poor family, his sister looked around my age, really don't know how I would cope if my brother and dad passed away like that. Terrible:(
You might be right on both counts bud. I wasn’t aware that signing on fees were standard practice. I always thought signing on fees was primarily for players out of contract.

But I mean at the end of the day, there’s some regulation but football would be like any other business. It depends on negotiating power and the actual contract I guess. Unless as you stated, it has become the “norm”.

Abizzz

You might be right on both counts bud. I wasn’t aware that signing on fees were standard practice. I always thought signing on fees was primarily for players out of contract.

But I mean at the end of the day, there’s some regulation but football would be like any other business. It depends on negotiating power and the actual contract I guess. Unless as you stated, it has become the “norm”.
I'm not sure, it was a genuine question. I keep hearing about them, but maybe it's selective memory because I'll only hear about them when they are paid... and just wouldn't notice if they're not paid in loads of other transfers. The second one was from what I remembered last time I read about it, but that was a couple of months ago and I wasn't sure. After a quick search on google I found this:
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport.../cardiff-city-emiliano-sala-contract-15941596

4. Personal terms

For a transfer to become valid, player personal terms have to be concluded, and they weren't.

Sala, we understand, asked for his signing-on fee to be paid 100 per cent up front and had signed a contract, but the Premier League said it was invalid.

They wrote to Cardiff to say they didn't do business that way, pointing out it was custom and practice to pay in installments over the three-year duration of the contract.

Cardiff were told to renegotiate with Sala on those terms. Until that happened, he couldn't be registered to play in the Premier League.

As such, Sala was NOT eligible to play for the Bluebirds in their next game — away to Arsenal on Tuesday, January 29 — until that criteria was satisfied.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I'm not sure, it was a genuine question. I keep hearing about them, but maybe it's selective memory because I'll only hear about them when they are paid... and just wouldn't notice if they're not paid in loads of other transfers. The second one was from what I remembered last time I read about it, but that was a couple of months ago and I wasn't sure. After a quick search on google I found this:
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport.../cardiff-city-emiliano-sala-contract-15941596
Seems like there definitely was a signing on fee negotiated then. It would actually be good to know if this is a common practice.

I’m in corporate and have negotiated a signing on fee before, when I moved to a new employer. :D

PeteManic

@PeteManic, there's nothing suspicious at all. Dad was 58 and obviously under massive stress because of what happened, plus he had a history of heart problems.

As for the plane crash, it was a miracle that either of the bodies was found. The pilot hadn't been flying much and evidently shouldn't have been flying at all in the dark. Nothing strange, just all very sad. I hope the pilot's remains are found eventually, so that his family can also have some closure.
Yes Penna, that is probably the case. Very sad all round.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I only just saw today that his dad had died. What a horrible thing to happen to this family....:(

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
not McKay, wrong age.

I suspect either the owner of the plane knew it was a death trap, but happily took a few quid to let them use it.

or;

a mechanic/safety officer declared the plane fit for purpose knowing it had major defects which ended up being catastrophic. And rather than fix the issue, or notify the owner, they just couldn't be arsed and issued a certificate (maybe with a few quid in their back pocket) Whatever it was, if the 64 yr old is guilty, he knew exactly what was going to happen that night

Aboutreika18

Footballer Emiliano Sala, who died in a plane crash over the English Channel, had been exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide, a report has revealed.

Sala and pilot David Ibbotson, crashed on 21 January when travelling to Cardiff from the French city of Nantes.

The Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) said in a report that toxicology tests found a high saturation level of carbon monoxide in Sala's blood.

Mr Ibbotson, from Crowle, North Lincolnshire, has still not been found.

But it is likely he would also have been exposed to carbon monoxide, the report added.

The Argentine had signed for Cardiff City as its £15m record signing, but the plane lost radar contact near Guernsey.

The Guernsey authorities called off a search after three days saying there was little chance of finding either man alive.

Sala's body, which was recovered from the wreckage of the Piper Malibu N264DB following a privately-funded search, was repatriated to Argentina.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49345186

arthurka

Exhaust into the plane it is common and happens frequently.
This is normally on smaller planes prevented with simple detectors, but it isn´t law to do so.
The sad part is that you can buy simple detectors for 20 bucks most small planes have these as they are cheap and easy to install.

This now makes a lot of sense.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
does this mean they fainted before impact? that is actually more peaceful scenario in this tragic episode