Emiliano Sala: Rest In Peace

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
After failing to get it off the ground once, never mind two or three more failed attempts, surely that was enough to call it a day on attempting to fly.
Well yeah you'd think that would be a warning sign, but maybe that's not that strange for these planes I have no idea. We don't even know what problems they were having yet so it's difficult to understand.

No doubt though there will be a huge inquest.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
This is shocking I just read about this news now and sadly fear for the worst. Its insane how life can change so quickly. Sadly and god do I hope I am wrong but I think the worst has happened.

Sad day this.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Monumental effort by the search team so far.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
Damn sorry for your loss. What happened to him?
Thanks. He was having dizzy spells after working in the sun for a couple of hours. After sitting down, drinking some water he tried to leave the house. As he's walking out he inexplcably collapses from the doorstep. He didnt break his fall, landed on his head , fractured his skull. He was in ICU from 24 dec-30 dec. He had a brain herrmorage and needed surgery but his blood pressure was too low to operate. Doctor was wating for it to rise to a norma level, but it never did. Needless to say, very traumatic for me and still trying to deal with it.

Alabaster Codify7

This is proper sad.
For all the fun we make of players signing contracts, this guy genuinely looked delighted to be signing to come and play in the English leagues. Such an unexpected and sad turn of events.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
This is terrible, imagining how happy he must have been to a new adventure in a new league, but that little gnawing fear of taking the flight there that you just sort of brush off as being ridiculous. As others have already said, it's very unlikely that he's alive at this point. :(

FcUnitedRed

Supports
Glazers Out
Awful news, Just hope that luck is on their side.

Probably excited at joining a very competitive league where he could show his skills, only to be cut short before he's even kicked a ball by this tragedy.

Redo91

Search and rescue has been suspended for the day. Also Guernsey Police have said they have spotted objects in the sea but have been unable to confirm if it is debris from the plane.

JMack1234

Terrible news.

You can hope for the best but the reality is that there has been a disaster here. Very sad.

ManUtd1999

This is proper sad.
For all the fun we make of players signing contracts, this guy genuinely looked delighted to be signing to come and play in the English leagues. Such an unexpected and sad turn of events.
Very sad indeed.

I still don’t understand why did he board this small plane with the bad weather (especially given that he was concerned about it). This makes no sense at all!

Jam

The longer this goes the more likely any hope of good news fades. I just hope at the least they find the plane and the people so their families can grieve properly.

Thinking of them all, absolutely tragic.

Wtf. Who the feck stole my post?
I'm a Twitter lawyer. If you'd like we can discuss finances so I can represent you.

Rafaeldagold

This is so sad & seemed a really likeable guy too.

I’ll just leave a part of a quote Reagan said after the challenger disaster- I think it resonates as this was a kid going abroad to reach his dreams.

‘I know it is hard to understand, but sometimes painful things like this happen. It's all part of the process of exploration and discovery. It's all part of taking a chance and expanding man's horizons.’

fd212

Supports
Liverpool
Very sad news indeed. If the plane was not safe or something else was up then it should never have left France. I hope he is found alive but the chances of that diminish by the minute.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
It really does hurt quite a bit. Poor family must be going through so much. Really do hope there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

"Emiliano (Sala) sent a message to a friend from the flight and told him that he was afraid, that if they did not find him they knew it had happened"

:(

Prodigy24

This is so tragic and sad. Life really is unpredictable and can switch on you when you least expect it. One day signing the contract of your life, looking forward to playing in the Premier League, and the next day crash landing into the dark waters of the ocean. Absolutely horrible and so, so unfair.

Hoping for the best possible outcome, but fearing the worst.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

"Emiliano (Sala) sent a message to a friend from the flight and told him that he was afraid, that if they did not find him they knew it had happened"

:(
If this is real... It's just chilling to think about it. Horrific what he must have felt going down.

RedDevilRoshi

This is so tragic and sad. Life really is unpredictable and can switch on you when you least expect it. One day signing the contract of your life, looking forward to playing in the Premier League, and the next day crash landing into the dark waters of the ocean. Absolutely horrible and so, so unfair.

Hoping for the best possible outcome, but fearing the worst.

This.

Absolutely horrible the news that is coming out of this. :(

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why would he message a former teammate and not his mum or dad for example? I'm not saying that report is untrue, I have no idea, just sounds weird.

Alemar

If it was possible, could we as a club help Cardiff somehow? Maybe, to loan them some player whom they would otherwise not be able to get? Not sure we have spare strikers to replace Sala’s position, but at least to help strengthening other position

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Sadly there will be no chance now I fear. RIP to both of them absolute tragedy. You can't last for longer than minutes in that water if you even survive the impact

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
If it was possible, could we as a club help Cardiff somehow? Maybe, to loan them some player whom they would otherwise not be able to get? Not sure we have spare strikers to replace Sala’s position, but at least to help strengthening other position
Cardiff already have 2 players on loan from Premier League clubs.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Thanks. He was having dizzy spells after working in the sun for a couple of hours. After sitting down, drinking some water he tried to leave the house. As he's walking out he inexplcably collapses from the doorstep. He didnt break his fall, landed on his head , fractured his skull. He was in ICU from 24 dec-30 dec. He had a brain herrmorage and needed surgery but his blood pressure was too low to operate. Doctor was wating for it to rise to a norma level, but it never did. Needless to say, very traumatic for me and still trying to deal with it.
That's so sad.

Please do speak to someone if you can. This is great first step..

My condolences.

Devil81

A dreadful story this one, from a happy new adventure to such a tragic end.

I know it's early to discuss but what is Cardiff's position on this, will the transfer be cancelled or is he officially their player and therefore the 18 million still needs to be paid to Nantes?

Such a tragic story.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
A dreadful story this one, from a happy new adventure to such a tragic end.

I know it's early to discuss but what is Cardiff's position on this, will the transfer be cancelled or is he officially their player and therefore the 18 million still needs to be paid to Nantes?

Such a tragic story.
This will be almost certainly covered by insurance.

shaky

Cardiff won't be looking for sympathy here. They aren't really the victims in this horrible story.

RedRover

This will be almost certainly covered by insurance.
That may well be an issue. Standard player contracts don’t allow the use of motorbikes or skiing etc because of the risk of injury. This isn’t exactly the case here but flying in these types of planes is surely statistically less safe than using jets or airliners. As such an insurer may well take issue and seek to void the policy.

This is truly tragic, all the more so because it’s clearly avoidable. Surely his arrival in Cardiff could have waited until he could take a scheduled flight?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Heard this as I was heading out to work this morning. Have to say my heart sank as soon as they said they'd travelled last night rather than this morning which might've offered more of a glimmer of hope.

All so tragic just like Leicester three months ago. I agree with the post earlier about how one decision can alter your life significantly as seems he was stalling a bit on the move which is understandable with Cardiff likely to get relegated.

Must say considering he was their record signing I'm surprised Vincent Tan didn't send a jet (if he owns one of course) or Cardiff didn't just book him on a normal flight (unless Paris-Cardiff isn't a normal route) but all easy to say that now of course.

Interested by some scant reports of a red flare. Would be even more tragic if they did survive the crash and then the sea gobbled them up.