Emiliano Sala: Rest In Peace

Chipper

Adulterer.
Couldn't the forum site admin(s) track the poster's IP address, then match to the address/location?
Yes, suppose they could have if they wanted to. Their stance was instead that posters shouldn't speculate and to delete any mention of it.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I understand that aswell but surely he should have shown some responsibility and refused to fly if he didn’t have the licence?

Not my area of expertise by any means so I may be being naive.
If he needs money then he'll do it, that's life mate. It's the organisation's responsibility to not hiring him or giving someone who is not qualified for the job.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Not the pilot. Whoever the organisation & people who allowed him to fly it need to be sued. They are the real one.
As a pilot you need to know when to raise your hand and admit you're not qualified for the plane or conditions.

Regardless of the pressure put on him by Sala or his company, at the end of the day it's your life and reputation on the line.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
As a pilot you need to know when to raise your hand and admit you're not qualified for the plane or conditions.

Regardless of the pressure put on him by Sala or his company, at the end of the day it's your life and reputation on the line.
The organisation should have known that the pilot is not qualified. If they don't, then it's the organisation's failure for hiring a pilot who doesn't have a license. The organisation should know that your life and reputation on the line so why hiring a pilot who is not qualified in the first place? It's their responsibility.The pilot doesn't care about reputation, he needed a job for money.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
If he needs money then he'll do it, that's life mate. It's the organisation's responsibility to not hiring him or giving someone who is not qualified for the job.
I can’t help but think that’s just nonsense though. He’s flying a plane for fecksake. There comes a point when you have to show personal responsibility, hold your hand up and admit you’re not qualified. This isn’t a trivial thing you perhaps lie on your CV about. Whilst the company are clearly at fault too, clearly it was the pilots responsibility to say he was not fit to fly the plane. Because of his selfishness he ended up killing another person.

If he had somehow survived he’d be being charged with Sala’s death.

Krits

So am I allowed to call the pilot a cnut for flying a plane he had no right to fly?

Emiliano Sala crash: Pilot Ibbotson 'not licensed for flight' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51870306

Yes. He had no business flying that route in those conditions, if he didn’t know how to. Also, seems like the aircraft itself wasn’t airworthy. That is on the operator and pilot. Both are responsible to make sure an aircraft is airworthy. Another case of showing that one single mistake doesn’t lead to a crash. It’s always a series of events.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I can’t help but think that’s just nonsense though. He’s flying a plane for fecksake. There comes a point when you have to show personal responsibility, hold your hand up and admit you’re not qualified. This isn’t a trivial thing you perhaps lie on your CV about. Whilst the company are clearly at fault too, clearly it was the pilots responsibility to say he was not fit to fly the plane. Because of his selfishness he ended up killing another person.

If he had somehow survived he’d be being charged with Sala’s death.
I never say the pilot shouldn't take a blame. What I said the company or whoever hired the pilot should be sued for being incompetent, they are the real c*nt. You are confusing with a requirement to be a pilot such as license with a set of rule that the pilot & passenger must follow for safety such as seat belt and etc.

Of course he would be charged because he drove a plane without a license, that's a requirement to be a pilot. However, the company will be sued for hiring a pilot without licensed, they are the one who holds the big responsibility.

It's the pilot responsible to ensure the safety of his passenger for example put your seat belt on. However it's the company's responsible to hire the right man with minimum standard requirement such as qualification. You don't look at the qualification based on CV. You can lie about your experience but you can't lie about qualification. Company won't keep track their experience, but company can track where & when the pilot got their qualification.

If the company never set a rule of the standard hiring people and to make sure check the qualification then it's the company's fault. If they did set the rule and the person who hired the pilot decided to ignore it then it's the guy who hired him being responsible.

There are tons of people can lie, this pilot is not the first one in this world who lied when applying a job. That's why they need to be checked because this is a matter of people's life. What an absolutely lazy & incompetent whoever decided to hire the guy.

Schmeichel=God

Sadly there's people cutting corners in all walks of life, dodgy deals done left right and centre, people winging it to make a dime; done both in generic and safety critical lines of work.

It's up to each individual to be strong enough to risk assess and make decisions they'll stand by.

Sadly having someone organise things for you and feeling the pressure to roll with it led to this.

I'm still so sad about it...then it reminds me of Leicester, Bryant. Incompetence in people and maintenance is rife...all more often than not leading back to financial considerations.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I never say the pilot shouldn't take a blame. What I said the company or whoever hired the pilot should be sued for being incompetent, they are the real c*nt. You are confusing with a requirement to be a pilot such as license with a set of rule that the pilot & passenger must follow for safety such as seat belt and etc.

Of course he would be charged because he drove a plane without a license, that's a requirement to be a pilot. However, the company will be sued for hiring a pilot without licensed, they are the one who holds the big responsibility.

It's the pilot responsible to ensure the safety of his passenger for example put your seat belt on. However it's the company's responsible to hire the right man with minimum standard requirement such as qualification. You don't look at the qualification based on CV. You can lie about your experience but you can't lie about qualification. Company won't keep track their experience, but company can track where & when the pilot got their qualification.

If the company never set a rule of the standard hiring people and to make sure check the qualification then it's the company's fault. If they did set the rule and the person who hired the pilot decided to ignore it then it's the guy who hired him being responsible.

There are tons of people can lie, this pilot is not the first one in this world who lied when applying a job. That's why they need to be checked because this is a matter of people's life. What an absolutely lazy & incompetent whoever decided to hire the guy.
That’s fair, definitely a chain of events it seems with multiple people at fault. Sadly doesn’t bring either of the dead back.

I assume this means Sala’s family will now be in a position to take legal action? Perhaps some justice for their son may prevail.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Hmm don’t think Cardiff have exactly covered themselves in glory throughout this tragedy have they? That’s putting it mildly. Such a terrible situation.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
This has soured me on Cardiff City completely. The whole episode, and seeing this now is just sad. I hope we never have to see them back in the PL.

RUCK4444

Too far as the fans are humble, working class lads. However, a few decision makers getting knocked out cold in the streets would be welcomed.
Yeah in fairness a lot of the supports are top lads, a lot of my mates are City fans and they are disgusted with it as well tbh.

As with any club you can’t really blame the fans, the owners are a feckin disgrace.

Yeah, theyve shown themselves to be a truly horrible club all the way through this. Hope they never make it back to the PL.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
This is so tragic, for Cardiff to behave the way they have, and continue to, makes it even sadder. How can it be any sadder? I’d love the football world to pay Nantes and Sala’s family so that he can rest in peace. This is terrible

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
This is so tragic, for Cardiff to behave the way they have, and continue to, makes it even sadder. How can it be any sadder? I’d love the football world to pay Nantes and Sala’s family so that he can rest in peace. This is terrible
Nantes are owned by a super rich dude, they don't need any charity.

Cardiff are a disgrace though for not following through.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
Nantes are owned by a super rich dude, they don't need any charity.

Cardiff are a disgrace though for not following through.
The owner is not really super rich, I mean, he's super rich but not by football club owners standards. He was worth €80M when he bought the club and he's worth 3 times that now but because of his other businesses. He's put a lot of his own money during his first years but since all his big transfers failed badly he stopped pumping money in the club a while ago. Our annual budget when we sold Sala was €65M (75 this season) so €15M is a lot of money for us.

paulscholes18

The flight organiser David Henderson has been found guilty of endangering the safety of the aircraft and will be sentenced on November 12th.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Meanwhile Cardiff isn't going to let it lie.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-260822

Cardiff City is disappointed by the decision of the Court of Arbitration in Sport.

The award fails to decide the crucial question of FC Nantes (and its agents)’ liability for the crash, which will therefore have to be decided in another forum.

Once the club’s lawyers have digested the reasons for the decision we expect to appeal and will not be making any payments to FC Nantes in the meanwhile.

If those appeals are unsuccessful and the club is liable to pay the transfer fee the club will take legal action against those responsible for the crash for damages to recover its losses. This will include FC Nantes, and its agents.

All our thoughts must continue to be with Emiliano’s family, who are now supported financially by the Trust the club put in place for them.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
"All our thoughts must continue to be with Emiliano’s family". Having the cheek to even say this the way they've been behaving. They've been a complete embarrassment from the beginning.
Absolutely right. They are a disgrace. So cold in the face of such a tragedy. I hope to never see them in the PL again.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Shocking from Cardiff. They should pay. It’s a totally haunting story. Big ominous noises from plane on way in, pilot not qualified. Should never have taken off. Once in the air, the exhaust fumes poured into the cabin knocking Sala - and presumably the pilot - unconscious. Pilot never found. Sala died from injuries received when they crashed into the sea.

I know the organiser did jail time, but what was the story? Saving money or some mad misadventure? Wonder if Sala had misgivings. How awful, when you think of the hopes and dreams and potential, and the awful ending in the cold Atlantic.