Emirates FA Cup QF Draw | United - Brighton Sat 17th March 19:45 PM

Canagel

Nah feck that let's have Leicester and Swansea do us a favour, tbh the season Leicester are having I actually do fancy them to get to the final and Swansea are currently in stupidly good form and have recent home wins against Liverpool and Arsenal
There's actually a good chance for Leicester given how they outplayed Chelsea in the last game between them. Let's hope Swansea knock Spurs out then. Really think this is ours to lose now.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
I hope it goes something like this:

Quarter Finals:

Sheffield Wednesday or Swansea City v Rochdale or Tottenham Hotspur
Manchester United v Brighton & Hove Albion
Leicester City v Chelsea
Wigan Athletic v Southampton

Semi Finals:

Sheffield Wednesday v Leicester
Wigan V Manchester United

Final
Sheffield Wednesday vs Manchester United

cyberman

Love the way BT phrased the draw as all of the big boys have avoided each other before Spurs and City even played their games.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Two out of Utd, Spurs and Chelsea in the final would be brilliant. A couple of 120 minute games along the way would be grand too.
Like feck it would. Let's keep United as far away from another trophy as we can right now, will we... Who cares about one or two extra games.

diarm

Wigan really have overperformed in the Cup in recent years! A win, a semi final and now a quarter final in a 5 year spell where they've dropped from the Prem to League One is some going!

BergkamptoOvermars

Supports
Arsenal
Your lucky Arsenal got knocked out earlier!

Reckon Leicester will win it though regardless. :)

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Like feck it would. Let's keep United as far away from another trophy as we can right now, will we... Who cares about one or two extra games.
I don't want that either, but imagine Jose putting all his eggs in the FA cup basket (again) and finishing 5th. It will be glorious to witness the 'trophies are far more important than top 4' argument in here while Jose gets the LVG boot.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I don't want that either, but imagine Jose putting all his eggs in the FA cup basket (again) and finishing 5th. It will be glorious to witness the 'trophies are far more important than top 4' argument in here while Jose gets the LVG boot.
You're deluded if you think that's going to happen

Cal?

CR7 fan
Jose made it pretty clear that only works if it comes with CL qualification.

Member 90887

I hope it goes something like this:

Quarter Finals:

Sheffield Wednesday or Swansea City v Rochdale or Tottenham Hotspur
Leicester City v Chelsea
Wigan Athletic v Southampton

Semi Finals:

Sheffield Wednesday v Leicester
Wigan V Manchester United

Final
Sheffield Wednesday vs Manchester United
I can see a LCFC win but definitly not a Spurs loss, they'll definitly be in the semis. but it looks good, we have our chances, we can beat everyone in there. there's just the Wembley matter. let's hope Chelsea get Spurs in the semis.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Jose made it pretty clear that only works if it comes with CL qualification.
Which is sensible. And what the majority of us Pool fans have been saying but getting painted with the either/or brush.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I can see a LCFC win but definitly not a Spurs loss, they'll definitly be in the semis. but it looks good, we have our chances, we can beat everyone in there. there's just the Wembley matter. let's hope Chelsea get Spurs in the semis.
Let's hope neither make the semis? :confused:
Which is sensible. And what the majority of us Pool fans have been saying but getting painted with the either/or brush.
I don't think anyone seriously thinks that the league cup or FA cup are better than top 4.

Member 90887

Let's hope neither make the semis? :confused:

I don't think anyone seriously thinks that the league cup or FA cup are better than top 4.
haha, well that would be nice, the next best thing if both of them advance is that they play each other.

markelphick

7.45pm, Saturday 17 March
Live on BT Sport 2

Leicester City v Chelsea
4.30pm, Sunday 18 March
Live on BBC One

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Surely if Spurs reach the semi finals and/or final they need to move where the game is played? The SF and Final is meant to be at a neutral ground, no?

Redman24

Will we park the bus against the mighty Brighton?

At this point it would not surprise me.

Last edited by a moderator:

cyberman

Paddys day night for feck sake.
I might have to rewatch the game on the 18th

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Surely if Spurs reach the semi finals and/or final they need to move where the game is played? The SF and Final is meant to be at a neutral ground, no?
Not a chance. Preparations for these events are months and months in the making. No way they're changing a venue.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Unfortunately I think it'll be a Spurs v Leicester final, Spurs beating us in the semi final :(

Hopefully Swansea can help us avoid that...

Perseus

SATURDAY 17TH MARCH
SIXTH ROUND
  • Swansea City 12:15 Tottenham Hotspur​
  • Manchester United 19:45 Brighton & Hove Albion​
SUNDAY 18TH MARCH
SIXTH ROUND
  • Wigan Athletic 13:30 Southampton​
  • Leicester City 16:30 Chelsea​

Perseus

I think Leicester should fancy their chances as they are the middle of the table club not involved in more important competitions.

Matches come before the international break so there is less need to play the reserve sides. Spurs will.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
SATURDAY 17TH MARCH
SIXTH ROUND
  • Swansea City 12:15 Tottenham Hotspur​
  • Manchester United 19:45 Brighton & Hove Albion​
SUNDAY 18TH MARCH
SIXTH ROUND
  • Wigan Athletic 13:30 Southampton​
  • Leicester City 16:30 Chelsea​
This great chance for a trophy has crept up on my a little. Kind draws and an upset or two more will put us in the box seat (as they could for Spurs or Chelsea to be fair).

Perseus

Upped in importance from a reserve team game now. Brighton are not safe from relegation but have the international break for injury recovery. And not deep in the relegation mire yet although the next home games vs Leicester and Huddersfield are more important. Hints that the first team will play to keep them in match practice before the break. Reserve team played in earlier rounds.

saik

So, am I right in assuming quarter-final matches won't be replayed?

I fully expect our players to play like lazy fecks whole match doing feck all and then collectively shit themselves in the penalty shootout.

Eire Red United

So, am I right in assuming quarter-final matches won't be replayed?

I fully expect our players to play like lazy fecks whole match doing feck all and then collectively shit themselves in the penalty shootout.
Awk have a day off.

Kapardin

Bit funny that the three of the Top 6 left in the FA Cup are the ones who are out of the CL (Chelsea likely joining our merry party today).

Important for all of us -- Poch despite all his talk would be desperate for a trophy, we are coming off a Sevilla disasterclass followed by our own manager trolling our club, and Conte has his team in 5th and is likely to want a cup as a consolation before he fecks off at the end of the season.

The Losers' Club, the FA Cup. Damn, do I want it now.