Emmanuel Macron

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
I knew France had picked a winner when I read his biography on Wikipedia.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I'm very impressed by Macron. If he can obtain the political capital to push his reforms through France should benefit tremendously over the next twenty years.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
It'll go sour eventually but enjoying it while it lasts.

AshfordLad

Feck the french. The got all the best young players in football and now have the best young politician too.

While all we can come up with is Lord jeremaih. :(

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Sad state when that's the group one can put an American president in.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It's a sad state of affairs when a former investment banker is supposedly the saviour of the world, if this was 9 years ago Macron wouldn't even have gotten close to power. Macron is just another villain battling other villains, there are no heroes.

AshfordLad

Merkel and Trudeau are right up there. It's a pity that the UK can join the party.
Trudeau is on much weaker footing within canada than the other two. Most canadians who dont love him actually loathe him. Not the case with the other two.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
The moment where he walks straight at Trump and then in the final moment swerves to hug Merkel and leave him hanging is fantastic as well. :lol:

I really like him as a politician. What he manages to accomplish depends a lot on the legislative elections but he's got the right ideas and the right mentality. I'm hopeful. His PM choice was good and exactly what he needed for the parliamentary elections.

I highly recommend the documentary about the 200 days leading to the Presidential Election.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's a sad state of affairs when a former investment banker is supposedly the saviour of the world, if this was 9 years ago Macron wouldn't even have gotten close to power. Macron is just another villain battling other villains, there are no heroes.
Because he was an investment banker? Like Georges Pompidou who has headed the Rothschild bank?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Because he was an investment banker? Like Georges Pompidou who has headed the Rothschild bank?
I really believe investment banker at the height of the financial crisis in 2008 would not have been elected. I don't know enough about Georges Pompidou to comment on the argument you're making.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
You appear ignorant and close-minded (at least to myself) when you judge someone's character and intentions so unequivocally based solely on his choice of profession. I don't want to fight or insult you, just giving some feedback.

JPRouve

Scout
I really believe investment banker at the height of the financial crisis in 2008 would not have been elected. I don't know enough about Georges Pompidou to comment on the argument you're making.
So your argument is conjonctural and not linked to the actual profession? Because my point is that France already elected an investment banker as president.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
You appear ignorant and close-minded (at least to myself) when you judge someone's character and intentions so unequivocally based solely on his choice of profession. I don't want to fight or insult you, just giving some feedback.
It's hard to judge a politicians character as some are very good at marketing themselves. I think Macron will be another Tony Blair, a bold, fresh, young face that ultimately leaves a disappointing legacy. I think he represents the interests of big transnational banks and businesses over those of the common people.

So your argument is conjonctural and not linked to the actual profession? Because my point is that France already elected an investment banker as president.
Linked to his profession within the time I was referring to, at that time the investment bankers were the villains like Trump and Putin are right now. It's all within context, I just find it a little funny that we praise a man who just under a decade ago we would have lambasted. He just seems a lot more palatable because of who the alternatives are.

EyeInTheSky

I am pleasantly surprised. Some actual reality inserted amongst the nauseating sycophancy going on in here.

"Uha look, look he won thumb war with trump"

This is exactly why politics is nothing more than a meaningless perennial Vote for different heads with the same agenda

EyeInTheSky

It's hard to judge a politicians character as some are very good at marketing themselves. I think Macron will be another Tony Blair, a bold, fresh, young face that ultimately leaves a disappointing legacy. I think he represents the interests of big transnational banks and businesses over those of the common people.

Linked to his profession within the time I was referring to, at that time the investment bankers were the villains like Trump and Putin are right now. It's all within context, I just find it a little funny that we praise a man who just under a decade ago we would have lambasted. He just seems a lot more palatable because of who the alternatives are.
Good post and eloquent response

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I am pleasantly surprised. Some actual reality inserted amongst the nauseating sycophancy going on in here.

"Uha look, look he won thumb war with trump"

This is exactly why politics is nothing more than a meaningless perennial Vote for different heads with the same agenda
What reality? The one factual element in the comment was that Macron used to be an investment banker. That's a very unsubstantial foundation to build anything on. You both have your opinions and they may very well be right but don't present them as reality without anything to back it up.

JPRouve

Scout
Which is exactly my problem, not only you put traders and investors in the same bag but for a reason that in my opinion can't be justified, you create an hyphotical that serves no purpose. Since 9 years ago none of the candidates he faced would have been elected either.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why is his former profession remotely relevant here ?

MTF

So as an investment banker myself, I should just presume that all that are not (so most of you) are more moral than me without knowing anything about their lives and vice-versa?

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
So as an investment banker myself, I should just presume that all that are not (so most of you) are more moral than me without knowing anything about their lives and vice-versa?
Was just about to post this myself. Ridiculous comments in here.

JPRouve

Scout
Was just about to post this myself. Ridiculous comments in here.
I always felt that there was something fishy about you two.:smirk: