Emily Ramsey | gone on loan to West Ham

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
One of our own young players who has come back to join the women's team.

Position: Goalkeeper
Previous: Liverpool
But she was with United until she was 16 - so she hasn't been away for long!

She's already an England U20 international, and may be part of that squad for the U20s Women's World Cup next month.

An interview with her from when she had to leave United. It sounds like she was already thinking about coming back!

Grande

No, but if we were feeling generous we might have sent a van to pick up her stuff and move it back up the East Lancs.

Oddly enough, we did get Katie Zelem, one of our other old girls, to come back from Juventus - where she'd just won the league.
We tried that before. Of course, he’s the world champion now.

I’m well chuffed we’ve gotten Katie Zelem, Emily Ramsey, Naomi Hartley back, it’s a symbolic recification of wrongs done and now points to the right choices being made. May it last!

RedPamie

We tried that before. Of course, he’s the world champion now.

I’m well chuffed we’ve gotten Katie Zelem, Emily Ramsey, Naomi Hartley back, it’s a symbolic recification of wrongs done and now points to the right choices being made. May it last!
Yep! Was surprised we've gotten many former graduates. Millie Turner, Kirsty Hanson, Fran Bentley and Ella Toone too!

I noticed Emily is not in announcement videos. I hope she's okay. She's being considered for World Cup U20 next month right? And I can't remember the other girls, Lucy Roberts, Ebony Salmon and Lauren James maybe.

Grande

Yep! Was surprised we've gotten many former graduates. Millie Turner, Kirsty Hanson, Fran Bentley and Ella Toone too!

I noticed Emily is not in announcement videos. I hope she's okay. She's being considered for World Cup U20 next month right? And I can't remember the other girls, Lucy Roberts, Ebony Salmon and Lauren James maybe.
Speaking of spooky links, it’s quite something that Lucy Roberts is apparently the great granddaughter of Charlie ‘The Ghost’ Roberts, captain of The Outcasts, one of the most legendary United teams ever, and founder of the Player’s Union.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Speaking of spooky links, it’s quite something that Lucy Roberts is apparently the great granddaughter of Charlie ‘The Ghost’ Roberts, captain of The Outcasts, one of the most legendary United teams ever, and founder of the Player’s Union.
It is, and that's one of the things about us forming the team in the way we have. For a lot of them the ties to the club were already there.

Incidentally, for anyone curious about the Charlie Roberts story. He joined us when we were in Division 2, and led us to our first league title and first FA Cup win. He was our captain when we moved into Old Trafford. But, what he's become most famous for is being one of the first leaders of the players union (that eventually became the PFA) and his battle over players' rights - which led to him, and lots of other United players, getting suspended. United and its players have had a lot of skirmishes with the FA over the years.

Grande

It is, and that's one of the things about us forming the team in the way we have. For a lot of them the ties to the club were already there.

Incidentally, for anyone curious about the Charlie Roberts story. He joined us when we were in Division 2, and led us to our first league title and first FA Cup win. He was our captain when we moved into Old Trafford. But, what he's become most famous for is being one of the first leaders of the players union (that eventually became the PFA) and his battle over players' rights - which led to him, and lots of other United players, getting suspended. United and its players have had a lot of skirmishes with the FA over the years.
Charlie ‘The Ghost’ and Billy ‘’Welsh Wizard’ Meredith are two of the most important people in the club and in the league history, mobilizing strines and riskong lifelong bans to secure decent salaries to players who did most of the work and had little to fall back on when injuries and the like happened.

I won’t heap the same expectations on the shoulders of Lucy ‘Spooky’ Roberts, Emily Ramsey or even Casey Stoney, but what they are a part of endeavouring is historical in much the same sense!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Emily has been called up to join the England team for the U20 Women's World Cup.

The goalkeepers in the England squad are: Sandy MacIver (Clemson University), Emily Ramsey (Manchester United), Ellie Roebuck (Manchester City)

Emily is the youngest of the keepers. Sandy MacIver was first choice for the team when it was playing the qualifiers, last year, so it may be that Emily is expected to sit this one out. The tournament is in France. It starts on the 5th August and finishes on the 24th.

Grande

Emily has been called up to join the England team for the U20 Women's World Cup.

The goalkeepers in the England squad are: Sandy MacIver (Clemson University), Emily Ramsey (Manchester United), Ellie Roebuck (Manchester City)

Emily is the youngest of the keepers. Sandy MacIver was first choice for the team when it was playing the qualifiers, last year, so it may be that Emily is expected to sit this one out. The tournament is in France. It starts on the 5th August and finishes on the 24th.
Good experience anyhow. But I sure hope Siobhan Chamberlain is back by then if Ramsey will miss the start of the season.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
England U20s have their first match in the World Cup in France today. Emily isn't expected to be a starter, she's the youngest of the 3 keepers, but she'll be with them and ready.

Ella Toone would have been with them as well, but was still recovering from an injury when the squad was confirmed.

Grande

England U20s have their first match in the World Cup in France today. Emily isn't expected to be a starter, she's the youngest of the 3 keepers, but she'll be with them and ready.

Ella Toone would have been with them as well, but was still recovering from an injury when the squad was confirmed.
Toone and Ramsey are going to be interesting to follow.

Classical Mechanic

Is Ramsey the only United player away with the u20s? They're into the quarter finals after beating N Korea, drawing with Brazil and thrashing Mexico 6-1. Ramsey was on the bench.

RedPamie

Yeah she's the only one. Ella Toone was considered but she's injured. I think Ebony Salmon and Lauren James were also considered.

Lauren Hemp looking fantastic so far. Good signing by City.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Is Ramsey the only United player away with the u20s? They're into the quarter finals after beating N Korea, drawing with Brazil and thrashing Mexico 6-1. Ramsey was on the bench.
Looking at this, Aimee Palmer and Ella Toone were in the extended squad but they were at Old Trafford for the Leicester game so they didn't make the cut.

RedPamie

Looking at this, Aimee Palmer and Ella Toone were in the extended squad but they were at Old Trafford for the Leicester game so they didn't make the cut.
Ah yeah. And also Charlie Devlin was there in the list.

RedPamie

Skimmed over the list four times before posting and I missed her name each time!
:)

Btw will she get an extended holiday after WC? She'll miss like a month at the start of the season then...

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
:)

Btw will she get an extended holiday after WC? She'll miss like a month at the start of the season then...
Don't think so. Wouldn't she have had a holiday prior to the U20 WC? Not quite the same but the Men's U19 Euros ended recently and Malang Sarr was back on the bench for Nice in their game yesterday.

RedPamie

Yep but they had a camp before heading to France. Even had some sort of military training day, I think.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Gonna have a tough time replacing Chamberlain.
Yes, it feels like Chamberlain has had a real boost from coming to us. She'd been struggling to hold her squad place at Liverpool, and I think most people were assuming that retirement was looming for her. Instead, she's been on excellent form.

It must be hard for Ramsey. She's viewed as one of the top young players, yet the women play so few games that it's hard for her to get a game through rotation even in the Cup matches. I wonder if we'll see her against Millwall?

Grande

Yes, it feels like Chamberlain has had a real boost from coming to us. She'd been struggling to hold her squad place at Liverpool, and I think most people were assuming that retirement was looming for her. Instead, she's been on excellent form.

It must be hard for Ramsey. She's viewed as one of the top young players, yet the women play so few games that it's hard for her to get a game through rotation even in the Cup matches. I wonder if we'll see her against Millwall?
It’s understandable, though, as you’d want an experienced keeper when putting a completely new team into competition like United has now, and particularly with the limelight that follows. And you’d need that keeper playing as much as possible with the same defence to establish a stable back line.

Then again, I think it’s important with game time at an early age to develop into a top, top keeper.