Emmanuel Frimpong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
I thought he was sensational before the sending off. I was slightly surprised most people were talking about Nasri's performance when this lad clearly outshined him imo.

However with the media hype surrounding Nasri's situation it's understandable.

His technique seemed top notch, I can't agree with Wayne Rooney, he was beating players for fun and his gut bursing runs from deep were Essien like.

His only problem is that he seems like a bit of a nutter but then again, he's young and learning.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
One thing I really liked about him was his discipline about his role. He was very careful not to get forward too much and leave us short which is something that Song can be guilty of doing.

His debut was far more encouraging that Song's first 10 games or so. His behaviour was bizarre though. Fronting the bloke for a simple throw-in was really unnecessary. I think he'd struggle with a more mobile midfield though and would be carded as much as Song.

It'll be interesting to watch his progression as he will likely get a bunch of games this season.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
Apart from behaving like a retard on speed, I thought he played well, and clearly is a talented player.

But a Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not sure if there is a thread on him, if so I'll delete, but what did you guys make of him in the little you saw of him in that Liverpool game. I've seen him before in Arsenal friendlies and was very impressed, think he has alot to his game and amazing energy. His attitude is just what Arsenal lack, abit of fight though he did overstep the mark last game.. I'm hoping he can be moulded into that mobile holding mid that England never seem to produce.
Potentially a lot better than Song IMO

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
People are over-rating him horrendously I feel. He did some nice things but also cost his team with his stupid red card, let's see how he performs in three or four matches before making a judgement over it.

Decotron

People are over-rating him horrendously I feel. He did some nice things but also cost his team with his stupid red card, let's see how he performs in three or four matches before making a judgement over it.
I agree and thats having seeing him for a few years now. He is a talent but to say something like his technique is "top notch" is laughable imo

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
I agree and thats having seeing him for a few years now. He is a talent but to say something like his technique is "top notch" is laughable imo
Where have you seen him? His technique is excellent and unquestioned. You aren't going to get anywhere near the midfield unless you have good technique..his ability to curb his emotions during matches is the main problem, and it will be something he'll undoubtedly improve on given time.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
Where have you seen him? His technique is excellent and unquestioned. You aren't going to get anywhere near the midfield unless you have good technique..his ability to curb his emotions during matches is the main problem, and it will be something he'll undoubtedly improve on given time.
Gallas....

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I wish I knew why people had to post definitive answers on players regarding their technique and talent after seeing them for a few games. People post stuff so they can come back and say "yeah I was right" but it's all just guesswork. He's a young lad, he could go many ways.

KM

He just replied this to Wilshere's twitter status

@JackWilshere: Good luck to my friend @Nanas08 (mr Nasri) learnt a lot from him. World class player! Will be missed!"

Pffffff comeon Jack
:lol:

davisjw

Thought Wenger was naive not to bring him off. It was obvious he'd get sent off. That role is disciple based and that'll come in time. He's been thrown over the deep end due to circumstances which is great for him.

Christofaux

He's gonnah ave a trial by fire this year, and the only reason why he won't succeed is if Wenger leave's/is given the punt. No other manager would probably sacrifice a season to let a player like him try and develop. They would probably just open the cheque book and fix the position. This is not a stab at other managers, just the fact that he is over enthusiastic which i love. He was one of the better if not the best player on the park for the time he was on.

KM

He's gonnah ave a trial by fire this year, and the only reason why he won't succeed is if Wenger leave's/is given the punt. No other manager would probably sacrifice a season to let a player like him try and develop. They would probably just open the cheque book and fix the position. This is not a stab at other managers, just the fact that he is over enthusiastic which i love. He was one of the better if not the best player on the park for the time he was on.
:lol:

Have you been sleeping for the past two weeks?

KM

That might explain the obvious ignorance then

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Probably because it would be an absolutely absurd thing to do.

You don't need to sacrifce seasons to bring young players through. You'll note that, immediately after winning the league, Fergis is picking Cleverley and Welbeck ahead of Carrick/Berbatov and you can be damn sure he has no intention of sacrificing anything to bring them through.

KM

Ignorance of what?
Ignorance of the fact that Fergie has done exactly the same thing by deciding to not sign anyone and give Cleverley the chance.

No other manager would probably sacrifice a season to let a player like him try and develop. They would probably just open the cheque book and fix the position.

spinoza

Paz's ion
If Wenger's given the heave, Frimpong could do worse than come to OT. He'd actually win something there too.

Christofaux

Probably because it would be an absolutely absurd thing to do.

You don't need to sacrifce seasons to bring young players through. You'll note that, immediately after winning the league, Fergis is picking Cleverley and Welbeck ahead of Carrick/Berbatov and you can be damn sure he has no intention of sacrificing anything to bring them through.
agree, hence why i said its not a stab at other managers. Im finally losing patience with wenger this transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.