England back off! Casey Stoney is ours!

Grande

Couldn’t find the link right now (maybe someone else can?), but just read that Phil ‘the 4th Neville’ Neville might leave the England post (or become left out), and that Casey Stoney is their fave for the job. That would be a big blow, she has come in firing on all cylinders and appears the most perfect for United manager we’ve had at the club since Alex Ferguson. She’s taken us only one way so far, and it’s the right way in every sense - and yet she has only done half the job. She’s raised a team of cubs (Casey’s Cubs?), secured promotion and brought us within reach of the big operators in English football. The top of PL remains - and so does Europe.
Lyon is a tall order, but if Sir Matt could overtake Real Madrid, I wouldn’t put it past Lady Casey to get us to that final hurdle if she puts in the time needed.

Jack-C20

Would she take it? Traditionally the England job is something every English manager wants to do at some point but it would surely be hard to leave now.

Acole9

Outstanding
I think she'll take it, pretty much the pinnacle for women's football in this country.

arthurka

I think she'll take it, pretty much the pinnacle for women's football in this country.
Don't think so. Building Utd to be the biggest in the world trumps that any day of the week. National team is a job for someone retiring.

Snafu17

Don't think so. Building Utd to be the biggest in the world trumps that any day of the week. National team is a job for someone retiring.
Yeah in men's football. International competitions get way more attention in the women's game.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Talksport mentioned Casey this morning along with Emma Hayes ( but think she wants to win the CL with Chelsea). The big mention was for Jill Ellis the US coach.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Will they not want someone more experienced? Casey has done a fine job, but she's only a couple of years into her managerial career. Maybe in 5 or 6 years of hopefully winning trophies at club level.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
What’s the reason for Nevilles departure? Poor performances or something else?

decorativeed

And he was largely inexperienced too, and did reasonably well, but if they want to push towards the next level, a more experienced manager who was had sustsained success at club level would surely make more sense than going like-for-like.
I'm actually suggesting that P Nev had much less experience than Stoney. She'd be a massive improvement.

I would prefer her to stay at United though. I recently had the pleasure of her visiting my work and doing a talk for families about her career. She was incredibly inspiring, and really impressed me with her attitude and perspective. There were people sat with their kids, literally moved to tears by her story. I think she's a remarkable person and we'd be very lucky to keep hold of her.

Acole9

Outstanding
Mens football yes, but not the ladies game.

Lightbringer

Whats the latest on this situation? When will england have to decide their new manager? Stoney seems extremely active & dedicated on social media. I would be gutted if she left.