Endrick | Joining Real Madrid in 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
As Barca and Madrid, no. For a 16 year old kid, United? Possibly We have been Champions of Europe in the time the kid was old enough to have memories at least.

The Jersey alone is not the magnet it once was. Athletes today, not just in football, do NOT care about the history and “prestige” that history once afforded. I would argue it is dying a bit for Barca now as well, and maybe only Madrid really has IT anymore.

That’s why PSG is n the top 3. It’s about the money, the overall project and the showcase.

Except for Madrid. I truly think they are the only team that can “pull anyone they want” by name alone anymore.

I told you guys we were WAY ahead of many clubs on Endrick in July. We were very close to buying a club with the ability to buy Endrick early and avoid all this for awhile. We’ve eaten in his home a ton, spent time with his family and coaches, put in the work building relationships. Romano isn’t putting us in that top 3 on a lark.

People think these guys would care about things like who George Best played …. And they just don’t.

If you guys were in the position of a City, and could combine that with your name value? That would be a different story. But you aren’t.
Despite you being a bit of a Boehly / Clearlake cheerleader, I think you are correct on a lot of things here.

I don't think it really matters too much that Utd and Liverpool are bigger clubs traditionally than the likes of City and Chelsea for a 16 year old. What matters more is where the club is at now, what you can sell to the player and his family more specifically of where the club is going, how you'll look after the player, what environment you will build round him, how you see him integrating for the first team etc. Ironically, the 1 thing that might influence a 16 year old forward is the presence and influence of 1 of the greatest players ever in Ronaldo, and he's just put a massive negative slant on that.

Unfortunately though, a big part of the decision is how much money the club will throw at the player and his family, and we know Boehlys Chelsea won't be shy at that.

It won't surprise anyone on here to know that from a sporting perspective, I think Arsenal could be 1 of the best options for Endrick. A young team looking on the up, a club and management team that's looking more stable, a Brazilian Sporting Director, a manager that can speak some Portuguese, players such as Jesus, Gabriel, Martinelli and Marquinhos, could even sign his current club mate in Danilo. Not got a lot of depth in the forward areas so a clear path to the first team.
The only thing missing is that Arsenal won't throw money at him and his family. Like you say, theres a reason why Chelsea, PSG and Real are seen as the 3 favourites.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Despite you being a bit of a Boehly / Clearlake cheerleader, I think you are correct on a lot of things here.

I don't think it really matters too much that Utd and Liverpool are bigger clubs traditionally than the likes of City and Chelsea for a 16 year old. What matters more is where the club is at now, what you can sell to the player and his family more specifically of where the club is going, how you'll look after the player, what environment you will build round him, how you see him integrating for the first team etc. Ironically, the 1 thing that might influence a 16 year old forward is the presence and influence of 1 of the greatest players ever in Ronaldo, and he's just put a massive negative slant on that.

Unfortunately though, a big part of the decision is how much money the club will throw at the player and his family, and we know Boehlys Chelsea won't be shy at that.

It won't surprise anyone on here to know that from a sporting perspective, I think Arsenal could be 1 of the best options for Endrick. A young team looking on the up, a club and management team that's looking more stable, a Brazilian Sporting Director, a manager that can speak some Portuguese, players such as Jesus, Gabriel, Martinelli and Marquinhos, could even sign his current club mate in Danilo. Not got a lot of depth in the forward areas so a clear path to the first team.
The only thing missing is that Arsenal won't throw money at him and his family. Like you say, theres a reason why Chelsea, PSG and Real are seen as the 3 favourites.
I still think Madrid will edge it and sign him eventually. But if we signed him, i dont think itd be a huge surprise. Given Boehly et al's willingness to spend and Thiago Silva spending time with Endrick and his family at Cobham. Again, as you alluded to, he and his family may prefer what PSG offer as a package for example, and they may have a big influence over the players decision

The notion that player X picks Liverpool or Utd over chelsea and City due to history and prestige is nonsense these days. Back in the 90s it was a thing yes, but not in the recent era. A 16 yr old player has only really known City and Chelsea being the most successful in England in his lifetime.

Vapor trail

I still think Madrid will edge it and sign him eventually. But if we signed him, i dont think itd be a huge surprise. Given Boehly et al's willingness to spend and Thiago Silva spending time with Endrick and his family at Cobham. Again, as you alluded to, he and his family may prefer what PSG offer as a package for example, and they may have a big influence over the players decision

The notion that player X picks Liverpool or Utd over chelsea and City due to history and prestige is nonsense these days. Back in the 90s it was a thing yes, but not in the recent era. A 16 yr old player has only really known City and Chelsea being the most successful in England in his lifetime.
Most successful would certainly throw Liverpool into that same argument. There's likely many decisions that factor into a players decision. None of us can give an accurate account regarding the choices that determines a players decision because none of us have the experience. It is therefore mostly assumption.

There's also the purpose behind why the said player is moving for example a young player who has seen Chelsea's record to integrate youth into the first team would be skeptical (alongside academy players sold to find first team football) so almost every club has perspectives that are for and against their propositions.

Ultimately we will have to wait and see what his decisions are and why he made those particular choices.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Don't forget the lad in question was born in 2006. :lol:

In his lifetime Chelsea have won the following trophies:

3x EPL
2x UCL
2x UEL
5x FA Cup

That's 12 major trophies plus a few of the minor ones (2x EFL Cup and a Club World Cup) on top. In the same time frame and criteria City have won 8 major trophies, United have 8, Arsenal have 4 and Liverpool with 3.

Now if we're to count the FA Cup and UEL among the minor trophies (should they?) we still have 5 major ones while City and United have 6 each, Liverpool 2 and Arsenal is left with feck all.

So yeah, I don't think it's unfair to say that in the lifespan of someone born in the mid-2000s Chelsea have been among the most successful clubs in England. Whether that has any impact in the boy's decision I have absolutely no idea and even if it does then a club like Real Madrid have a better trophy record and higher 'prestige' anyway.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If we do get new, wealthy ownership then this is a move we may be afforded the luxury to explore.

Bojan Djordjic

If we do get new, wealthy ownership then this is a move we may be afforded the luxury to explore.
What are the chances United's sale is finalised before Endrick's future is settled? Have a feeling the Glazers will be pinching pennies even more than normal now that they are selling the club.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
What are the chances United's sale is finalised before Endrick's future is settled?
Low chance, I would think.

Even in unprecedented circumstances and a big rush to finalize the deal due to the sanctions, the Chelsea takeover took almost 4 months from start to finish. The takeover of United is going to be a much higher-value sale and since there's no outside mandate to hurry things up, the bidding process and due diligence will most likely be spread out over a longer time period to attract as many buyers as possible (= potentially more money for the Glazers).

I'd be quite surprised if any United takeover was finalized before the start of the 23/24 season and chances are Endrick's move to wherever he ends up will be fully agreed by then. Of course that doesn't mean you can't still join the race for him under the current Glazer regime but the question is will they want to lock down any big future transfers now that they're already looking to sell the club?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What are the chances United's sale is finalised before Endrick's future is settled? Have a feeling the Glazers will be pinching pennies even more than normal now that they are selling the club.
Doubt it'll disrupt the clubs daily running. It's not like the Glazers put a penny in anyway.

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
This Fabrizio Romano tweets Xavi and FCB are now after Endrick too. Not long ago he had them not interested, but there you go...

PSG apparently made a bid, FCB and CFC are in talks with him and his family, and Real watching from the side line to step in once all is ripe. I don't see this lad joining United anytime soon.

This lad Estevão however... next big thing to Endrick, certainly.

the_cliff

While everyone is clamouring for Endrick. We should really go and snap up Angelo Gabriel who I believe is the more talented out of the 2. More raw but definitely more talented.

Brazil really do seem to have an endless pool of talented attackers. It's actually incredible.

Righteous Steps

While everyone is clamouring for Endrick. We should really go and snap up Angelo Gabriel who I believe is the more talented out of the 2. More raw but definitely more talented.

Brazil really do seem to have an endless pool of talented attackers. It's actually incredible.
Why do you think he’s more talented than Endrick?

the_cliff

Why do you think he’s more talented than Endrick?
Way more technical. Endrick is a powerful player and a freak at that age and is more polished despite being younger, my personal opinion though is that Gabriel has a higher ceiling.

Again it's my personal opinion but Angelo Gabriel is a top talent in his own right (Last year he became the youngest goal scorer in copa libertadores history at 16) and probably the best dribbler to come out of Brazil since Vini jr and while everyone is clamouring for Endrick we have a high chance of snapping him up. Andre Trindad is another one we should be looking at, although a completely different position.

Righteous Steps

Way more technical. Endrick is a powerful player and a freak at that age and is more polished despite being younger, my personal opinion though is that Gabriel has a higher ceiling.

Again it's my personal opinion but Angelo Gabriel is a top talent in his own right (Last year he became the youngest goal scorer in copa libertadores history at 16) and probably the best dribbler to come out of Brazil since Vini jr and while everyone is clamouring for Endrick we have a high chance of snapping him up. Andre Trindad is another one we should be looking at, although a completely different position.
Thanks for the insight, would you say Vini was a better dribbler than Rodrygo?

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Most successful would certainly throw Liverpool into that same argument. There's likely many decisions that factor into a players decision. None of us can give an accurate account regarding the choices that determines a players decision because none of us have the experience. It is therefore mostly assumption.

There's also the purpose behind why the said player is moving for example a young player who has seen Chelsea's record to integrate youth into the first team would be skeptical (alongside academy players sold to find first team football) so almost every club has perspectives that are for and against their propositions.

Ultimately we will have to wait and see what his decisions are and why he made those particular choices.
Chelsea’s record to integrate youth is better than any of the other teams he’s looking at, so this is frankly an odd statement. Now if you throw in Barca that’s different, but we have more Academy players playing first team than any of those others.

But again, Endrick isnt going to someone’s Academy. I have major doubts as to whether gambling 60 to 90m (whatever it comes to after bidding and agent fees, etc) on a teenager who could completely fail to adjust is a good plan for Barca at this stage. If the rumors about the “total package” being sold to the family are true it also might cause problems with their pay structure.

And yeah….if you ask any of these younger players to check out anything from more than 10 or 15 years ago, they will look at you like you’re crazy. This has already happened in other sports. Rule of thumb: If you lose relevance you have a 10 year window to get it back before you essentially have to build back up from near scratch. If you asked Endrick who his favorite older generation player is, he’d probably say Neymar.

I would rate Madrid the favorite, certainly. But if the kid really does want to play in the PL like we are hearing … you never know.

arthurka

We haven't got a Brazilian talent since Possebon was a thing. We have an abysmal record with Brazilians.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

Thank you. Great to gain some educated insight. Out of the talents coming through, I have only really heard of Gabriel, Estevao, Endrick, and Luis Guillherme, either through this thread or elsewhere. How would you rate each of them in terms of current and past talents? Seen a fair amount of hype about each of them, with Endrick getting the most by far. I’ve heard your thoughts on Gabriel and Endrick but would love to hear what you think of the other two.

the_cliff

Thank you. Great to gain some educated insight. Out of the talents coming through, I have only really heard of Gabriel, Estevao, Endrick, and Luis Guillherme, either through this thread or elsewhere. How would you rate each of them in terms of current and past talents? Seen a fair amount of hype about each of them, with Endrick getting the most by far. I’ve heard your thoughts on Gabriel and Endrick but would love to hear what you think of the other two.
To be honest, I haven't seen much of them as they haven't yet played for the first team yet. I usually keep an eye out on the Brazilian Serie A and not youth football there. From what I've heard they are both more physical and more direct than Gabriel, while Gabriel is more of a creative player. Estevao is especially highly rated though, so we should see him make an app for the first team soon. I can't tell you their playing style and how their game will translate to adult football though...

The difference between Endrick, Gabriel and the other 2 you mentioned is that they are both doing it in adult football, Gabriel especially, he's 17 and has 97 apps for the Santos first team, granted a lot of them are sub appearances but it's still pretty crazy if you think about it. He's a natural dribbler with almost perfect close control if he can work on his decision making in the final third and his finishing he's going to be wanted just as much as Endrick if not more. Endrick has took his insane goal scoring record for his youth teams to adult football as well which is the reason why he's so highly rated.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo

Barcelona have a €35M purchase option for Angelo Gabriel.

TheReligion

Abusive

I think it’s nonsense to you because your club doesn’t have the history and prestige. That can’t be bought.

Whilst I agree a players view can very much differ depending on their age and what they have lived through clubs like United, Liverpool, Real, Barca, Bayern will always have that romanticism attached given the history and pedigree the clubs have.

It’s equally silly to suggest none of that matters as it is to say current success/potential and financial packages don’t either.

He’ll move to the club that ticks most of the boxes at the end of the day and whilst Chelsea definitely tick quite a few they don’t offer more than any other English team and they also lack plenty.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Yes, that was done before Barca went on a summer shopping spree. Barcelona will not spend 35 m on Angelo Gabriel.
The latest news is that Barcelona follows Angelo closely and they see a great future.
Barcelona also had a €20M option for Kayky and eventually signed for Almeria (€7M).

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Not Endrick but appears we have almost signed andrey Santos from Vasco da Gama

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Vini. It helps that he's more explosive but it's close.
It's not. Rodrygo has far cleaner technique and touch but Vini is just so quick and explosive it makes him nigh unstoppable if he has space to run. Rodrygo is a good dribbler, but not great

the_cliff

It's not. Rodrygo has far cleaner technique and touch but Vini is just so quick and explosive it makes him nigh unstoppable if he has space to run. Rodrygo is a good dribbler, but not great
I was comparing them when they were both in the Brazilian league. Rodrygo dribbles far less for Madrid than he did for Santos, whether that's because of instructions or the quality of the league I don't know. He also has more to his game and can create so doesn't need to rely solely on dribbling.
If you watched both of them in the Brazilian league it wasn't as big a gap as you are suggesting. Again you're right Vini is more of a problem because of his explosiveness, however, Rodrygo's close control dribbling is very underrated, I think he had more successful dribbles in the Brazilian league than Vini iirc.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
I think it’s nonsense to you because your club doesn’t have the history and prestige. That can’t be bought.

Whilst I agree a players view can very much differ depending on their age and what they have lived through clubs like United, Liverpool, Real, Barca, Bayern will always have that romanticism attached given the history and pedigree the clubs have.

It’s equally silly to suggest none of that matters as it is to say current success/potential and financial packages don’t either.

He’ll move to the club that ticks most of the boxes at the end of the day and whilst Chelsea definitely tick quite a few they don’t offer more than any other English team and they also lack plenty.
The change in historic attention span of modern athletes is … remarkable really. I was involved in .. “recruitment” of athletes in a different sport financially . Even in the late 90’s there was still a lot of selling the “prestige” of a brand. Players dreamed, for real, of playing for certain teams, they knew the history, even particular famous plays. By 2010 that had changed completely. I’m not sure if it was driven solely by the internet and birth of social media, or what happened. But to most of these kids, if it happened more than 10 or 15 years ago? They. Do. Not. Care. Fans like to think they care about such things, because the die hard fans themselves do.

Recent success and the profile of the players that sign for a team in recent history plays a bigger part. Top targets want to join other top targets. That, and the overall plan for the player and the team, especially as it’s related to them by the agent.

If you took ten 15 year old players in Brazil and asked them which team was more “prestigious” : United or City … as much as it may pain, most would probably say City. Heck, PSG would probably get a mention, and aside from a “cup winners cup” I’m not even familiar with, the best they have is a CL runner up and some Ligue Un titles. The biggest draw they have, to young players (aside from straight money) is the fact that people automatically associate someone they sign as being top 5 or so in their position, whether true or not.

And that’s a reality the people at United and (hopefully) your new owners will have to recognize before they can fix the problem.

On a related note: apparently we just beat PSG, Barca, and Newcastle to Andrey Santos from Vasco. Idk how good a thing that is, but the statement from his people was “the Blues project was more consistent with the players expectations than the other clubs”… nothing romantic about following in past footsteps, or fulfilling long held dreams. It is what it is.

istripador

[ QUOTE = "giorno, post: 29792872, membro: 104389" ]
Não é. Rodrygo tem uma técnica e um toque muito mais limpos, mas Vini é tão rápido e explosivo que o torna quase imparável se ele tiver espaço para correr. Rodrygo é um bom drible, mas não ótimo
[ / QUOTE ]
Yes

TheReligion

Abusive
The change in historic attention span of modern athletes is … remarkable really. I was involved in .. “recruitment” of athletes in a different sport financially . Even in the late 90’s there was still a lot of selling the “prestige” of a brand. Players dreamed, for real, of playing for certain teams, they knew the history, even particular famous plays. By 2010 that had changed completely. I’m not sure if it was driven solely by the internet and birth of social media, or what happened. But to most of these kids, if it happened more than 10 or 15 years ago? They. Do. Not. Care. Fans like to think they care about such things, because the die hard fans themselves do.

Recent success and the profile of the players that sign for a team in recent history plays a bigger part. Top targets want to join other top targets. That, and the overall plan for the player and the team, especially as it’s related to them by the agent.

If you took ten 15 year old players in Brazil and asked them which team was more “prestigious” : United or City … as much as it may pain, most would probably say City. Heck, PSG would probably get a mention, and aside from a “cup winners cup” I’m not even familiar with, the best they have is a CL runner up and some Ligue Un titles. The biggest draw they have, to young players (aside from straight money) is the fact that people automatically associate someone they sign as being top 5 or so in their position, whether true or not.

And that’s a reality the people at United and (hopefully) your new owners will have to recognize before they can fix the problem.

On a related note: apparently we just beat PSG, Barca, and Newcastle to Andrey Santos from Vasco. Idk how good a thing that is, but the statement from his people was “the Blues project was more consistent with the players expectations than the other clubs”… nothing romantic about following in past footsteps, or fulfilling long held dreams. It is what it is.
They do play a part but I don’t see how that favours Chelsea given how poor in the transfer market they have been?

Players care about all kinds of things. I mean even as silly as it sounds would you rather play in front of 75k people each week at Old Trafford or 39k at the Bridge? It’s a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.