Emirates FA Cup QF Draw | United - Brighton Sat 17th March 19:45 PM

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Always amazed by how many season ticket holders want away ties in the cups and seeningly want to watch United as little as possible. That tells you a lot about modern atmosphere at football.

If we want to win the cup, it may have been better to get one of the big boys at home and knock them out before neutral venues, but we should be getting to Wembley again at least!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Think Leicester will beat Chelsea especially as that's between the two Barca legs.

Can't see any of the other three not making it.

I do feel Leicester could get to the final if they avoid Man. City. They're that one team outside the elite that on their day have plenty in their team to cause a surprise especially if they can get Mahrez focused. Big pitch at Wembley, Vardy's pace etc.

Member 90887

Hope we get Chelsea in the semis and let City and Spurs figure out who's going to be in the final.

DelPotro

There is no way the draw isn't rigged. The big teams have to be seeded. The same thing happened last year as well. They probably want to avoid small team in the semi/final just to increase viewership.

Can someone calculate the odds for getting 4 big teams in the semi for two years in a row?

Member 90887

Think Leicester will beat Chelsea especially as that's between the two Barca legs.

Can't see any of the other three not making it.

I do feel Leicester could get to the final if they avoid Man. City. They're that one team outside the elite that on their day have plenty in their team to cause a surprise especially if they can get Mahrez focused. Big pitch at Wembley, Vardy's pace etc.
Well, Mahrez got a standing ovation yesterday, i think that'll help + he had an assist.

re your point, i think it'll depend. If chelsea get dumped out of the CL, thye'll want to come back from that and the FA Cup is the best away, especially as it's their only chance of getting a trophy.

ti vu

Well, Mahrez got a standing ovation yesterday, i think that'll help + he had an assist.

re your point, i think it'll depend. If chelsea get dumped out of the CL, thye'll want to come back from that and the FA Cup is the best away, especially as it's their only chance of getting a trophy.
Not under Cut throat approach under Roman. Conte is pushed to do his best against Barcelona regardless. Then they still need to do heavy lifting in the league. Not that they can concentrate all in FA Cup more than anyone. Players ain't exactly attached to the manager enough to bounce back, holding out for another season. It can only come from bad to worse at Chelsea until a new manager come in.

Member 90887

Not under Cut throat approach under Roman. Conte is pushed to do his best against Barcelona regardless. Then they still need to do heavy lifting in the league. Not that they can concentrate all in FA Cup more than anyone.
I agree. i'm talking about the LCFC game only.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Don't you get fed up with trying to get a reaction from Man Utd fans on the internet?
So if Spurs get to the semi-final and are drawn at home but were not allowed to play the game at Wembley, where else do you suggest the game is played?

Our future home ground is currently a building site.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Always amazed by how many season ticket holders want away ties in the cups and seeningly want to watch United as little as possible. That tells you a lot about modern atmosphere at football.

If we want to win the cup, it may have been better to get one of the big boys at home and knock them out before neutral venues, but we should be getting to Wembley again at least!
Are you a season ticket holder yourself pal?

It's pretty expensive as it is, and awkward with a lot of the game times, so it's an extra game on top of that.

For distance fans like me, who perhaps do 1/4 to 1/3 of the games, and manage the rest through pals, again, it's more arrangement, and expense :)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So if Spurs get to the semi-final and are drawn at home but were not allowed to play the game at Wembley, where else do you suggest the game is played?

Knowing the FA, you'd draw Chelsea, and they'd send you to Old Trafford for a 5.30pm kick off :lol:

stu_1992

Very decent draw. Shame the other top team avoided each other. Semi-finals could be very tasty indeed.

GM K

Very favourable for the big boys. City's domestic treble assault is looking good.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Are you a season ticket holder yourself pal?

It's pretty expensive as it is, and awkward with a lot of the game times, so it's an extra game on top of that.

For distance fans like me, who perhaps do 1/4 to 1/3 of the games, and manage the rest through pals, again, it's more arrangement, and expense :)
Yeah, I am. Go stir crazy when we only have one home game in a month or so.

Fully Fledged

No team is allowed to play a semifinal at their home ground. This year Wembley is your home ground.

dogwithabone

Wouldn’t minded who we got. It’s a bit like the CL draw, once you get to last 8 teams does it really matter who you pull out ? If you’ve got aspirations to win the thing rather than just make up the numbers then you’re going to have to swat City or Barcelona aside at some point. Look at our CL defeats to Barcelona. Both forgettable damp squib matches, I’d rather go out in a memorable quarter final as opposed to tip toeing our way to a final and not bother turning up.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Blatantly going to get a tough tie while City get a lower table side
You seem to be under this misapprehension that City get easier draws than United?
Let's look at all Cup draws this season and evaluate who did best.

LC3 Burton @West Brom
LC4 @Swansea Wolves
LC5 @Bristol C @Leicester City

FA3 Derby C Burnley
FA4 @Yeovil @Cardiff
FA5 @Huddersfield @Wigan
FA6 Brighton Southampton

CL Group

Basel/Benfica/CSKA
Napoli/Shaktar/Feyenoord

R16 Sevilla Basel

Most people would say that United had the better fortune in LC3/LC5/FA3/FA4 and CL Group
City in LC4/FA5 and CL R16. FA6 is even.

So that's 5.5 of 8 draws you've "won" so where's the beef?

Ainu

Have you watched any FA cup semi-finals recently? They're all played at Wembley because it is supposed to be a neutral venue. Obvioulsy it isn't a neutral venue for Spurs at the moment, but I guess that can't be helped. If Spurs get to the semi-final, as they should, they have two home games left to win the cup. That's a signficant bonus, they should win it in all honesty.

ZupZup

A lot of fans like myself just massively prefer to watch United play away because it’s more fun. So that’s not about wanting to watch them play less at all...

I don’t mind if we draw a big team at home because it improves our chances of a win and the atmosphere will be a little better.

For this draw I would have preferred an away draw unless it’s City, Spurs or Chelsea who I’d prefer we play at home.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
A lot of fans like myself just massively prefer to watch United play away because it’s more fun. So that’s not about wanting to watch them play less at all...

I don’t mind if we draw a big team at home because it improves our chances of a win and the atmosphere will be a little better.

For this draw I would have preferred an away draw unless it’s City, Spurs or Chelsea who I’d prefer we play at home.
Sure, that’s different if you are still going to go.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Not at all, I know our draws have been favorable just as City's have been
Yep, neither of us has been given a real stinker yet. Plenty on here believe that we're lucky with draws but the domestic cup competitions have mostly kept the Top 6 apart in the early rounds.